~Deepika's Draupadi Film Updates Thread~Please Post ALL UPDATES HERE!! - Page 3

Posted: 4 years ago

Who is playing krishna  ? Bheem? Arjun?

For bheem they can take prabhas and arjun can be vicky  krishna will be difficult one there are not many eho can match up to kanha s charm 

Originally posted by AllThatCritique

WHAT THE EFF. First of all,forget Deepika for a second WE ARE GETTING THE PALACE OF ILLUSIONS AS A MOVIE. One of the greatest Indian books ever written! Chitra Banerjee Devakaruni YOU DESERVE THIS! SO MUCH! 

Second,ofcourse its Deepika. Mantena is right on! 

Anyway,THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE FOR A 'THE PALACE OF ILLUSIONS' STAN! Y'all should read that book if you havent ! Masterpiece. Honestly, just the fact that this book is getting turned into a movie. It makes you rethink Mahabharat in ways you did not think possible. So important and still so relevant. THAT MAKES ME SO HAPPY! 

You should watch Dharmakshetra. It was a TV adaptation of Palace Of Illusions on Epic channel. Quite nice. It's available on Netflix.

Originally posted by Khai_R_Haagi

You should watch Dharmakshetra. It was a TV adaptation of Palace Of Illusions on Epic channel. Quite nice. It's available on Netflix.

As much as i know dharmakshetra was about mb character s trial in chitragupta s court  is this the plot of POI??

Plus POI has drapaudi-karna angle i don't think this part is there in dharmakshetra

Fantastic!! Deepika would be fab!

I quite like Rana as Duryodhana as well - but then he will need to bulk up for that. 

Can't wait for the announcement of the whole cast.

Originally posted by Poorabhforever

Who is playing krishna  ? Bheem? Arjun?

For bheem they can take prabhas and arjun can be vicky  krishna will be difficult one there are not many eho can match up to kanha s charm 

for Krishna someone who can play it like SRJ

This is fantastic. I do not care about the actress but it is amazing that Mahabharta is being told from Draupadi's POV. It was long due. Mahabharta is always a story of Pandavas, Krishna, Arjuna, and Draupadi was just portrayed as a "Reason of war". Our society needs to know a woman's perspective. I hope they also explore other women in subplots like Kunti, Gandhari. 

Deepika is not a bad actress. If the movie is made well, she will shine. 

Originally posted by Khai_R_Haagi

Oh I didn't know this. Will check it out soon! Thanks :) 

I am never upset with her. She is wise. It's just the haters who put all DP fans in the same bracket with their notmydp chants.

Originally posted by you2

DP fans who were upset that she chose to do a small role in 83..will now be pleased to see Ranveer doing a small but important role in her latest production.

Co-branding is not only for ads,it works great for films too.