Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum

AfterMath of Molestation

GirlWithWings thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

The portrayal of molestation really gave me shivers.  Both the actors Dipika and Vineet nailed the scene. I was creeped out by Mahesh and scared for Sona. It was realistic in real life no hero comes to save you. Also liked how sona was trying her best till the end and Vimmi hears the sound and comes to the rescue  (Not all heroes wear capes) but what disturbs me more is how will they hand the aftermath? They showed it this dark don't tell me they are gonna brush it off with one hug and dialogue and have Sonakshi jump right into the wedding. I was once touched in a disgusting way in a public transport I couldn't board one for a whole month but Sonakshi was almost raped and how do they expect viewers to believe she will be all smiling and happy and be getting engaged. The pain and the suffering one can't get out of it easily. I really hope makers don't disappoint and handle this track in a sensible way and not brush it off easily like they did with other tracks. This is a sensitive issue I will never tolerate if they don't handle this well and later find out it was added just to create drama. If they are not going to handle this well they shouldn't have included this especially during wedding track. 

Edited by GirlWithWings - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

roshni_az thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: GirlWithWings

The portrayal of molestation really gave me shivers.  Both the actors Dipika and Vineet nailed the scene. I was creeped out by Mahesh and scared for Sona. It was realistic in real life no hero comes to save you. Also liked how sona was trying her best till the end and Vimmi hears the sound and comes to the rescue  (Not all heroes wear capes) but what disturbs me more is how will they hand the aftermath? They showed it this dark don't tell me they are gonna brush it off with one hug and dialogue and have Sonakshi jump right into the wedding. I was once touched in a disgusting way in a public transport I couldn't board one for a whole month but Sonakshi was almost raped and how do they expect viewers to believe she will be all smiling and happy and be getting engaged. The pain and the suffering one can't get out of it easily. I really hope makers don't disappoint and handle this track in a sensible way and not brush it off easily like they did with other tracks. This is a sensitive issue I will never tolerate if they don't handle this well and later find out it was added just to create drama. If they are not going to handle this well they shouldn't have included this especially during wedding track. 

I can completly undrstnd this feeling.Nd trust me nothing can b more disgusting than this.I think almst all girls travelling in public trnsprt must hv faced smthng similar.I dnt knw how they will handle this in the shw.Keeping in mind its her engagemnt on that day I dnt think they r stretching it that much.But the mere presence of Rohit around her will give her the feeling of protection I feel..I think at such vulnerable situations ur better half has a big role to play..There was a shw called kaisi yeh yaariyan.Somethng similar was shwn there..The way the aftrmath was handled thre is by far the bst I hv seen till date..

armaanasya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I was thinking of the same thing. Such incidents are scarring. You cannot go about things for few days, forget few hours.

I really wish Rohit and family offers to have the engagement some other day and leave it to her choice to agree to go ahead with the engagement. No one wants to have their most special moment while being traumatised.

Seeing the segments i was actually surprised with how Sonakshi was all normal, becaue usually no one is, atleast not so soon.

GirlWithWings thumbnail

Originally posted by: roshni_az

I can completly undrstnd this feeling.Nd trust me nothing can b more disgusting than this.I think almst all girls travelling in public trnsprt must hv faced smthng similar.I dnt knw how they will handle this in the shw.Keeping in mind its her engagemnt on that day I dnt think they r stretching it that much.But the mere presence of Rohit around her will give her the feeling of protection I feel..I think at such vulnerable situations ur better half has a big role to play..There was a shw called kaisi yeh yaariyan.Somethng similar was shwn there..The way the aftrmath was handled thre is by far the bst I hv seen till date..

Oh I have seen people sharing the links of that particular episode of kyy. I guess I will watch that tonight. I know she is getting engaged on the same day and rohit's presence itself will make her feel protected and probably give her lot of emotional strength but I expect to see some ronakshi deep conversation something motivational instead of brushing it with something like " I'm here with you so don't worry"  I hope that happens tomorrow or else it would feel too rushed and unbelievable. Sometimes it's okay to slow down a bit a concentrate on few issues lately show has been moving forward with jet speed which is fine but some moments need to be slow down to relate and feel the character's emotional state. So looking forward to tomorrow's episode hope makers won't disappoint 

GirlWithWings thumbnail

Originally posted by: armaanasya

I was thinking of the same thing. Such incidents are scarring. You cannot go about things for few days, forget few hours.

I really wish Rohit and family offers to have the engagement some other day and leave it to her choice to agree to go ahead with the engagement. No one wants to have their most special moment while being traumatised.

Seeing the segments i was actually surprised with how Sonakshi was all normal, becaue usually no one is, atleast not so soon.

Ya but I hope they have a surprise element stored for us for the main episode. Like today's incident was unexpected for me so I hope tomorrow they show how she will handle her emotions and something that we all will believe that gave her strength  to go forward with the engagement

roshni_az thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: GirlWithWings

Oh I have seen people sharing the links of that particular episode of kyy. I guess I will watch that tonight. I know she is getting engaged on the same day and rohit's presence itself will make her feel protected and probably give her lot of emotional strength but I expect to see some ronakshi deep conversation something motivational instead of brushing it with something like " I'm here with you so don't worry"  I hope that happens tomorrow or else it would feel too rushed and unbelievable. Sometimes it's okay to slow down a bit a concentrate on few issues lately show has been moving forward with jet speed which is fine but some moments need to be slow down to relate and feel the character's emotional state. So looking forward to tomorrow's episode hope makers won't disappoint 

thats not a single episode.It wnt on for some days.You definitely shud try.Being teenagers college students still the way this aftrmath was handled thre is commendable..Evn I hope that they shw smthng really deep bcz taking this thing is nt so esy.It affects mentally nd thats really painful..I can expect something mature frm this shw as well  evn if its nt stretched .

Edited by roshni_az - 4 years ago
Legilimens thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

She should have trauma, I hope they introduce the topic of therapy somehow. These instances scar you for life, and it doesn't even have to be violent, a simple touch can make you freeze up. I hated seeing today's episode because it was so well executed :(  Even Rohit saying I will be there for you is not enough, I hope she goes to therapy. 

GirlWithWings thumbnail

Originally posted by: Legilimens

She should have trauma, I hope they introduce the topic of therapy somehow. These instances scar you for life, and it doesn't even have to be violent, a simple touch can make you freeze up. I hated seeing today's episode because it was so well executed :(  Even Rohit saying I will be there for you is not enough, I hope she goes to therapy. 

I will be there for you is never enough. She maybe fine when he is physically present but what about later when he can't be present while he is at work or other places when she goes to attend events. Especially after watching today's episode they way the executed it so well and realistically I expect the aftermath to be handled properly also. These things shouldn't be rushed and brushed off just as an incident to create drama or show rohit's concern for sona I really hope they show the struggle and the way she gets out of the suffering  through everyone's help and also like you said they could show something like therapy and fights the trauma that was created due to the molestation well. But somewhere I really have low hopes about it especially after watching the segments. I am just praying they won't brush it off with just one or two dialogues and a tight hug. They should really dedicate an episode for this and not directly jump into getting them engaged.

atikna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Legilimens

Therapy needed by Sonakshi .. they can never show that .. it's expecting too much 

She will fine after some moments and they'll have ring ceremony and then done ... 

They are shooting the wedding promo .. I don't think much time will be given to Sonakshi's recovery from such incident .. 

GirlWithWings thumbnail

As expected they didn't address the issue and moved on with a romantic scene. Why does ITV do this.? It felt they gave a well executed molestation episode on to make way for Ronakshi moments that we saw in today's episode. They really need to stop brushing off such sensitive issues. The aftermath I watched today turned out to be a disappointment they should have just avoided the molestation track if they were gonna rush into engagement like this. No I don't mean cancel or postpone but they could have dedicated an episode to show her handling the trauma and receiving emotional support from her loved ones and then continued with engagement but no that was all props for Ronakshi romance.