What Kartik feels for Naira is anything but love...Kaira are over!

gravity23787 thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I've been watching YRKKH since an odd three months now, to be specific, since the umpteenth separation track started. I have felt equal parts happiness, anger, horror, frustration and incredulousness for Kaira and the supposed "love" and unshakeable bond they have between them. I believe every shred of emotion the lead pair have managed to squeeze out of their eyes but also kind of not believe it.

I mean, how can anyone, when the equation between them is more volatile than a hand grenade? Especially Kartik's feelings that are more violent and fickle than tidal waves? He loves Naira, wants to have her around, wants to also do his duty towards Vedika, wants to not let Naira take a breather and speak or explain herself (he is more prone to cutting her out when she tries to speak), wants to assume the worst of her, wants to corner her, intimidate her, shatter her soul and spirit brick by brick and then still act like the indignant, enraged ex-husband (husband? kya bulaun use) in tomorrow's episode? Somehow, that is supposed to wash away his past transgressions - the very flaws that broke the spine of his marriage.

My heart was breaking watching him carry that insolent, cold face when he met Naira at their previous adda. He was impatient, it was almost like, he didn't want to even see Naira, let alone have a civil discussion with her. You could see Naira from a mile away and decipher the mental state she is in...she looks like someone who is clearly struggling with something. And yet, he did not have the patience or the civility to simply ask her why she'd called him there, without using phrases like, "mujhe bahut kaam hai, court bhi jaana hai", or bellowing "BOLO NAIRA, KYUN BULAYA MUJHE?", "bata hi do jo bomb phodne wali thi"...I mean...this is how you talk and you claim you ever loved this woman?

And if that was not enough, after being momentarily caught unawares post Naira's declaration of her decision to hand him over Kairav's custody without further stretching the legal battle, he STILL has the gall to ask her, "Agar apne bacche se itna hi pyaar karti ho, toh use abort kyun karna chahti thi?"

There are so many "isms" here that if I start listing them out, this will turn out to be an epic-long post. Did he forget that he himself had participated in something like this during Naira's first pregnancy, when there arose an apprehension to Naira's life? Even though he had accepted Naira's death and only recently has come to know that she had fled to Goa and was living there alone, I am guessing he'd have the sense to understand how Naira may have birthed and brought Kairav up. It is NOT easy for a woman to opt for abortion. She is the one who's carrying the child and if she even thinks of something like this, then it is a decision only she can take. It is her body and she holds the right to make decisions for the same. I will not even go into the technicalities of what an idiot Damini looks like trying to peddle the "aurat hoke bhi unhone aisa socha" argument in the court, despite being a lawyer and a woman herself.

But Kartik? Hell, I expected better from him.

Today, when he questioned her once again about the abortion, something in me snapped. Like, I couldn't see him the same way anymore. It's like - he wanted to break Naira...every shred of her, crush her, humiliate her...she was his property. Sort of. She was a plaything and he could do anything he wanted to her, with her. But if any third person (be it his lawyer) pointed fingers at her, he wouldn't take that lying down. This only applies to outsiders, definitely not the Goenkas, because it's been two months Manish has been addressing Naira as "woh ladki" and Kartik looks on stone-faced, no protests there. It's been YEARS that dadi has been doing everything possible to drive a wedge between them and he has allowed it. Heck, he even allowed Swarna's delusions break his marriage. He is a Goenka when he's dealing with Naira. Strangely, he slips back into the old Kartik if a third person, an outsider in the actual sense, even came close to hurting Naira.

I can only smell a controlling, cruel, violent, impulsive, insensitive man here. Oh, add in the hypocrisy too. I fail to see where the love is. I can't see it in his eyes, his demeanor.

So tomorrow if he stands up yelling at Damini for saying mean stuff about "uski Naira", well, I ain't buying it. Because then it's going to look forced to me. 

Kartik, what are you? A human ticking bomb? All these months watching Naira walk around eggshells whenever she's around you made me think - the equation between you two is so skewed. She is always, always adjusting to your whims and fancies, and you're always, always demanding more than she can or should give. It's a never-ending cycle, nothing she does it good enough for you. What, then, makes you think you really love her?

I am not advocating for Naira - she needn't have walked out of the court in yesterday's episode. She could do with a little less running away from situations and people. But to ask her about her decision to abort which btw she did not follow, repeated accusations about her worth as a mother and as a human being - without taking into account she spent five whole years alone - and many, many more years feeling lonely despite being surrounded by everybody - this is tragic. How did all the Goenkas and Singhanias come to this?? My sympathies are certainly more on her side.

She need not explain herself to anyone, anymore. Considering her life has been wrecked many a time by her own near and dear ones and she's had to start from scratch -every single time. She's had to wait endlessly, compromise needlessly, forgive undeserving people - and yet, nobody's has had to face as many questions as she now has to. And always has.

Today, when Naira and Naksha were talking, and she said, "past ko change toh nai kiya jaa sakta", I saw a flash of resignation in her eyes. She looked tired. Done fighting, dodging questions, explaining, sacrificing. Numb. It reminded me of Sita - and the portrayal of the epic character in the 2015 version of Ramayan (Siya ke Ram). 

Towards the end, there comes a point when she is done carrying all the burdens, wearing all the blame cast on her despite her innocence. Lord Ram has decided to bring her back, after "consulting" with the citizens of Ayodhya and his family. But of course, Sita, wronged and impossibly tired, refuses to be a part of this charade anymore and willingly lets the earth swallow her up. 

I am not entirely sure, but in today's episode, I saw the same resignation in Naira's eyes. She was done. She wants to be alone now. I'm not sure if she has suicide on her mind or just moving away permanently from this life she now knows and building a new one elsewhere, but she looked least interested in continuing this blame-game and torturing her kid and herself further.

This brings me to my next point - Kairav overhears both BhabhiMaa and Naira-Naksha talking. He definitely knows there's something called "Tuscody" and he has an inkling that his father may be troubling his mother. If Naira does decide to leave Udaipur, handing over Kairav's custody to Kartik, will this be a rehash of Kartik's life? Will Kairav grow up resenting his father and his whole family, just like Kartik had? Will there be a leap?

Personally, I am done with Kaira ...Kartik needs to exorcise his body and mind of demons first. To be loved by any woman on earth. Naira needs calm, peace and stability in her life. Independence, and yes, love too from someone who will value her the way she is and not ask her pesky questions at every opportunity, drilling holes into her self-confidence and dignity, making her feel small. And I want Kartik to rue what he lost. The five years he cried for Naira should look like a trailer when compared to see her fly away, and reinvent herself in every conceivable and inconceivable way possible while being cherished by a man who's better than Kartik in every possible way. I want Goenkas to get ruined and regret their behavior towards  Naira every single day. I want Singhanias to experience some heartburn too, considering they too did not stand by Naira when most needed. Yes BhabhiMaa, your pleas to Krishna Bhagwan are going unanswered because guess what, you're praying much too late for Naira's soul to have some peace! She f***ing needs NONE of you losers in her life.

The icing on the cake - a grown-up Kairav giving hell to all of them. And a lesson to all of them - that when you try to control who/what you love, it slips away from you.

Edited by gravity23787 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jannatsara thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

U wrote so beautifully...

It brings tears in my eyes ....last 3 sentence of Kartik is so rude...after hearing everything he questioned about abortion ...he forgot he also gone through this situation and he forged naira's signature to abort the baby ..and when he said oh bombwala dialogue I just then want a power and the power is blasting him 

Naira is alone...

gravity23787 thumbnail

Thanks Jannat...

Usually, I take their fights and clashes with a pinch of salt, assuming they'll get back to being normal again. But the way Kartik behaved today really made me tear up. What does Naira have in her life now? She is broken, alone, dejected, misunderstood, blamed, tossed aside like an afterthought...and yet, people are always, always demanding from her.

If it's not her patience, it's her forgiveness. If it's not her forgiveness, it's her submissiveness. If it's not her submissiveness, it's her answers to ridiculous, pointless questions. If not her "service", then the only other human being she lived for - her son.

I fail to label this as love. This is not love.

Edited by gravity23787 - 4 years ago
LunaNova thumbnail

Karthik was best lovable most caring husband and lover at start but now he sadly became the worst rudest husband on TV..now I don't want them to get back together..just get Naira a new guy and Let Karthik be with Vedika..

Edited by samira-d - 4 years ago
arooshee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Hey you wrote beautifully... I agree to your every word.... Kaira are over.... Today seeing Naira brought tears to my eyes..... She doesn't deserve to be with this cheap moron man... U are better off with your cheap moron wife vedika.. Mr. Kartik Goenka.... Ur not naira's kartik anymore... This is vedika's Kartik.... Cheap.... Insensitive... Manupulative.. Like her.. 

Kartik' s mad shouting at court doesn't count any more... U are a loser kartik goenka.... Nobody should get a lover like you... It's a punishment for naira for loving a arrogant rude insensitive selfish man like you... 

Cvs.... Please πŸ˜«πŸ™πŸ™πŸ’“.... It's enough... Give Naira a closure from all this... In many people's view in this forum kartik is mahaan.. And naira is the one who should be guilty and punished... She is being punished enough... I guess.. Let naira get a new life away from all these moronic people... 

And yes kairav heard everything today.... Wants a punishment from kairav to kartik and all goenkas... If he ever loved his mother.... He did so much crying for father... Now if he gives it back to that same father for hurting his mother... I will be little happy.. 

Sur89 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: arooshee

Hey you wrote beautifully... I agree to your every word.... Kaira are over.... Today seeing Naira brought tears to my eyes..... She doesn't deserve to be with this cheap moron man... U are better off with your cheap moron wife vedika.. Mr. Kartik Goenka.... Ur not naira's kartik anymore... This is vedika's Kartik.... Cheap.... Insensitive... Manupulative.. Like her.. 

Kartik' s mad shouting at court doesn't count any more... U are a loser kartik goenka.... Nobody should get a lover like you... It's a punishment for naira for loving a arrogant rude insensitive selfish man like you... 

Cvs.... Please πŸ˜«πŸ™πŸ™πŸ’“.... It's enough... Give Naira a closure from all this... In many people's view in this forum kartik is mahaan.. And naira is the one who should be guilty and punished... She is being punished enough... I guess.. Let naira get a new life away from all these moronic people... 

And yes kairav heard everything today.... Wants a punishment from kairav to kartik and all goenkas... If he ever loved his mother.... He did so much crying for father... Now if he gives it back to that same father for hurting his mother... I will be little happy.. 

Yes the same way luv kush gave it to everyone for Sita. I still remember that song from ramayan, it was heartwrenching . I feel Naira is going through the same thing what Sita did. Everyone is like why she went, she dint went , she came back but heard Kartik uttering the same words again, though she didnt hear the whole thing but yes the fact was kartik indeed questioned her. Even if she stayed with shinghania’s she had the fear that Kartik might question the baby also. She was left with no choice and people mourning her death already made it the choice simple for her.

I feel this custody track was introduced only to get kartik and naira divorced somehow. So that Vedika becomes the legal wife of Kartik. I don’t know what in their minds, they have ruined everything. They have ruined Kartik’s character forever . 

Akshaya143 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

But seeing today's episode from now on karthik turn bear the pain... May be no one will agree with me... Makers are showing reality... Kaira suffering because of their mistakes... Yes mohsin said in interview after divorce pain will start... The story is moving like giving reality check to individual character till now they gave naira for her mistakes like without facing situation running away and not thinking of consequences... Now karthik turn it will start from tomorrow once he realise his mistakes but still no Chance of repenting and by seeing kairav from today's episode karthik going to get same treatment once he gave to his father... About others not interested... About kaira love still it is there and mohsin said if kaira milan happen only it's because the love they have for each other not for other things 

itsmeroma thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I feel this is done on purpose by the production house and channel to show abeer and misti as the ideal lovable couple.  I feel all this is done to make abeer and misti win the couple award at star parivaar.  Kaira is winning for too long and the channel and production house needs new couple to rely on.  

rose2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

What goes around comes around or your reap what you sow. Karthik and Naira gave so much tension for their families with their foolishness. Now Kairav will grow up and give them the same headaches. 

I have nothing to say about Karthik except I don't want Naira going back to him. (if she has a drop left of self-respect) Naira is not fooling anyone but herself. (even Kairav can see in plain sight that something is wrong. Cupcakes don't solve the problem) 

The main leads have been butchered and there is no turning back. They both need to move on their own separate ways and it is long overdue. Good things don't last forever and we are seeing the downhill of this show. It's time to end this on a positive note and allow the actors to grow by taking on roles in new shows. 

Gems.musingsRN thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Awesome post..WELL SAIDπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘.

This show and the jodi is honestly ruined beyond repair..the cult classic show tainted by kekta tropes like bigamy.

And the lead couple,especially kartik has so many issues..which need to be addressed and not brushed under the carpet like how the makers are doing.

And very glad to see the viewers and trp audience not buying the lollipops and rejecting the content makers are putting out..the falling trps are the biggest proof.The day is not far away when yrkkh trp will drop below 2.0.