Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2

Why is KZK2 even a show?

music_l0ver036 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

I'm genuinely confused as to why KZK2 even came to be. There are some great actors signed to the show, it's true, but what else is there? Do we have consistency in characters? Are the dialogues clever and impactful? Is the plot interesting and does it grab the viewer's attention? Do we see any character growth/development? Are the villains smart and intelligent instead of the average "I'm evil and I wanna kill people who get in the way of my happiness". 

In order for a story, script, writing to work, we need to relate to it. No matter how wacky or supernatural the plot is, there needs to be a relatable factor attached to it. I think, above all, we want to watch something and find ourselves in it, even if it's for a short while. This is my opinion and it's okay if you disagree but as humans we want people to validate our feelings. We want someone to say I understand why you did what you did. For me, when I watch shows, to a certain extent I'm looking for that validation. When I first watched the show, I loved Prerna. Her personality, her emotional intelligence, the way she loved life, the larger than life vibe, all of it was great to witness. It was easy for me to relate to her because she's literally my age, didn't take herself too seriously, and had fun with her friends. Anurag was portrayed as someone who needed logic in his life, he needed answers to life's questions, he had a way he viewed life. Although it was perceived as contrast to Prerna, his actions could easily be understood. He saw Prerna as a friend who needed help. He tried to find out why she was doing what she was doing and supported her. 

These two characters were what we were introduced to.. I didn't realize that Prerna being emotional would turn out to be her biggest weakness instead of an asset. I didn't realize Prerna would start getting married to every guy that told her would save her family. I didn't realize Anurag trying to find the truth would result in his literally stalking Prerna and being pretty creepy where he would caress a sleeping Prerna and kiss her WITHOUT HER CONSENT. When I read about that, I thought it couldn't be but WOW, it really happened. Even Anurag was marrying without thinking the consequences of it. Anurag and Prerna have no depth to them. They are not the man and woman of today's generation. Their decisions are hard to digest and frankly, are incredibly stupid. 

As I write this, I think, this could potentially be my last couple weeks of watching this show. It had sooooo much potential. I was honestly invested in Anurag and Prerna, I was invested in their love, and it all turned out to be super disappointing. Whoever is writing this bullshit needs to get fired like yesterday. What kind of messages are you sending by having Anurag and Prerna go through Kasauti's that are illogical and baseless? Why bring pregnancy in the midst of all of this mess? When will there be a scene between Anurag and Prerna where they sit down and discuss and process everything that they've been through. Why are you saying that being in a relationship means being self-sacrificial, marrying random people because they were spewing baseless threats is a sensible action, that a woman will 100% get pregnant if she has sex out of wed-lock, that a father shouldn't know he has a child coming into the world? Who is getting paid to write this script? I will do it for half of what they're getting because I could write better with my eyes closed. 

Rant over, procrastination still persists. Thank you for coming to my ted talk. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vena.cava. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

I honestly can't imagine that anyone who's been involved in this show in any shape way or form for the past two months has enjoyed it ðŸ˜† It's such a mess and such a waste of talented actors. 

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Relatable factor is lost when in Episode 1 or 2, the biggest pandal/temple of Kolkata Durga Puja gets fire. It was an epic nonsense back then, and it only deteriorated with time. 

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Agree with every word of it. ðŸ¤—you said it all..

TakingAStand2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

100% agreed! Why DOES this show exist? We know the show is a REBOOT....not an adaptation or a reinterpretation, so already you know there is nothing new to offer. The arcs of chapters will be same, but the content should be new and fresh to keep viewers engaged, but here NOTHING MAKES SENSE. The women be it Prerna, Komo, the mothers lack so much self awareness and exist as an extension of their husbands or their social statuses. Not one of them is accomplished, intelligent or posses a trait worth admiring. The less said about the male characters the better.

No redeemable, likeable characters, no plot line devised to keep the audience engaged in their journeys, WHAT pray tell does this show hope to accomplish? I have said this before, in a romance show, if the female lead is unlikeable and or your can’t sympathize with her, it’s hard to root for her or her journey.... what about Prerna or any of the characters choices make sense? 

Phew! What a MAJOR let down from creatives and Ekta. I think any of the 8th grade school productions with 0$ budgets have more thought into them than this joke of a show. 

music_l0ver036 thumbnail

Originally posted by: vena.cava.

I honestly can't imagine that anyone who's been involved in this show in any shape way or form for the past two months has enjoyed it ðŸ˜† It's such a mess and such a waste of talented actors. 

honestly tho, it's one cringey dialogue after another. That's why i watch 2 episodes a wekk and read the rest loll 

music_l0ver036 thumbnail

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Relatable factor is lost when in Episode 1 or 2, the biggest pandal/temple of Kolkata Durga Puja gets fire. It was an epic nonsense back then, and it only deteriorated with time. 

i mean it held the fun interesting vibe for a while. I didn't mean relatable in terms of every single thing shown but more about the main characters. The whole divine intervention bs makes me wanna stab myself in the eye 

music_l0ver036 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TakingAStand2

100% agreed! Why DOES this show exist? We know the show is a REBOOT....not an adaptation or a reinterpretation, so already you know there is nothing new to offer. The arcs of chapters will be same, but the content should be new and fresh to keep viewers engaged, but here NOTHING MAKES SENSE. The women be it Prerna, Komo, the mothers lack so much self awareness and exist as an extension of their husbands or their social statuses. Not one of them is accomplished, intelligent or posses a trait worth admiring. The less said about the male characters the better.

No redeemable, likeable characters, no plot line devised to keep the audience engaged in their journeys, WHAT pray tell does this show hope to accomplish? I have said this before, in a romance show, if the female lead is unlikeable and or your can’t sympathize with her, it’s hard to root for her or her journey.... what about Prerna or any of the characters choices make sense? 

Phew! What a MAJOR let down from creatives and Ekta. I think any of the 8th grade school productions with 0$ budgets have more thought into them than this joke of a show. 

What an incredibly concise way to put the characterization of all the women in the show. The writing is so disconnected from real life it's actually comical at this point. There's no creativity, the same dialogues are regurgitated with slight revision, and there's no emotion attached to what the characters say. I feel bad for Anurag and Prerna one second and they do something utterly stupid and I'm like why do i even watch this show?    

-Doppelganger- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I understand and I totally agree with you. I still can't believe that they ended the track like this without any proper explanation. With the kind of writers they have, this show won't last long. Next track too will flop. If not for this forum and the  AnuPre AT, I would have said bye-bye to the show long  back.

TeenRose1 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Bajaj didn't threaten her..he saved Anurag..and now reuniting them as well. Thankless ppl of the forum..rejoice