Patiala Babes

Heroes don't cry

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Or do they? 😆

What a lovely scene between HS-Mini today.....sigh....so much to unpack.

They've both struggled since so many days to figure out how to approach each other....my heart just went out to HS as he tentatively made the effort.....the hesitation with which he shook her hand and wished her happy birthday.....and then the way he just unraveled when she said that it's fine if he didn't get to wish her....."It's not phine....phine kahan hai chhori yeh?"......Fab acting from Aniruddh here👏

He may have approached her formally but he couldn't keep the facade going for long and ultimately broke down enough to show some of his vulnerability in front of her....The burden of "failure" weighs so heavy on HS......the way he said again ki "main fail ho gaya".....he's broken under the weight of expectations from Babita, from others around him.....and boy did it show in his body language today. 

And Mini dropped a bit of her stoic facade as well as she saw him breaking down.....in that moment I was struck by how much we all hesitate to reveal our vulnerabilities but the moment we do, love surges to the fore....a sense of protectiveness surges to the fore.....Mini feels weary and hurt herself but his hurt made her step up to console him.....and that's when the real talk began....lol

They finally spoke of all the things that have been building up since the wedding....the burden of expectations being imposed on HS, on his relationship with Mini....and how much he's been struggling with trying to find his way forward but feeling like an utter failure. I myself said so many times that HS needs to step up.....today, he stepped up by finding the courage to be vulnerable in front of his Veer Balika....not an easy thing for a man who has so much pride otherwise to make himself vulnerable....once he didn't have to think twice before making himself vulnerable in front of her.....today he finally hesitatingly started to find his way back to that point....and the doors that had been shut opened up a crack again. 

I genuinely loved how the scene was built up....from the initial hesitation to the candor slowly building up....bit by bit as HS expressed his regret and his pain, Mini reached out to assure him.....and they talked of everything honestly....including the grey area of relationships that aren't yet defined by a label but are feeling the pressure to be defined.....to me, it honestly didn't matter who explained this as long as they atleast expressed this to each other.....it gave some food for thought to HS because otherwise he was swimming in his own head with the hurt of perceived failure. 

The best part of the scene was the very end when Mini fully came into form and told him to not pay attention to whatever Babita says😆....."Humaare beech ka maamla hai.....baaki sab ko kuch prove karne ki zaroorat nahin....strictly between you and me, bas".....LOVED THIS👏.....He needed to hear this.....He needed atleast that baseline to be clearly established again that what's between him and Mini is for them to navigate, them to sort out....them to define....not for others to push definitions on them. 

And the other touching part....when Mini tells him he's still her guide, her friend....and he asks, "Aur hero?" Aww....your heart goes out to him there....he so badly wants to be her hero.....Mini reached out to reassure him that he is her hero ofcourse still....loved the way she wiped his tears there.....yes she told him he's her hero cuz he married her Babes....lol I don't think that's exactly the answer he wanted to hear.....I think he wants to be her hero inspite of Babita....he was Mini ka hero before he became Babita ka kuch bhi.....so I would like to see this angle being raised at some point. 

I also liked that despite Mini trying to put on a brave front, HS was perceptive enough to ask her if she would be happy continuing like this....simply as friends and nothing more....and she repeated her "I'll deal with it, I'll survive" funda.....lol I would like for HS one day to be like survive nahin karna hai, khush rehna hai bacche.....chalo she gave him an opening today....there is scope for him to take the reins at some point now and help her realize that she needs to think beyond surviving. 

HS was so broken that this wasn't the time for Mini to add on to his burdens by telling him that she too had expected him to be her father.....he needed assurance first and she gave it to him....humari Veer Balika.....still trying so hard to be brave....but she too will crumble under pressure some day.....tab I think HS will step up.....today he was in a weaker state and she bolstered him. 

Ofcourse I'm trying to keep my expectations in check.....lol but I liked that today felt like an opening for the HS-Mini bond after many days of spinning their wheels without movement. 

The path forward seems to be them teaming up to put on a happy front for Babita.....lol I'll take it for now......maybe while keeping up the facade, they will find their organic rhythm again somehow as well and be able to define their bond on their terms :) 

"Aap mere imperfect Hanuman Uncle, main aapki imperfect Veer Balika".

Edited by AreYaar - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Roopb thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Loved your analysis...☺️

AreYaar thumbnail

"It's not Phine"....I can't get over how touchingly  Aniruddh performed this bit....ekdum dil ko chhu gaya👏

"Phail ho gaya yaar main"

Edited by AreYaar - 4 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

And these shots were just 

Kaise nahin lagenge baap beti jab aise visuals honge....beautiful direction👏

AreYaar thumbnail

This is the sum of where they stand right now.....everything condensed into this one moment.....the pain in his eyes as he asked if he's still her hero and the way Mini's face falls....he closes his eyes in pain....and seeing him in so much pain, she instinctively reaches out to comfort him and assure him.....wiping away his tears, telling him ofcourse he's her hero....it didn't need to be true or false in that moment....all that mattered was that she take away his pain....this is how Mini always has been....she's done it for Babita all her life.....it's no surprise she's doing it for HS too seeing him in so much pain.

His grumpy face here cracked me up so much....haha

His expression in response to Mini saying he's her hero cuz he married her Babes....lol this said a lot

AreYaar thumbnail

Last time I gushed so much over them was the GP scene and all the amazing hugs.....today we didn't get a single hug.....there was an awkward birthday wish with a handshake....and yet somehow one could still PALPABLY feel the love and affection between them simply through the way they were looking at each other.....through the few hesitatingly affectionate gestures like this one as he pulls her nose and with a gleam of pride in his eyes talks about how mature she's gotten :)

These two are a GOLDMINE for this show.....thank you, writers for giving them a long, meaningful scene after so many days! They aced it as always.

I don't want to get too hopeful but scenes like this make me think the writers do see their potential and want to give them a meaningful arc *fingers crossed*.

AreYaar thumbnail

Who says they aren't like father-daughter.....zara mud ke toh dekho Babita ji, carbon copy pose mein khade hain dono with their hands behind their back😆

Mini raised the point about biological connection today again and how some facts can't be changed about who her biological father is.....hope to see that being worked through as well.....cuz even without a biological connection, she is HS ki carbon copy😆

MG_Inactive thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I haven't manged to see the episode yet😒 and I will get back to this post only after I have 😊

p.s. this time hume inpe nazar nahii lagani 😳..so kaala teeka needed...this show really feels incomplete without these two together 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meghna_IshRa

I haven't manged to see the episode yet😒 and I will get back to this post only after I have 😊

p.s. this time hume inpe nazar nahii lagani 😳..so kaala teeka needed...this show really feels incomplete without these two together 

*Nazar utaaroes* x1000 .....*applying a million kaala teekas* 

I'm gonna savor what we got for now😆

Hope you get to watch the epi soon :) 

AreYaar thumbnail

Waise despite all the distances and the acknowledgement of awkwardness, there was still a natural flow to the way she'd reach out and lay her hand on his arm or hold his hands.....in fact, there was more of a sense of partners between them :) 

Aur kuch nahin toh I'm glad to see mere teamed up HS-Mini back *touchwood*.....the kind of support she is to him is on its own level.....and it steadied him today.