One Last Time - Sequel TS [PreRish] [ Gone to Never Come Back ]

Posted: 4 years ago

This is a sequel TS to my earlier one shot - Gone to Never Come Back - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5117457

| One Last Time |

I know, you do not wish to interact with me, Mr. Bajaj but I would really like one last chance, one last time.

The moment his eyes scanned her e-mail, he shut his laptop screen, dismissed the meeting that he was having and announced to be left alone for a while stating that the meeting would be continued the next day.

He leaned back in his chair, vigorously rubbing his forehead. How did she get hold of his personal e-mail address? His thought process abruptly broke with Cookie rushing in his cabin followed by Mr. Mehra. His arms automatically circled around her as she ran to him. He stroked her hair, fondly cuddling her before he shot a glance at Mehra and Mehra answered the unspoken question.

"She has been crying, looking at Ma'am photo, continuously. I did not know what to do so I brought her here."

Rishabh gave a small nod and Mr. Mehra walked out, understanding the unsaid, like he always did.

He got her to look at him, and something sharply twisted in his heart as a fresh stream of tears escaped his daughter's eyes. He had done everything in his power to protect his kid - went out of the way, made a pregnant woman marry him and separated her from her soulmate as she had said to him once and yet, yet his daughter was in tears and that made him realize that he had failed. Despite having done everything that he did, he had failed.

He did not dare to ask his daughter what it was that had left her shaken. What was hidden from him? Nothing. He stepped down, picked her up and put on his chair and he himself, knelt down in front of her. His one hand held her little ones and another reached to her cheek. "Ice-cream?"

She shook her head furiously.

His daughter wasn't just upset but also, angry. His head bent down as the rush of helplessness made him feel weaker than he had felt ever in his life. There was nothing that he could do to make his daughter smile. The woman that had lately become the reason for his daughter's smile was not going to be there to make her smile again.

It had been two days since he left Kolkata and came to Vancouver. He had been planning this trip from the past twenty days ever since he was informed about a meeting there. He had thought that it would be a good trip with Prerna and Cookie alongside his business deal but things had brutally fallen apart and he felt that he had absolutely no reason to bother his wi - his ex-wife where he was going, now that she wasn't a part of it anymore.

His trance broke with Cookie pushing her hand on the table to grab his phone and after a couple of moments, she turned it to him. His heart stopped momentarily as his eyes gazed at their happy picture. Cookie, Prerna and him. A smile threatened to crept over his lips but his hurt was too raw to do that.

<>

"How could you do this, Mr. Bajaj?"

A question that he had not expected her to ask. A question that was not just a question but an accusation. He thought, he had gained her trust. He thought, he had been successful in assuring her that he wouldn't be going after Basu. He thought, she had begun to understand him. Oh, what a fool he had been to think all of that! What a fool!

He should have known - no matter what, no matter what - it was always going to be Basu over him. Basu over him - always - irrespective of anything and everything.

Basu coming over their place, months later to the accident incident, putting yet another accusation on him of trying to destroy his company, kidnapping Tapur to blackmail Anurag to get out of Prerna's life hadn't bothered him a bit. Not even a fraction of a percent of a bit because he had trust in this woman named Prerna to know that all of it was bullshit. He had thought that he wouldn't even need to speak. She would do that on his behalf but all that she needed was a voice recording  that had his voice, validating everything Basu had said - to believe Basu and question him and that was the moment, he realized that no matter what - she would always choose Basu over him and perhaps, he would take a lifetime to accept that it shattered him. It absolutely, undoubtely did.

That night, he proved his innocence once again. That night, she did not come to him. A part of him had thought that she would but she didn't. That night, he packed his stuff, packed Cookie's stuff, and left early in the  morning after putting the divorce papers in her cupboard.

<>

A squeeze on his hands pulled him out of the memories that still made his heart ache. He could only embrace his daughter in that moment. Cradling her closer, he held his weeping daughter.

<>

He lightly caressed Cookie's hair, once she was asleep. He had returned home with Cookie as the little one refused to leave him. 

His phone buzzed and he quickly stepped down the bed to avoid the disturbance to his daughter's sleep.

One last time. Please, Mr. Bajaj.

Her e-mail, again. What was left to talk about? Shouldn't she be relieved and content that he had set her free, to live freely with her soulmate? His gaze travelled to his sleeping daughter and then at her e-mail. 

<><><>

I'll hopefully update the last part by tomorrow evening. 

Edited by IAdoreYou - 4 years ago

Thank you for this story ❤️

Please update the last part, I'm hopeful that at least in your story Prerish will happen... I'm very disappointed of the show, the way they made the exit of Mr Bajaj by making him look so bad then making him to unite Anurag and Prerna...

ahead plzzzzzzzzz👏👏🙌💓❤

Originally posted by IAdoreYou

Reserved for next part. 

i know you are not well but i want to read this 🥺

Even the second part of Ask 🥺

This made me sad, very sad. He wanted to visit this place with his family, but he came only with his daughter, who is crying for her mother. I can't blame him for taking this decision. But it is affecting his daughter so much, and I feel for his helplessness. He did everything he can to give a fair chance to this marriage but she still chooses someone who is against him and is accusing him. Now that she wants to meet them for the one last chance, let's see how this goes. 

Lovely update. Please continue soon.

Uffffffffffffffff 😨😨😨😰😰😰❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ This is so beautiful 😍 please update next part please 😭😭😭

It is really intriguing. What Prerna wants to talk about one last time? Please update soon