Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Indians in America are ‘backward': Sunny Leone

Fluffyalexis thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Throughout her career in the adult industry, Leone dabbled in mainstream television, and eventually dropped p*** for good in 2011. Moving to India to pursue a career in Bollywood, she said she “knew nothing about young India,” and expected a less than warm reception.

What she found shocked her. “The Indians in America are completely different than the Indians here, they live in a bubble there, they have tied themselves to backward India, while India has moved forward but they are still somewhere back so many years,” she told Indiatimes.

"Because they are in such a foreign land, they are trying to hold on [to] the ideologies or cultural values, their religion, they are trying to hold on whatever they can, so they don’t lose it,” she continued. “I had gone through so many hate mails, so much negativity from the Indian community there at a very young age.”

Leone’s experience of the Indian community in America is not an unusual one. Oftentimes, immigrant communities cling to what they consider the traditional values of their homelands, even as these homelands modernise and move on. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pyaricetamol thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

If acting in po*n is " forward" then may be 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: KootyPai

If acting in po*n is " forward" then may be 

pehle padh bhi leti usne kiya bola.

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

This content was originally posted by: Fluffyalexis

Throughout her career in the adult industry, Leone dabbled in mainstream television, and eventually dropped p*** for good in 2011. Moving to India to pursue a career in Bollywood, she said she “knew nothing about young India,” and expected a less than warm reception.

What she found shocked her. “The Indians in America are completely different than the Indians here, they live in a bubble there, they have tied themselves to backward India, while India has moved forward but they are still somewhere back so many years,” she told Indiatimes.

"Because they are in such a foreign land, they are trying to hold on [to] the ideologies or cultural values, their religion, they are trying to hold on whatever they can, so they don’t lose it,” she continued. “I had gone through so many hate mails, so much negativity from the Indian community there at a very young age.”

Leone’s experience of the Indian community in America is not an unusual one. Oftentimes, immigrant communities cling to what they consider the traditional values of their homelands, even as these homelands modernise and move on. 

@ red...if holding on to ur culture, ur ideologies and ur religion is being backward...toh hum backward he theek hain😎

Edited by blue-ice.1 - 4 years ago
Pyaricetamol thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I read everything. I didn't understand the context tho? Holding on to your culture and religion is backward?

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Holding on to your culture, religion and traditions so that our kids know something about our roots is backward....so be it.

No regrets being "backward" in that case.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: KootyPai

I read everything. I didn't understand the context tho? Holding on to your culture and religion is backward?

she said they don't move on, in India we make progress with our culture and values, while those go to foreign land, still cling on the older ones, and act all patriotic and sentimental trying to preserve the so called Indianness.

Probably got bullied and lectured by Indian aunties in America lol.

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

This content was originally posted by: RegressiveThug

she said they don't move on, in India we make progress with our culture and values, while those go to foreign land, still cling on the older ones, and act all patriotic and sentimental trying to preserve the so called Indianness.

Probably got bullied and lectured by Indian aunties in America lol.

jee nahi...Indian parents make a conscious effort to keep our culture and traditions alive...nothing that I see lolworthy here.....Sunny Leone turned out to be an airhead.

and what is so called Indianness??

Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Indians in India are also backward. 

(Yes, with exceptions, obviously, before people come grabbing for my neck. Lol) 

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4
swach dharti n swach Bharat abhiyan lol