Janhvi Kapoor cooks Biryani for Shahid Kapoor and Ishaan Khatter - Page 5

Posted: 4 years ago

I think they are really dating so many hints

Originally posted by Khai_R_Haagi

It's not an identity, it's an option created by restaurants for those who do not eat non vegetarian food which then became popular in the subcontinent. It's a choice not an identity. The identity of Biryani has always been rice+gosht, the reason why it was known to be a rich man's food since not all could afford meat. 'Veg Biryani' is popular in India because a sizeable number of people are vegetrians here but that doesn't mean it is Biryani.

The veg biryani in most restaurants are prepared the same way pulao is prepared. Layering is not enough, the main essence of Biryani is dum pukht which has been passed on for ages as a technique to cook meat and keep it tender. Vegetables don't need dum, they anyways get boiled easily so the whole technique of using dum is absent during the preparation of the veg biryani most restaurants serve here in India.

Veg biryani is a relatively new concept created mostly by restaurants to pull in the vegetrian crowd just like all these new concepts like 'vegan cheese' for nutritional yeast, 'vegan chicken' and all of that shitty jazz.

Go to Lucknow or Hyderabad or Ambur or Kolkata or have Thalessary Biryani or Memoni biryani or Bhatkali or Bhopali or Kachi Biryani or Kampuri Biryani, no matter where you go in India, all these styles of Biryani are served with mainly mutton or chicken and in memoni style prawns or fish. The root of Biryani is meat. It's there in cookery books and other recipe books since time immemorial. We got Biryani from the Persians and Mughals. They were only meat eaters. And in every pocket where Biryani is famous like I mentioned above, these biryanis are cooked and recipes are practiced mainly by the Muslim community who are meat eaters. So culturally and historically there is only ONE identity to Biryani. Which is rice+meat.

Vegeterians can go gaga over veg biryani or whatever they want to but that's not the original dish. That's not the real thing. THAT'S NOT BIRYANI!

So vegeterians should stop taking away cultural identity of non vegetrian food and go all ' yuck you eat non veg meat blah blah' when they themselves had to come up with a non existent concept called 'VEG BIRYANI' to satiate their cravings for a dish which is originally a non vegetrian one! Khao na ghaas phus humein kya hai, but stop calling that 'biryani' jab wahaan gosht ka naamo nishaan bhi nahin hai.

P.S- I take my biryani very seriously.

P.P.S- Laanat hai ki beti yeh sab paka rahi hai...

You are so knowledgeable, you could even beat Gautam Buddha for sure!๐Ÿ˜† 

Originally posted by KhushbooLvNK

I cooked delicious veg biriyani with raita 2days back ๐Ÿ˜†

I feel like cooking VEG Biryani now ... cooking Veg Biryani is fun and so is eating Veg Biryani .... also like to have some onions and pickle on the side with Veg Biryani  ... and it's double whammy the Veg Biryani! ... Also did I mention how yummy the VEG biryani is! ... ๐Ÿ˜› ... ๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by Ennuyi

I said veg biryani is yuck (my pov), I might say jalebi is yuck too would u again jump on me lol .. Stop reading too much into posts.. Will make u do  less.. 

Oh bhai in ur original post which I quoted u said who eat veg biryani ..yuck !backtracking now for ur convenience ? Read before what u post ..if u say who eat jalebi itโ€™s yuck then people who eat jalebi will answer as well..

Food is ever evolving..

Tabhi to food food jaisi channels aur itne saare chefs ka ghar chalta hai..

Originally posted by niyati13

Food is ever evolving..

Tabhi to food food jaisi channels aur itne saare chefs ka ghar chalta hai..

True. Korma means mutton fry to the Arabs, aur yahan pe hum kuch aur hi tarike se kis kis cheez ke Korma nahi bana rahe. Kafta is minced meat... aur kis kis cheez ke kofte ban rahe hai... Arabian Mandi is not cooked like subcontinental Mandis. 

Originally posted by Pain-in-ur-Neck

I feel like cooking VEG Biryani now ... cooking Veg Biryani is fun and so is eating Veg Biryani .... also like to have some onions and pickle on the side with Veg Biryani  ... and it's double whammy the Veg Biryani! ... Also did I mention how yummy the VEG biryani is! ... ๐Ÿ˜› ... ๐Ÿ˜†

Aren't you Bangladeshi? I'm assuming that you have eaten the original mutton biryani, so I am really surprised you would like pulao/veg biryani(?)

Did you turn into vegetarian/eggitarian?

Originally posted by KhaanaBaDosh

Aren't you Bangladeshi? I'm assuming that you have eaten the original mutton biryani, so I am really surprised you would like pulao/veg biryani(?)

Did you turn into vegetarian/eggitarian?

yeh vhi peek a boo aur pain in ur neck mai confuse hogayi lol.

Originally posted by fivestars

Oh bhai in ur original post which I quoted u said who eat veg biryani ..yuck !backtracking now for ur convenience ? Read before what u post ..if u say who eat jalebi itโ€™s yuck then people who eat jalebi will answer as well..

Oh behen, ye Bollywood Chat forum hai. I'll post whatever I feel like.. I find veg biryani yuck, that's my opinion.. I won't change it.. U can keep whining.. End of discussion. 

Exactly !

This is Bollywood chat forum not ur personal forum..people will quote u what ever u write.be prepared for that ..end of discussion !