Being duty bound

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM ~My Musings ~12.10.19  Being dutybound

Saltanat Zaroon Ghazi Shah through this episode comes across to me, more and more like the woman who carries on the legacy and spirit of her forefathers. What a joy it is to see her bring communities together in times of need, despite fierce family opposition, just like following the footsteps of Mainjaan. She grew up watching all members of the communities  around them, regardless of differentiated faiths, bringing their problem before the iconic Mainjaan.Duty bound according to his faith, Saltanat often took note of his support for the  general masses.

In the present situation of Sharma’s facing a home emergency, Saltanat not once saw the difference of faith issue. That which Indu and her family felt right away, when they declined even to drink the water Rubina offered them. All Saltanat realizedis that according to her own faith she was obligated and expected to come to the assistance of the needy Sharma’s. Especially when they gave her refuge when she was destitute.

When people want to make a difference by doing service to humanity. One can be sure they will face obstacles. In the episode, we see Dadi. Humza and Rubina pose opposition primarily  at the idea of Saltanat offering shelter to the Sharma’s shelter. Dadi and Humza are typical old school thought worriers who are anxious about what the world would probably say about the Shah’s housing a Hindu family at Shah Manzil. Dadi and Humza alongside bring in the possible repercussions it would have on Saltanat’s marriage when Zaroon finds out about his wife’s overly attraction towards this  Madhav and his boy. I would say those who think this way, are like termite that causes dry rot in the very fabric of society made up of peoples from all walks of life. Saltanat could have recalled how she was excluded from worship  in  Madhav’s home on the basis of being a Muslim. But Saltanat I think preferred to keep in mind how Madhav had challenged his mothers biased thinking and expressed respect for others faiths. Again before stepping in Shah Manzil holding lord Krishna’s idol Indu half expected the Shah to object to bringing  their reverent symbols into Shah Manzil , but the Shah’s maintained respect..  

A few strong humans are always needed, who are strong enough to do the right thing that will make a difference. Saltanat wanted to serve, rather than her Shah name be served by the community. Nadeem comes to her support and gives a firm reminder to his family. That for startersMainjaan ‘s teaching were always based on respecting all faiths. Next he agrees with Saltanat that both as a follower of her faith and as a human being, she is honour bound to repay the Sharma’s for the graciousness they showed her in times of need. Nadeem as always sides with Saltanat, which for the time being seals vicious mouths, of some Shah’s.

Humza comes across as the over- protective brother. Nothing rare, given the cultural set up.Traditional family name and respectability and honour matters to him. I was surprised to hear him tell her not to befriend strangers, one never knows how many skeletons might be in their closet.. and wasn’t he right.

Strangely enough a woman roams around the vacated Sharma house. special effects like lights blink, curtains blow, gusts blow Sharma  group photo crashed to the floor! the woman  pulls out the family photo out of the shards of glass and picks on Krish’s face, feels it between her pincer grip. Could thisperson, spirit? be Krish’s mother. Strange enough Krish playing an electronic game was suddenly struck by his chronic itch! The medication was forgotten athome in a hurry.. it’s Saltanat who goes to Sharma house to collect it as  Madhav is unreachable. Again for Krish’s health Saltanat possibly puts her life in danger as  Sharma house already has an unseen but sensedinhabitant….

Madhav at the police station, was another plan of  Madhav and Saltanat that Madhav decides he would put into action, rather than Saltanat going to the station disguised as a bloke. Well Madhav knew to kick up enough trouble to get himself booked in so he could meet Zaroon . Only when he goes in the police officer had already set up inmates to teach  Madhav a lesson,instead  Madhav beats the living daylights out of them and worst still bangs the officer in charge  guilty of grossly harming a detainee andescapes!   

Neelam as opposed to action man Madhav..

Humza and Dadi may tells her things till the cows come home! However, Neelam does her own thing and is clearly tickled pink by the strong, silent sort Madhav. Neelam has always been giddy over young studs. I recall her harmless flirting with Zaroon too, when she first saw him at the airport. Neelam under Saltanat’s wing has always had the chances to live and have harmless fun as a young girl. I would not hold this against her. That she would get married eventually after basic education. Marriage I suspect has always been on the cards for Neelam. Regards Zaroon he was dishy, only her bestie cousin Saltanat got involved with Zaroon.. or rather  Zaroon fell for Saltu. 

Then there was that other bloke? But he to disappeared. Now Madhav appears on the horizon and he is clearly enough to make her swoon.Neelam tries to be in the Sharma’s face to catch Madhav’s attention! Only Madhav‘s thoughts only revolve around Saltanat. it’s the rubbish spoken by her family that gives Madhav sleepless nights at Shah Manzil..

The split second scene where he opens the window for some fresh air to clear his head..  he catches Saltanat swinging on her own, on the garden swing. His soul nearly calls out to her.. but it's how he disciplines himself by reminding himself.. stay away from her she is some one else’s keep sake…  made me  see another form of love which is from far.. an unspoken love that protects,  holds on to something precious that belongs to someone else. Only in his custody till the person returns and claims his prized possession. Such is Madhav Sharma’s love towards Saltanat.

I thought Madhav could have come down to talk to her, support her, that he’ll do what ever can to get her husband out…but then again  Madhav would never speak to her at such an ungodly hour!  As it would get tongues wagging and it’s the last thing Madhav wants.. negative publicity for a strong positive girl.13.10.19 Hamlet53

Thank you Irshita and Esha, for reading my long ,lengthy, texts, love hammie  

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Can I slap Sultanat??????

God... She has made me so mad with her Madhav jaap. She has zero interest in her own family and a peripheral interest in Zaroon. Why does she have to jump into Madhav's lap to get Zaroon out? Has she tried asking her father or Humza??? Her world seems to revolve around Madahv and his family.

There is constant reference to how they helped her.  Really??? What did I miss??? Indu and Sneha always mistreated her. Jugal tried to rape her. Madhav KIDNAPPED her. He did not find her unconscious in the street or save her in some random accident. These were the people who locked her in the house when they went out. They planned to slaughter her for their revenge. They prevented her from meeting her family. AND now she is behaving like she owes them some great debt for "saving" her.

This is worse than any stockholm syndrome I could have imagined. I guess even bhoot-pret can be more logical to this Sultanat's dedication, no obsession, with Madhav and his family. Even though I want Madhav-Sultanat, a little bit, very teeny-weeny bit, of logic will be nice. Forget logic, please stop glorifying a cold-blooded kidnapping act.

Only good news seems to be that Zaroon is coming back. Hopefully, this sultanat-Madhav dost-dedication-club will shake up a bit with his evil eye. I was getting scared that next week Zaroon will send divorce papers via speed post and Saltanat-Madhav will rush to get married to save the family izzat (or get Krish's custody to save him from his evil mumma). Kahani khatam!!  

eshasrk thumbnail

@Irshita: dont worry dear.....all this Madhav jaap will get over very soon, coz Zaroon is back and Sultanat is back again with Zaroon. Said before tht the moment Zaroon is out of jail, SaRoon will reunite and move on with their lives where they left off. No evil eye, no jealousy nothing will happen. And the way they make Krish get used to be with SaRoon seems very foretelling. As if something might happen to Madhav or they are planning in turning him negative . Looks more to me that more than Madhav, SaRoon are going to fight bhootni maama to save Krish. But Madhav - Sultanat is out of the question now with the return of Zaroon. And then on top we have this Neelam chick trying so hard to impress Madhav and his family, which already seems to work with Indu 🤣

And I agree with you abt the Sharma family. They never treated her right, except for Krish who loves Sultanat uncondontionally and maybe Madhav who was not so bad. But the rest was simply horrible. Looks like Sultanat remembers only the part of her life after the stabbing and how Madhav saved her. The rest doesnt count for her. She forgave the Sharma's as easily as she forgave Zaroon

Edited by eshasrk - 4 years ago
Itishri thumbnail

Originally posted by: eshasrk

@Irshita: dont worry dear.....all this Madhav jaap will get over very soon, coz Zaroon is back and Sultanat is back again with Zaroon. Said before tht the moment Zaroon is out of jail, SaRoon will reunite and move on with their lives where they left off. No evil eye, no jealousy nothing will happen. And the way they make Krish get used to be with SaRoon seems very foretelling. As if something might happen to Madhav or they are planning in turning him negative . Looks more to me that more than Madhav, SaRoon are going to fight bhootni maama to save Krish. But Madhav - Sultanat is out of the question now with the return of Zaroon. And then on top we have this Neelam chick trying so hard to impress Madhav and his family, which already seems to work with Indu 🤣

And I agree with you abt the Sharma family. They never treated her right, except for Krish who loves Sultanat uncondontionally and maybe Madhav who was not so bad. But the rest was simply horrible. Looks like Sultanat remembers only the part of her life after the stabbing and how Madhav saved her. The rest doesnt count for her. She forgave the Sharma's as easily as she forgave Zaroon

Madhav jaap has to end. It is way too annoying and illogical. Worse than any ghost or magic they can cook-up. At least then you know to keep the logic aside.

Don't think we are going to agree anytime soon about the upcoming pairing. So let's leave it at that.  Unless Zaroon and Sultanat "unite" and spend time together, there is no story forward for either couple.  Dekhte hai aage kya hota hai.

Hamlet53 thumbnail

originally posted by Irshita

helooo Irshita, great to hear from you 

Can I slap Sultanat??????

if it makes you feel better mate..

God... She has made me so mad with her Madhav jaap. She has zero interest in her own family and a peripheral interest in Zaroon. Why does she have to jump into Madhav's lap to get Zaroon out? Has she tried asking her father or Humza??? Her world seems to revolve around Madahv and his family.

I think she is shown going out of the way, perhaps because she was clearly taken out of the act of worship because she was of a different faith to the sharma's..  and it did hurt her..as she chose to show devotion.. had she abstained herself it would have been different.. here in Shah Manzil   she is seen to challenge views that are seen to divide people..

yes true, she is so much into pro sharma's that it can be easily said that her husband seems to be sidelined by her..  humza/ nadeem might not understand her,, with madhav she knows by now he too wants zaroon out. also may be she doesn't want to cause more angst to her father and humza.. who had disapppered  from the story. Only now the family has been brought back

There is constant reference to how they helped her.  Really??? What did I miss??? Indu and Sneha always mistreated her. Jugal tried to rape her. Madhav KIDNAPPED her. He did not find her unconscious in the street or save her in some random accident. These were the people who locked her in the house when they went out. They planned to slaughter her for their revenge. They prevented her from meeting her family. AND now she is behaving like she owes them some great debt for "saving" her.

yes their atrocities were outrageous and cruel even against the law, but then again its saltanat who choses her actions.. and she chooses to offer them refuge in thier hour of need.. had she acted otherwise, there would be no difference between thier actions and hers. saltanat does chose the hard option... surely she could imagine how her family could react. Besides.. young krish, brings out the best in her

This is worse than any stockholm syndrome I could have imagined. I guess even bhoot-pret can be more logical to this Sultanat's dedication, no obsession, with Madhav and his family. Even though I want Madhav-Sultanat, a little bit, very teeny-weeny bit, of logic will be nice. Forget logic, please stop glorifying a cold-blooded kidnapping act.

well I have accepted nothing will come out of the Stockholm syndrome.. madhav had his own revenge gremlins to fight.. i think he beat himself enough   the kidnapping was done under good old misconception,error of judgement!

Only good news seems to be that Zaroon is coming back. Hopefully, this sultanat-Madhav dost-dedication-club will shake up a bit with his evil eye. I was getting scared that next week Zaroon will send divorce papers via speed post and Saltanat-Madhav will rush to get married to save the family izzat (or get Krish's custody to save him from his evil mumma). Kahani khatam!!  

touche!  needed some guffaws to give me a wake up call... zaroon will not go off his sufiyana love! .. thanks mate for your thought provoking post.. love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

@ esha

esha you  point out such a crucial trait in Saltanat's personality.. the grace to forgive others.. i would say a godly quality.. that's why i only want saltanat to hold the reins of the shah dynasty and dargah... humza and her father could support her..  the woman has mercy in her heart..

great inputs esha, carry on sharing your views.. love hammie

eshasrk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Irshita

Madhav jaap has to end. It is way too annoying and illogical. Worse than any ghost or magic they can cook-up. At least then you know to keep the logic aside.

Don't think we are going to agree anytime soon about the upcoming pairing. So let's leave it at that.  Unless Zaroon and Sultanat "unite" and spend time together, there is no story forward for either couple.  Dekhte hai aage kya hota hai.

You know someone has made a bet with on the couples and tht person is convinced tht I will loose 🤣 U are also convinced tht they are going for the other pairing. Is there a specific reason for ur conviction ???? Becoz frankly I do not trust these makers at all, especially these ones. 

And can u plss explain wht u mean with no story forward for either couple ??? Why do I get this gut feeling they might even opt for Neelam Madhav ??? Tht girl just seems to force her way into the Sharma household.... By the way old charm is missing in SaRoon IMO. They look like strangers 

By the way read today tht Madhavs house is spooked by Kainaat 😲, dont know how much is true abt this. Thought it was Madhavs witch ex, but others are saying its Kainaat. Strange part is tht she hasnt been buried yet and both guys are out on bail...😕. What confusion all 

Edited by eshasrk - 4 years ago
Itishri thumbnail

Originally posted by: eshasrk

You know someone has made a bet with on the couples and tht person is convinced tht I will loose 🤣 U are also convinced tht they are going for the other pairing. Is there a specific reason for ur conviction ???? Becoz frankly I do not trust these makers at all, especially these ones. 

And can u plss explain wht u mean with no story forward for either couple ??? Why do I get this gut feeling they might even opt for Neelam Madhav ??? Tht girl just seems to force her way into the Sharma household.... By the way old charm is missing in SaRoon IMO. They look like strangers 

By the way read today tht Madhavs house is spooked by Kainaat 😲, dont know how much is true abt this. Thought it was Madhavs witch ex, but others are saying its Kainaat. Strange part is tht she hasnt been buried yet and both guys are out on bail...😕. What confusion all 

My conviction comes from watching too many ITV dramas. Questions is do they have the guts and time to tackle the hindu-muslim issue or will they brush it under the carpet?  

@Bold - Sultanat is an ITV lead. For Sultanat-Zaroon story to complete, Zaroon has to come back. Alternatively for Sultanat to move on with Madhav, Zaroon has to come back to dump her. Otherwise, as a loyal lover, an ITV FL must sit around and wait for her love to return. she can't just "decide" move on with someone else, just because the guy in jail for a murder charge, even if it was an authentic charge. tut-tut how dare she think about herself...

I see Neelam as comic-relief/sidekick - not a second lead type character.

eshasrk thumbnail

@Irshita:

Now tht u mention it.....honestly I have never thought abt it this far, even though I watch ITV dramas for many years. But their logic....good heavens is out of this world 🤣

Do u really think Zaroon is going to dump her after he declared a new promise and his undying love to her today ??? 

And honestly I do not think they hv the guts to tackle the hindu/ muslim issue. I know tht one of the writers is from Bepannah show and there we had the same situation almost : muslim girl and hindu guy. Both times she went against her parents and married hindu guys....