Gold Awards 2019: Sumedh wins "Gold Debut in a Lead Role (Male)" award

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

The 2019 Gold Awards ceremony was held in Mumbai last night (on the evening of Friday 11 October), and Sumedh won the "Gold Debut in a Lead Role (Male)" award for his work in RadhaKrishna! 👏

(The RK show's storyline may be weird, but there is no denying that Sumedh and the other actors and technicians involved have put in a lot of effort.)

There were 7 popular (open to public voting) nominations for RK, as listed below (and with further information in this separate post).

As far as I am currently aware, Sumedh's best debut award is the only award for RK: I have not heard of RK being awarded any critics awards (so far), and out of the 7 popular RK nominations, I have heard about the winners of all 6 categories except the "Best Actor in a Comic Role (Male)" category, in which Basant (Balram) was nominated.

(If anyone knows who won the male comic role award then please post the information in this thread. Thanks in advance!)

I will update this post/thread with any new RK-related Gold Awards information that becomes available once a comprehensive winners list is available. I have only managed to find partial lists so far, and the full list may not become available until after the full awards ceremony is telecast on Zee TV on a yet to be announced date.

The 7 popular RK nominations for the Gold Awards 2019:

1. Best Supporting Actor (Female): Reena Kapoor (Yashoda)
  2. Best Actor in a Negative Role (Male): Rushiraj Pawar (Ayan)
  3. Best Actor in a Negative Role (Female): Malini Sengupta (Jatila)
  4. Gold Debut in a Lead Role (Male): Sumedh Mudgalkar (Krishna) [WON]
  5. Gold Debut in a Lead Role (Female): Mallika Singh (Radha)
  6. Best Actor in a Comic Role (Male): Basant Bhatt (Balram)
  7. Best On-Screen Jodi: Sumedh Mudgalkar and Mallika Singh (Krishna and Radha)
Edited by A-A-S - 4 years ago
Posted: 4 years ago

Here is Sumedh's Instagram post from today, which includes two videos showing him accepting his award and giving his speech. Click through below to watch both the videos in his post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3gzhzjh5DN/

Sumedh was also interviewed briefly afterwards at the awards ceremony. There are several videos of this interview available, but here is one from the Bollywood Flash YouTube channel that has pretty good sound (you can hear Sumedh's answers very clearly but the reporters' questions are in very low volume - all the videos I could find are like this). The actual interview starts at around 0:16 and lasts until the end of the video (total duration  1:48).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrVVwoXs7pI

Basant also attended the awards ceremony and was pictured looking totally awesome on the gold carpet with Sumedh. The photo is courtesy IndiaForums from their gallery of 112 photos, "Celebrities attend the 12th Gold Awards!"  (You can also see Basant sitting beside Sumedh at the start of the first video in Sumedh's Instagram post above.)

Celebrities attend the 12th Gold Award!

And you can see Basant and Sumedh on the gold carpet (with several others) in the following video, also from the Bollywood Flash YouTube channel, from ~10:01 until ~10:51. The clearest view of them as they pose for photos is at ~10:25-10:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IA5AT7rmUU

Edited by A-A-S - 4 years ago