Patiala Babes

Anyone seen the promo of Mere Dad Ki Dulhan on Sony?

tantal thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

It seems to be almost an exact spin off of PB with a single dad (instead of mom) and a young daughter who tries to get her dad settled in a new relationship. Even the daughter has an an uncanny resemblance to Ashnoor.. looks like her real life sister.

I was thinking that there is no way Sony is going to air two primetime shows based on such similar story lines and the new show has a really famous star cast of Varun Badola and Shweta Tiwari. Is there a possibility that PB might be ending sooner than later when the new show airs which I think will happen at the conclusion of KBC.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NimbuMirchi thumbnail

I saw it. And the similarity is obvious. 

I don’t know if PB’s ending or not. Sony is famous for pulling the plug on shows. but if PB’s trps are good then it might have couple more months. 

AreYaar thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: tantal

It seems to be almost an exact spin off of PB with a single dad (instead of mom) and a young daughter who tries to get her dad settled in a new relationship. Even the daughter has an an uncanny resemblance to Ashnoor.. looks like her real life sister.

I was thinking that there is no way Sony is going to air two primetime shows based on such similar story lines and the new show has a really famous star cast of Varun Badola and Shweta Tiwari. Is there a possibility that PB might be ending sooner than later when the new show airs which I think will happen at the conclusion of KBC.

It’s already been reported that this show and Beyhadh 2 are replacing KBC. 

PB doesn’t seem to be doing anywhere at this point unless Sony starts to air promos for other shows in the pipeline. 

AreYaar thumbnail

And I don’t think similar storylines is an issue. Every other show is a saas bahu drama with similar storylines anyways but all channels air them. 

Sony will make whatever decision it wants on the basis of TRP when the time comes. 

For now, PB is getting the TRPs. 

shazam1 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Yeah I noticed the similarities too. It’s looks like a big production house show considering the big name actors in it. 

But comparing to PB I think if the last month is any indication the writers have hit a wall. They don’t know where to take the story next so they keep walking in circles. One day there is immense love and understanding next zilch- back to square one.

If they want to end PB now, I would be happy because like a lot of people the one step ahead and two steps back approach the show has  now taken is getting me annoyed as well. 

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

I saw it and there seem to be some major differences:

• single father and only daughter
  • the daughter is much older than Minnie since the daughter is already working 
  • the daughter seems to be thinking about leaving him one day, whether it's marriage or career related not sure, but she is actively thinking about it and positing the question to him
  • shweta's character is already quite independent given how she can drive a car and isn't afraid to own up to her mistakes and apologize for them
  • varun's character seems to be a bit prickly
  • both shweta and varun's character seem to be much older than hanita

It looks cool though. Will check it out once it airs.