Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 4 years ago

Women in ancient times till before Islamic Invasion wore much lesser than what you are calling as skimpy? I think you should research about history of Indian clothes before writing anything. Petticoats, blouses and even bras came into India due to British. I don't understand why some people call such costumes as skimpy when in reality women wore much lesser than that that the Indian audience will not be able to tolerate if it's shown. 

milindt thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I agree.

I like it too

milindt thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: angel_juhi04

Women in ancient times till before Islamic Invasion wore much lesser than what you are calling as skimpy? I think you should research about history of Indian clothes before writing anything. Petticoats, blouses and even bras came into India due to British. I don't understand why some people call such costumes as skimpy when in reality women wore much lesser than that that the Indian audience will not be able to tolerate if it's shown. 

I must respects today's sentiments. Religion and society is evolving. If they wore skimpy in the past, doest mean we have to tolerate today. Lots of pics show Shiva nude with private parts exposed. so do you want todays actors like Mohit Raina to also be complete nude

OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: milindt

I must respects today's sentiments. Religion and society is evolving. If they wore skimpy in the past, doest mean we have to tolerate today. Lots of pics show Shiva nude with private parts exposed. so do you want todays actors like Mohit Raina to also be complete nude

Did I say about nude thing? I am only saying makers should show as much accuracy as possible. Shiva is never shown wearing full dhoti and kurta but a small covering. At least he is properly shown everywhere if we ignore the nude parts as you said. Why can't we tolerate women wearing skimpy clothes if it's our history? Have we gone really that backward in thinking or influenced too much by invaders cultures? If that was the case then heroines in movies like Amrapali and Utsav were shown wearing long blouses and sarees in today's styles. Instead of getting affected by their actual clothing we should only focus on the stories.

Edited by angel_juhi04 - 4 years ago