PreRish OS : Zindagi Gulzar Hai

Posted: 4 years ago

PreRish OS : Zindagi Gulzar Hai 

Prerna is startled and confused with his out of the blue request to pay visit to  her mom's place the next morning,   realizing her apprehensions with his untimely demand, he assures her that he is well aware of their dislike for him, but still wants to go, only if she could arrange for it, she nods in apprehension hoping that no coldness or aloofness  spears in his direction, from her family. 

Next morning, Prerna informs her mother about their visit after dropping Kukki at school. 

at Sharma nivas, "Ruk jao Priyu" , her mom's loud voice startles her, with pooled eyes she looks at him, confirming her anticipated fears... he too is disheartened and confused, but it's short lived, as his eyes fall on  Veena maa along with prerna's bhabhi,  with Aarti ki thaal ,  "Prerna", she lifts up her head to his gentle call, looks in the direction of his eyes, her lips curve into a smile, her pooled eyes gleam . She smiles at him, they are duly welcomed as a couple , as this their first visit after their wedding

As they walk in Veena smiles and hugs her daughter,  and gives a restrained smile with a nod and namaste acknowledging Rishab's .

Prerna introduces him to her daadi, he bows down in reverence with a namaste, "jeete raho", "magar yeh woh nahin na..... jisse tumhari shaadi hone wali thi ..." her daadi with symptoms of early stages of amnesia, refers to Anurag

"nahin daadi, yeh woh hain jisse meri shaadi hui hain... aur yeh aapke damaad hai " Prerna handles the situation, just like how Mrs.Bajaj is expected to . "achcha hai, tum dono achche lag rahe ho... kush raho" , blesses daadi, while they exchange glances.  

Shekhar shakes hand with Rishab and welcomes him,  Suman hugs Priyu and throws  some random insecure statements about her trapping a much richer dude than Anurag, what if he is old .... an embarrassed Prerna , faces him with an apologetic look, he silently assures it's ok ... Shekar glares at Suman .  discomfort and uncertainty fills the air, with questionable yet surprise reactions from across the room. 

"I apologize for the sudden visit and I  won't take much of your time, I am just here to ...." ,  he is cut short ... "baatein baadh mein bhi ho sakte hain, pehle let's have some chai naashta ... " , her mother takes Prerna into the kitchen .

RIshab notices Prerna and her mom's serious conversation, in the open kitchen, from the living room, where he is seated. Shekar tries to engage him in an initial conversation, daadi asks few question which he replies, though he is more worried about Prerna , hoping her mom is not upset with her ....

Veena is making tea while Prerna updates  her with what devious plan Anurag plotted against Mr.Bajaj and implicated him with attempt of murder.. 

Veena's expressions range from shock to disappointment before her apologetic glance towards Rishab, while Prerna gestures him all is fine..... 

she further apprises  her how Mr.Bajaj surrendered only because she wanted him to .. he refused bail because she didn't trust him , he came out only when she learnt the truth, and also he destroyed that last bit of evidence against Anurag, for her sake and he refrained from telling to kaakima , as she stopped him .... Veena is overwhelmed  and regrets for being cold and misunderstanding the person sitting right there .... Prerna looks at him to meet his eyes...Veena reads the  concern in his eyes for her daughter, who assures him everything is fine .

A sense of tranquility and hope sets in for Veena, she smiles, places her hand on Priyu's head, she leans on her mom's shoulders and smiles at him, whose lips curl into a small smile "she is magical' her inner voice pops up . 

Prerna and Veena get chai and nashta , "Maa .... maaa ..." a loud resounding effect fills the air, Mahesh checking his back pack .... "Maa.....mera tiffin" ..... his voice comes to cease on noticing Prerna ... he runs and hugs almost making Prerna topple ...  "Di aap yahaan... how much I missed you di.... " , Prerna points him to Mr.Bajaj, ... Prerna and Rishab are pleasantly  surprised to hear "jeeju " from Mahesh .. only to be told by Veena to call him "Jeeja ji"  Rishab nods and utters "it's ok ' ...  

After a while Rishab explains his side and apologizes to her family for the way he got married to Prerna and requests the family and Veena not to be upset with Prerna as it was he who asked her not to share this with anyone until later, he sincerely regrets his act of hiding from them and seeks forgiveness and acceptance for "Prerna" 

Veena says "we were upset and severed all our ties with Priyu for what she did with us and Anur......" trails off .. "but not anymore, jo bhi hota hain achchce ke liye hota hai, tum dono khush raho " she blessed and assures him ,  he smiles and acknowledges her acceptance . 

Rishab gently reminds Prerna that they should leave , Prerna nods... Veena is pleased to see their unspoken  conversation with eyes, she feels a sense of contentment and happiness but she wants them to be here, more like she wants to understand the relation between her daughter and son in law.

Prerna gets up "Maa, I think we should leave, Mr.Bajaj has to leave for some urgent meeting.. " , 
"Priyu tu ruk sakti kya ... , aur damaad ji will come for lunch after meeting, by then we will prepare lunch " Veena asks Priyu to stay back, she looks at Rishab.. who says "aap rukiye .. I will pick you up in the evening "
 "aap agar lunch par aa sakte toh , humein bahut khushi hogi" , Veena's humble request he couldn't  refuse "ji I will .." he nods and takes leave, Prerna sees him to the door 

"aap aayenge na...." ,  she wants confirmation to her uncertainty, 
"agar aap chaahti hain toh .... " his cheeky  words bring a smile on her face. 
"achcha aate samay please pick up Kukki  , aaj uska half day hain na " , her words ooze innocence yet the rights of a wife  . 
"ji .. aur kuch " his short yet tease filled words caught her off guard
"kuch nahin ... I will wait .. " her bright smile.. sweeps him ...
he turns back couple of times to see her, before he leaves .. 

Veena could sense what she wanted to see on her daughter's face ...  happiness, a sense of solace and comfort . Prerna joins her mom in the kitchen .. 

"Prerna" his phone vibrates,  he excuses, while Mehra ji and the VP were working on the bid amount and legalities of an upcoming venture of WB Govt. 

"Mrs.Bajaj" , he pauses 

"Ji.. woh, I am sorry to disturb you now .. but woh ... maa is asking what's your favorite food or what would you like to have for lunch "

he walks to the other end of his room, Mehra smiles knowingly

"Mrs.Bajaj, I know everything about you without asking you , you are smart and intelligent and I shouldn't tell what you should be doing  ... " , he challenges her .. 

"Ok, fine.. I get it.. and please pick up Kukki ", she reminds him

"achcha Prerna, can Mr.Mehra join us for lunch we have something important to discuss, we will finish on the drive " , he asks her., "yeah please of course.. " , she hangs up the call smiling 

while preparing lunch Veena tells Priyu how proud she feels seeing her little Priyu handle her life and her marriage ... 

"I wouldn't have done it maa, if not for Mr.Bajaj, he has this amazing sense of understanding people, he knows how to handle all my emotions, my zidh, my tantrums , my rudeness ... ... he never  gets angry or raises his voice on me maa ...." words flow out of Prerna's swelled heart ..  Veena's brimmed eyes are on her daughter , "he has immense respect for me maa, he never lets anyone to insult or humiliate  me, he trusts me to the extent  he never doubts or questions me or my intents even when I am alone with Anurag ... while all I did was blame him, accuse him and doubt his intent maa", Prerna's eyes pool with regret , Veena takes Priyu into a hug 
"Priyu shaadi ke liye pyar se zyada yeh sab maayne rakhte hai aur damaadji is the one for you Priyu.. please handle this relation with all your heart  .. " , Veena wipes Priyu's tears 

@Lunch, Mr,Bajaj comes home with kukki and  Mr.Mehra  Prerna kneels down and takes Kukki into a big bear hug and introduces her family to her,  as naani maa, mahesh and shekhar maama, suman maami and shivani maasi , Kukki meets all family members individually , while the dad's heart swells with  the warmth  his daughter finds here .. 

Prerna and him steal glances in between, the lunch is served, looking at the dishes, Rishab and Prerna exchange glances, he is surprised, while her eyes gleam with pride and this unsaid convo going between them is noticed by Veena maa and Mr.Mehra .  Veena maa feeds Kukki, upon her demand . 

Prerna , standing close to Rishab, serves him, "Smart one Mrs.Bajaj" , he softly tells under his breath . "don't challenge me ", she retorts in a way only he could hear while her smile is noticed by everyone . 

After lunch,  Bajaj chokes on his water when he heard Mehra,  "Ma'am , please tell sir not to fire our VP, just because he is in love with his wife" A flustered Mr.Bajaj glares at Mr.Mehra, "Is there such rule in your work place that one shouldn't love his wife..." , Prerna tries to understand the underlying tone and connection here .. 

"Mr.Mehra , I think we should leave now ", he says in a stern and warning tone. 

Kukki runs to Bajaj and holds his hand and tells him not to go to work as she is having so much fun here .. Prerna who knew his passion  for work, didn't expect him to stay back, but still in a corner of her heart she wished for him to stay back and spend some time with her family. 

"It's ok Kukki beta, papa will come in the evening and we will go home", she tries to persuade the little kid, who mocks being upset . 

Bajaj didn't want to be the obstruction between Prerna and her family, they were being too formal and rigid with him around,  and him going back to work might give them the much needed family time for her. 

Veena and Shekar asks him to stay back , Suman bhabhi too requests, but he is still waiting for that one person's decision , he agrees upon her silent , unspoken request , that's become their unsaid protocol where in they speak with their eyes and both understand each other effortlessly and in an organic manner . 

"Mr.Mehra you go and finish the pending work, call me if you need to discuss anything", saying so he disperses Mr.Mehra, who leaves with a  smile on his face . 

Mahesh and Shivani take Kukki to Prerna's room, Prerna and Suman bhabhi finish the kitchen clean up, daadi goes to her room for afternoon nap, while Shekhar bhaiyya goes out for some work in the next street.  

Veena maa sits on the single couch across her damaad,  "beta humein maaf kardo .. errm,. Mr,Bajaj ", the formality they are trying to hold is stifling him , "aap please mujhe beta keh sakti hai.. you are Prerna's mom, so you are my ... ", he trails off , unsure if he can address her as "maa" , 

"ek sharth pe , I will call you beta, only if you call me maa " , Veena places a condition, which he willingly and readily accepts in all earnestness .  

Veena  apologizes for not siding with him and she regrets how wrong she was to support Anurag solely on the basis that she knew Anurag for a long time  without even bothering to give a benefit of doubt to him, who saved her, by coming from hospital, in the nick of time. 

Rishab nods in negative , in a heavy voice he just utters... "plz don't ,.. it's alright " 

contd.. in the next post 

Edited by munnihyderabad - 4 years ago

Kukki comes and pulls him , she asks him to come upstairs to Prerna mumma's room, she also drags Prerna on their way up, Kukki runs fast, Prerna trips on the second stair, but is safely held in his arms, she is lost in his deep brown eyes, while he is captivated by hers  

"Priyu tu teek hain na .. ", a concerned voice of her mom breaks  their eye lock, he helps her straighten up, "jee maa main teek hoon" , she assures,

"aap teek hain ?" his gentle tone, gets her attention back to him,  "ji", she nods still looking into his deep penetrating eyes. 

Once in her room, he checks every corner of the room, "such colorful and vibrant place" his inner voice remarks... Kukki makes her pappa sit on the bed and dumps a bundle of albums on him with Mahesh mama's help .. She points to Prerna and shows it's her pictures.. 

Prerna was checking her room, she recollects  Anurag and her memories spent in this room, oblivious to others, her eyes brim, recollecting those memories only to be squashed by what he did now, she gets a hold herself, Bajaj sends kukki to her, Prerna comes to the bed where Bajaj is checking Prerna's pictures from her childhood , with her dad, her family

"you were a really cute kid ", his inner voice leaves his lips, 

"woh toh main ab bhi hoon... not that you notice ", embarrassed, she bites her lower lip and chides herself for  what she just uttered 

Kukki goes down to  play  ludo with shivani maasi and Mahesh mama 

Bajaj goes through those albums and his heart swells seeing those pictures and the warmth in them , Prerna seems to be her dad's favorite, he concludes , Prerna is packing her favorite bangles and few bengali cotton sarees to take with her , Bajaj comes across the last album which has a huge heart symbol on it , as he flips the first page he finds dried red rose in it, he flips couple of pages and finds Prerna and Anurag's pictures probably some party, some engagement, some dance , he instantly closes it, leaving the album aside, makes his way to the window to address the stab of unnamed feeling in his heart.. may be of guilt .. 

Prerna with a concern, comes to his side, she notices the deep, intense expression on his face, his eyes downcast and may be pooled, she places her hand on his shoulder, "aap teek hai " , he blinks back before facing her, but his bloodshot eyes give away, she sights that album on the bed and understands

"aap please don't think about it, that's my past and I wouldn't let my past interfere with my present", her eyes assure and promise him.

"I am sorry , I think ...I shdn't have done what I did, I broke you apart for my selfishness , I wish I can undo everything" , his deep regretful words ,inflict her , his guilt cuts through her , yes there was a time she cursed him, she hated him with a passion, she would run away from him, given a chance... but .. but things have changed .. she has changed, he has changed ... and for her Anurag was just a khoobsoorat mod which led her to the a much better and beautiful path , probably every girl isn't lucky to  get what she got out of this marriage .

She holds his hands in hers, "Mr.Bajaj, we cannot undo the past, but I promise and assure that we will make this marriage the best deal we ever cracked together, I left my past behind , as a young girl I thought love is everything in my life, and I didn't realize how self consuming it was for me, until you came in my life, gradually I started to realize how imperative were somethings in a relation which I never dreamt of, being in love, you made me realize that I need and one needs respect, understanding, communication, space and trust in a relation , so that it doesn't become stifling and self consuming like being in love "  , he intently stares at her, "Trust me Mr.Bajaj , I am happy and content with this marriage, my mom too accepted us, please let go of this guilt , love is not everything and people do fall in love again ,, may be one day ,. we may ..  " she squeezes his hands with an assuring smile ... he smiles faintly 

She keeps away the albums, "Prerna can we take this picture with us " showing the family picture which he pulled form an album ... a confused Prerna, "why do you want this Mr.Bajaj" 

"Prerna, you are my family and so is this family mine, and this picture will be in our home as a family picture... " , he says in earnest,  she smiles and nods.

They decide to go back, and descend the stairs, to find kukki playing hide and seek with neighboring kids and mahesh mama . Priyu goes to Veena who is making evening tea and Suman is making some snacks, "Maa I think we should leave now " , "Priyu itne dino baadh aaye tum log, ruk jao na aaj raath.. kal subah jaldi jaana " she requests, "Maa main ruk jaati  , par Mr.Bajaj ,..  " , she trails off unsure of his reaction , "main poochongi Rishab bete se... " , Veena's eyes with a glint, "beta yeh kab hua " , mocks anger that she is not aware of this new development .. "par maa seriously .. unhe comfortable nahin hoga yaha,.. na AC hai na comfortable place .. pata nahin kya sochenge hamare baare mein" 

Rishab who overheard their conversation , "Mrs.Bajaj,  agar aap chaahti hai toh aap jaayiye ghar, as maa wants me to stay here tonight, I am staying back with my daughter " , leans on the wall crossing his arms across his chest  "maa? .. beta?..  and when did this all happen ?" feigns mock anger .. 

"tu jaa apni ghar, Rishab beta and Kukki will stay with us " , Veena plays along with Rishab, "argh .. damaad jo mil gaya beti hui parayi" she scoffs in anger .. even in the wildest of her dreams she didn't see this coming .  Veena maa and Rishab chuckle seeing her 

Dinner is fun filled, post dinner Kukki goes to sleep with her naani maa , on the terrace,  Suman , Shivani and Prerna are on one side, Rishab,  Shekhar and Mahesh on the other side, start playing dumb cherads, Rishab is explained on the rules of the game and how it's played .. 

Suman mocks anger when she couldn't guess what Shekar was trying to enact, while Shekar instantly guessed Suman's same went for Prerna's Rishab promptly guesses the right title from whatever little database he has , Shekhar bhaiyya jibes... "girls can never guess what we enact", "because boys are bad actors",  shivani retorts, "no, because understanding is must for boys, specially for husbands..else..." he chides himself internally for such statement before everyone,.. "so you mean to say girls/wife's doesn't understand boys/husbands... ", how generalized and discriminatory Prerna scoffs .. ..

Later everyone retire to their respective rooms, Mr.Bajaj is in Prerna's room, Prerna checks on Kukki before going to her room, where he is wondering how to sleep as there is no couch here , Prerna realizes that there is no couch in her room, "I will sit and sleep on that chair ", he offers .. "Please don't behave like you have a monster in the name of wife",  she rebukes him... and tells him to sleep on the bed as there is no other option for them, he isn't sure, "please" she requests.. "but aap comfortable....." he is concerned for her comfort .. "I will be fine .. and I don't think of you to be a monster to be scared of  .. ", she chuckles,

"Prerna , thank you ", in all sincerity , "why ?? Is it for the bed ?" .. she diffuses it playfully knowing what and where it's leading to ,,,

"no .. for I got to live the best day of my life ever" he says with all heart , "thank you for everything you have given me ..." she adds "and please let's not go into the sorry guilt about my past and all ...and we are done with it all,,I hope,  now can we sleep please ,,," she asks .. he smiles "yess" 

the lights are turned off, while the moonlight fills the room through the see through curtains . she looks beautiful in the moonlight, never seen her sleep so peacefully and that serenity and moonlight enhances her beauty, he devours it , turns his back towards her and drifts into one of the best sleep he ever got. 

The day breaks, the chirping of the birds and the rays of morning sunlight break through the room, Rishab wakes up to see her hand on his waist and her breathing into his back , he slowly tries to remove her hand , but wakes her up .. on realizing the close proximity , she instantly pulls her hand and jumps off the bed, though her cheeks are bit crimson, ,  subtle shyness and awkwardness envelopes them  . Maasi sent their  clothes with chandu the previous evening, they freshen up  and go for morning aarti . 

After aarti and breakfast, Veena gives gifts beautiful lehenga to Kukki and all  jewellry which Prerna's papa got done for Prerna and gives a pen to Rishab, which her husband used all his life , Rishab takes it as an honor, "Rishab beta, we have nothing to give to match your stature, but this pen is   Prerna's papa's,  please accept it as his aashirwaad, as he would have been the happiest person today had he seen you and Priyu " , all eyes brim , without a word, Rishab hugs Veena maa , a lone tear escapes his eyes and falls on her shoulder . 

Prerna cries hugging her mother, Rishab, Prerna and Kukki take leave of the family ,symbolic to her formal bidaai ,while their relation is awaiting for a proper start. 

On the way back home, Prerna kept looking out of the window and recollecting how she expected nothing but pain, agony, despair, heartbreak out of this marriage, but call it destiny, she finds an unexpected solace , contentment and happiness, from this man, who was the epitome of ruthlessness and selfishness, but today it came to a state where he does anything and everything for her, even before she asks for it, she dwells how she had got more than what she had ever expected out of this relation and the person in question, and looking now in his direction her heart swells with nothing but happiness and hope with him by her side, life is indeed beautiful ... pretty much echoing the lyrics she had once heard Zindagi Gulzar Hai....

Edited by munnihyderabad - 4 years ago

Mine  

Bass kar pagli rulayegi kya 😭

Edited by WaqtZaya - 4 years ago

It’s so beautiful ❤️

Thank you for this Os because I know show main toh yeh dekhne milega hi nahi 💔

This gives so much of domestic feeling. Veejaj is sure super hit.smiley1 lovely story

Munni🤗

This was perfectnow I have a LOT of expectations from tomorrow's episode, all because of you! 

I was actually crying when Prerna was telling him that all is in the past. And finally Rishabh got his family, his Maa

Loved the family union, so sweet! Playing dumb charades and having dinners! So much Masti!!

And they sleep on the same bed☺️

Ab Kal aisa nahi aaya na toh bahut dukhi ho jaungi🥺

Love ❤️

-Sanu

Awww it was such a beautiful OS Munni 🥰

Veejaj 

Loved it 😍

Woohoo!

How delightfully charming! 

After reading that VP bit in your OS, I expect Mehra to blurt it out in Prerna's presence. Come on Mr Mehra! 🤣

This OS has made my expectations skyrocket. I liked how you maintained a positive aura and kept it free from intruders. 

All the conversations were beautiful and profound carrying great hopes for the future.

A night at the Sharmas with PreRish sharing a bed is our dream. At least your OS made us visualize such things with sheer beauty and precision. ❤️

RD ji got her VeeJaj here. 🤣

This is such a perfect feel-good story. Dil khush kar diya Munni🤗

I can't express how happy I felt after reading this story. The doubt that they felt before coming to Sharma's which turned to happiness after they were received with all rituals. I loved Prerna's talk with Veena, she told her Anurag's truth, Bajaj's innocence, and his care towards her👍🏼. Veena being the elder understood the dynamics of their relationship, their silent eye talks, their communication through silent gestures❤️. Kukki got an extended family and their love and he got a maa with a family. 

Mr. Mehra threw a googly on Bajaj in front of everyone🤣. 

Bajaj is guilty, but I liked how Prerna said she wants to live in the present, not in her past. I think even he should stop living in past and think about his present & future with her. Veena and Bajaj teaming up against Prerna😆. They shared a bed. They got their gifts and an official bidaai of Prerna. The ending❤️.

Now my expectations have increased from tomorrow's episode, even though I know we won't get something like this.

Awesome OS, Loved it Munni❤️

Edited by MR21 - 4 years ago

Wow Munni! This is such a good, such a happy story...made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside 

The bond between RB and the Sharmas is so well depicted, esp with Veena Maa. She sees her daughter happy with her new relationship and that is all she needs to accept RB...and RB gets his Maa😳 The scene where Veena Maa asks them to stay the night is so cute❤️

Even if we get 1% of this tomm (which I know we won't 😳), I will be satisfied! 

Thank you for writing this 🤗

Edited by Manasi_16 - 4 years ago