Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: KootyPai

You can understand how accommodating Keralites are of different religions by the recent Sabarimala issue. Ofcourse not generalising. But when Muslims and Christians were trying to enter a temple just to denigrate our faith, how can you call it secular or whatever. How many Hindu women have protested against Sabarimala issue, did they listen to any of them? I've also seen how in particular they denigrate Hindu faith. You call this secular? Why do they have this superiority complex anyway?

Dude, get the facts straight. It was about WOMEN entering the temple, not other religions. Sabarimala allowed MEN of other religions to enter long before the supreme court ruling.

Yeah, there were non Hindus among the women who tried to enter, but the peeve was with WOMEN, not religion.

In fact, Ayyappa's BFF is supposed to be a Muslim who has a shrine close by.

ETA. Kerala has a huge problem with women which JA didn't bother to mention, but he is absolutely right that the state is far ahead of the rest in terms of religious harmony.

Edited by MahanalayakKarn - 4 years ago
AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

If Modiji has done one thing flawlessly its putting some fear or paranoia about how everyone out to get Hinduism and denigrate it and yada yada yada in the minds of his followers aka Bhakts. This thread itself is proof. 😆 Aur toh desh ka satyanash kardiya from every possible angle par yeh teer ekdum nishaane pe laga. 

Sociopath thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Lol sure dude. I am from jammu and here we have mandir and masjid with in 500m distance. Anyways people of Kerala say we didn't vote for bjp because we are literate but still most people join isis from Kerala. We don't want this kind of literacy in our state/ut.

Pyaricetamol thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MahanalayakKarn

Dude, get the facts straight. It was about WOMEN entering the temple, not other religions. Sabarimala allowed MEN of other religions to enter long before the supreme court ruling.

Yeah, there were non Hindus among the women who tried to enter, but the peeve was with WOMEN, not religion.

In fact, Ayyappa's BFF is supposed to be a Muslim who has a shrine close by.

ETA. Kerala has a huge problem with women which JA didn't bother to mention, but he is absolutely right that the state is far ahead of the rest in terms of religious harmony.

Hindu women were opposing the judgement. Muslim and Christian women were trying to enter the temple. Can you name one Hindu woman who entered the temple after judgement. You can close your eyes all you want..Infact it is one of the biggest pilgrimages.That is why it was targeted. 

Edited by KootyPai - 4 years ago
Pyaricetamol thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sociopath

Lol sure dude. I am from jammu and here we have mandir and masjid with in 500m distance. Anyways people of Kerala say we didn't vote for bjp because we are literate but still most people join isis from Kerala. We don't want this kind of literacy in our state/ut.

THE difference between literacy and education. Almost all the keralites I know of brag about their 100.0000000 literacy rate or whatever. But dude what's the use of this literacy rate when you guys have got the highest number of ISIS recruits 🤣

Sociopath thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

THE difference between literacy and education. Almost all the keralites I know of brag about their 100.0000000 literacy rate or whatever. But dude what's the use of this literacy rate when you guys have got the highest number of ISIS recruits 🤣

So fu*king true. I would rather be educated than literate and join isis. 

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Ronaldo_fan

I m from so called troubled state of jk. On national highway mamdir and masjid r next to next. 

Them there is bahu fort which is most popular temple here. There is masjid opposite to it as well. Both communities  never trouble each other. But we dont go boasting  everywhere.

@bold For those who don't know, they are literally next to each other, side by side. I have never seen any trouble around that area.

Also for Bahu Fort, the masjid is just outside the entry to the shrine of Bawe wali mata. And again no trouble there as well but we people don't show off like the one in discussion. Because we consider it quite normal.

I don't know why some people have this superiority complex. Being literate doesn't necessarily mean being educated, hence proved.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Hindu women were opposing the judgement. Muslim and Christian women were trying to enter the temple. Can you name one Hindu woman who entered the temple after judgement. You can close your eyes all you want..Infact it is one of the biggest pilgrimages.That is why it was targeted. 

https://time.com/longform/bindu-kanakadurga-women-hinduism-india/

FYI, the mosques in Kerala came ou against it, IIRC. Prob afraid they were next🤣

Once again, better to know the facts before spouting off.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

@Bold. Quote the source, statistics. Otherwise, you're just spouting off just like you did with the other post re: not one Hindu woman tried to enter Sabarimala

@Blue. Oh, I don't know? The low infant and maternal mortality rates? High income? Might wanna try it some time.

Edited by MahanalayakKarn - 4 years ago
Pyaricetamol thumbnail

Originally posted by: MahanalayakKarn

@Bold. Quote the source, statistics. Otherwise, you're just spouting off just like you did with the other post re: not one Hindu woman tried to enter Sabarimala

@Blue. Oh, I don't know? The low infant and maternal mortality rates? High income? Might wanna try it some time.

I couldn't find the exact article I saw. But I do remember seeing it. But at the moment I guess this would suffice -

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/29/isis-recruiters-fertile-ground-kerala-indias-tourist-gem

Time to introspect