Priyanka Chopra opens about the time she lost her father

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Priyanka Chopra will be next seen in The Sky Is Pink. It also stars Farhan Akhtar and Zaira Wasim in key roles and is set to hit the screens on October 11.

BollywoodLifeSeptember 26, 2019 10:56 PM IST

The desi girl and global icon Priyanka Chopra Jonas is back in town and to promote her upcoming Bollywood venture The Sky Is Pink. The film recently got a standing ovation in the Toronto International Film Festival and honestly the expectations ate sky high from this among the audience and trade experts. The film is co-produced by PeeCee. While talking about the filmmaking process she told Zoom TV, "Through the making of this movie. It was a very cathartic experience for me. The thing that's changed is I feel like its healed a part of me that was wounded after I lost my father."

The actress also went on two share that her character of Aditi helped her understand loss and death. "I don't think I knew how to deal with the emotions I was feeling. And under the tutelage of Shonali (Bose), playing Aditi and understanding that loss and death is the most natural thing that we know will happen to each one of us. Instead of mourning the vault of the person you have lost you celebrate the life that was lived, and that changed me," she added.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2qq7bTnDUz/?igshid=150xrjh3fegen

She also shared the emotional moment during her marriage and quoted, "I still held on to a lot of negative feelings. I was angry, hurt and I felt abandoned. When I was filming I was getting married at that time and I missed my dad so much and missed his presence so much, knowing that my mom would be doing this alone. When this was all my dad would talk about, he would say, 'suit kab silvaun'. This film gave me closure. " The Sky Is Pink also stars Farhan Akhtar and Zaira Wasim in key roles and is set to hit the screens on October 11. So, are you excited for the film? Tweet to us @bollywood_life.