Patiala Babes

The basic unanswered question

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

....that still didn't get answered today.....Why did HS and Babita marry each other? 

The conversation was good otherwise....good to see one among the many knots in Babita's mann opening up today.....it's deep self-loathing and lack of self-esteem again....as is the root cause of many of her issues. Ashok cheating on her left a deep impact on her psyche and made her question whether there was something lacking in her that he left her. 

Since the writers aren't thinking about the CD incident anymore, I'll speculate on my own.....lol maybe watching the CD that day triggered her memories of whatever initial good relationship she shared with Ashok and she wondered again that she seemed to have love at some point but lost it, so maybe that will happen again with her since she is the common link in both marriages.....it's the man who left her so there must be something lacking in her. 

HS got some really good dialogues in analyzing her state of mind.....especially his point regarding the fact that she hasn't really known love despite what she thinks.....she knew how to submit herself in love but didn't know how to exert haq.....she didn't take ownership of her relationship and it ended up slipping from her hands.....Ashok never exerted that kind of haq either so that should give her food for thought about whether there was any love really there if neither of them knew how to step up to own it........it again seems like a case of presumptions, differing perceptions....what Babita viewed to be love was a basic level of initial care.....Ashok himself was a weak man who was incapable of really loving her.....but her limited understanding didn't equip her to comprehend that. 

I also liked how he explained that he had way more to lose than her in this relationship.....she would lose a husband if it ever came to that....but he would lose a friend, a daughter and a wife.....he again gave Babita that assurance that she has the upper hand in this relationship.....giving her the ability to have some control, to feel an assurance of haq. But given Babita's recent meltdown, I'm not sure that has really been fully comprehended.....lol time will tell. 

Haq is the saar of this relationship.....of the relationship between all three actually but since HS is busy focusing on Babita for now, I'll also only talk about it in their context....lol he wants Babita to exert haq over him and give him haq over her.....and based on how the conversation concluded, I guess they have managed to take a few steps towards trying to get there. 

HS-Mini are still a work in progress.....but I liked how she just stood there and refused to leave when he asked her to leave him alone.....and that sorry that popped out felt so natural. Mini has become so stoic with him......I couldn't help but draw a parallel to the Poonam incident when she called HS and ekdum haq se cajoled him to talk to Babita.....today there wasn't that level of haq.....Mini has sobered down so much more since that time. 

I personally felt the Poonam incident was better built up and better resolved than whatever this issue was today....it has been muddled up so many times since last week, I think I've forgotten where it even started.....lol ki Mini ka issue hai, ki self-worth ka issue hai, ki pata nahin kaunsa issue hai. 

Anyways, I guess HS-Babita have settled in....despite HS not really working  up the gumption to ask her why she married him.....lol.....and I guess we are to forget all that she said to him about marrying him only for Mini etc. etc... ...

Also remains to be seen how long HS-Mini continue in their current state.....they are talking but there is a distance. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shazam1 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I was just thinking since they mentioned Minnie turning 18 / an adult will the bring in the adoption drama? I doubt it since it’s a little weird that he would adopt an almost 18 year old since she still cares about her grandparents and their feelings. I don’t think she will start anything which will hurt them but wonder if this is also leading on to Birthday drama- maybe ashok will be back. 

On a different note, Minnie should call HS “Pops” ( like Archie) , it rhymes with Babes 😊

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: shazam1

I was just thinking since they mentioned Minnie turning 18 / an adult will the bring in the adoption drama? I doubt it since it’s a little weird that he would adopt an almost 18 year old since she still cares about her grandparents and their feelings. I don’t think she will start anything which will hurt them but wonder if this is also leading on to Birthday drama- maybe ashok will be back. 

On a different note, Minnie should call HS “Pops” ( like Archie) , it rhymes with Babes 😊

Yeah, I guess Mini mentioned her 18th birthday is in two weeks or something, right? Then full possibility of another big drama around that.....they will set up some high point related to a breakdown or identity crisis for her. 

I don't really see her initiating adoption on her own....who will bring up the question? If Ashok comes back in time for that, then yeah, it's possible......Ashok and HS can fight over who gets to be called the father.....lol  

I haven't thought much off late about what Mini should call HS....their relationship has deteriorated so much, I guess all these titles are afterthoughts now. 

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

The conversation  between HB was reslly nice to hear. Hlad that jitna bhi atleast babita opened up a bit on hanuman's coaxing. My absolute  fav was him saying why let go of her haq based on preassumptions and that  if anything it will be a greater loss to him as everything  is on line for him. 

Babita has her issues but she really can't  just sit on the side and live in her bubble. By not reciprocating  she was alienating HS even before he could go away as per her fear. She is naive/dumb enough to  not realise ke aise toh pehle se hi give up  kar chuki hai woh yeh relationship. Chote chote steps le and pull her weight in this relationship. I hope ab HS ke itne pyar se itne ache se samjhane pe kuch toh akkal aa gayi hai isko. 

The morning scene was cute too and done really subtly hahah at poor mini dekhooing idhar udhar avoiding the situation hahaha. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: naadanmasakalli

The conversation  between HB was reslly nice to hear. Hlad that jitna bhi atleast babita opened up a bit on hanuman's coaxing. My absolute  fav was him saying why let go of her haq based on preassumptions and that  if anything it will be a greater loss to him as everything  is on line for him. 

Babita has her issues but she really can't  just sit on the side and live in her bubble. By not reciprocating  she was alienating HS even before he could go away as per her fear. She is naive/dumb enough to  not realise ke aise toh pehle se hi give up  kar chuki hai woh yeh relationship. Chote chote steps le and pull her weight in this relationship. I hope ab HS ke itne pyar se itne ache se samjhane pe kuch toh akkal aa gayi hai isko. 

The morning scene was cute too and done really subtly hahah at poor mini dekhooing idhar udhar avoiding the situation hahaha. 

Why not? Her life, her wish, her choice😛

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

So whats your consensus based on the morning scene.. did they do it or did they not do it? 😆

YoungHeart thumbnail

Originally posted by: shazam1

Thats what I have been thinking too. It will be perfect Babes and Pops. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveInAutumn26

So whats your consensus based on the morning scene.. did they do it or did they not do it? 😆

Does it make any difference either way? 🤷‍♀️😆

Story has moved on from that point. 

And I’d told you before also you’re overthinking the intimacy issue. Dekha aaj kya nikla? 😆.....like the writers specifically made her say Ashok didn’t force for anything just to counter all the ppl who speculated that she must have had bad experiences with intimacy 🤷‍♀️ Lol 

YoungHeart thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Does it make any difference either way? 🤷‍♀️😆

Story has moved on from that point. 

And I’d told you before also you’re overthinking the intimacy issue. Dekha aaj kya nikla? 😆.....like the writers specifically made her say Ashok didn’t force for anything just to counter all the ppl who speculated that she must have had bad experiences with intimacy 🤷‍♀️ Lol 

@1st bold: Yes. I wanna know 😆. Jokes apart, that scene could be interpreted either way actually. My interpretation is they slept together, cuddling, hugging each other; but maybe there is still a bit of time left for actual intimacy. Or they could have done it. I mean HS did look tired in the morning scene, and after that emotional conversation, its makes sense for them to do it. But who knows. I guess we will find out 😆. 

@Bold: This honestly didn't make sense to me, esp how we have been shown Ashok. The way he behaved with Babita in court, and later with Meeta. Honestly, it felt like Babita was talking about a completely different person and not the Ashok we have known 🤔. I guess for the sake of drama, writers completely made Ashok out and out vile and evil, which they might not have intended when they first wrote the character. 

Edited by LoveInAutumn26 - 4 years ago
Indulatha thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I think Hs also afraid to listen the real answer from Babita. May be he doesn’t want to hear the answer that “ Sirf Mini ke liye Shaadi “ ki aap se.