Decent first episode

Posted: 4 years ago

Liked all the characters after leap. Dhanak and Raghu are back in the form. After watching the pre-leap Dhanak last week - I like this OTT lecturing Dhanak.

Are there no more Chawls in Mumbai? If she really wanted to keep Raghu and Raunak separate, shouldn't she have moved? OR did she forget what raghu is like? Does she really think that he will walk away from his son if she told him to buzz off???

They made Dhanak look older with that awful hairdo but Raghu looks the same.

Edited by Irshita - 4 years ago

Raghu is gud as always but i had completely gave up on dhanak after she beated raghu & cursed him etc.

I understand her grief but all bakwas she said 2 raghu , clearly show she never luved raghu just attracted 2 him

Varna if anyone from her own family was involved in preeti's murder then dhanak would had moved heaven & earth 4 them but raghu , only god knows what made raghu fall 4 this lady.

Now dhanak & her spineless papa r trying 2 keep raghu away from raunak by repeatedly calling him gunda forgetting what this same gunda has done 4 them multiple time

I hope raghu teaches dhanak & her papa a lesson again that they r useless

Anyways raghu already vow 2 fight with anyone  4 raunak

Let see what he does

I am waiting 4 d day dhanak & her spineless papa learn that raghu is not responsible 4 preeti's death, their face will be treat.

I hope this raghu dont bow down before dhanak's conditional luv.

I am hoping they show some progress in raghu 

If CVS keep repeating the same ghisa pita track  of season 1 then it won't help trp

That mera beta, mera beta rant is just hilarious. What are they thinking??? She has no legal, moral or logical grounds to stand on if Raghu pushes for his rights as a father.

I don't blame Dhanak for her anger because she was always an idiot when it came to Raghu. Plus her sister's death must have killed any remaining thinking power. But she is really expecting:

- she says back off and raghu backs off

- she says mera beta and mai will happily agree "tera beta"

- no one in the chawl will tell raunak, even in the passing, about his father/grandmother.

- Raunak will never ask about his father

What is she thinking???? If she really wanted nothing to do with Raghu and his family, she needed to move far away from them. The whole setup is so illogical that I will be surprised if TRPs budge at all.

Good thing - there were no 10 episodes of hit and miss. :)

Hey guys! So i was waiting to put in my two cents till the end of the episodes of the week. 

So i will start with my verdict on the leap- this was a great opportunity for the show makers to really revamp the content and recapture the initial essence that had made this show a high trp broker. to certain extent, the makers have tried to do that by essentially restarting the story, with raghu and dhanak's story going back to the exact same space that it was in when raghu forced dhanak to marry him. it was a very good phase of the story, which should've and could've taken some very interesting twists and turns if it wasnt so very overburdened with dhanak's IPS storyline. having buried that storyline was probably the best thing the cvs did with this leap. i mean at any rate, it wouldve been an extreme stretch if they'd shown that the wife of an incarcerated criminal is allowed to be in IPS officer. Even now they make it seem like it was Dhanak's choice to not be in vardi anymore- thats just not within the grasps of truth at all. but anyways, im glad that aspect of the show is dusted and this time i hope for good. it was never a good track and frankly it made dhanak look very narcissistic many a times. 

The second best thing they did was with Raghu's character- jail and his child has become an empowering experience for him. something that hasn't happened for dhanak but more on that later. he wants to live life in his own terms now and seems to be willing to fight for that. the backbone and the street smarts that had disappeared over the course of his relationship with his wife. raghu who could deduce sejal's fiance as a fraud from a 10 sec interaction couldnt deduce tiwari was a fraud was just unbelievable. he seems to have come to terms with things that have happened in his life and seems much calmer and more self-assured. I will wait till later to actually touch on the dhanakpati launda to crorepati munda till later. i hate it but if they make it good (unlikely and i will explain why) i will take this back. the moment when he chose to thank akshay for ensuring his wife and child's survival was testament to growth and that juxtaposed with his laying out on the motorbike and threatening the housing agent shows that its not inconsistent- raghu is exactly what he was, just more mature and comfortable in his skin. 

BUT unfortunately for the show, it hasnt fixed what is and has always been fundamentally the MOST potent problem of the show- dhanak. she's just as totally unrelatable as she's always been. there's absolutely no consistency, logic or explanation to her character, or her motivations or her actions. she doesnt hate raghu but still loves him, she seems to barely remember her dead sister. nobody in her family seems to. puppy seems to have gone back to his raghu gunda hain mode rather than raghu killed my daughter. he is happy doing second marriage of dhanak despite of us having no idea if dhanak ever actually divorced or not. considering raghu doesnt seem to think so, i'm guessing no. she infact, by her own admission, still wants to give him a chance and cries everytime she's rude to him...so why is she rude to him?!? 

because he is a gunda and not good for her son...yeh baat baccha conceive karne se pehle sochna chahiye tha nahi? tab bhi he was part time pav bhaji wala dombivili ka don and full time unpadh. and of late he's only ever been a wet sponge, the only gunda thing he's done since the early days of the show is supposedly kill preety. and if dhanak has forgiven him that- toh phir problem kya hain? i dont understand her motivations at all. the problem is her son will have to live as an ex-convict's child. isnt he already living as one? like whether he knows or not- people know. its not exactly a top secret. in fact its a miracle that nobody has made dhanak and rounak's life harder for having raghu as their husband and father respectively. yeh log kaunse society mein rehte hain where everything is so utopic? 

dhanak NEVER faces ANY struggles, just temporary inconveniences! nothing was ever hard in her life at all! police mein thi toh raghu was there to always save the day, pati jail gaya toh akshay is there to save the day. aab pati lauta jail se toh crorepati banke! toh problem kya hain?!? and most importantly, dhanak ki mul struggle kya hain?!? is there any issue in her life at all? and if dhanak doesnt have a struggle then unfortunately the story doesnt have a struggle. aab yeh log chahe kuch bhi karle this story has no direction, nothing to tie it to its core sentiments and simplicity. its bound to flounder and eventually fail. in sab kuch mein mujhe dhanak ki issue hi samajh mein nahi aati! the cvs expect me to relate to her emotion- but what is her emotion? other than blatant classism there is nothing here to see or understand! that or she has the same sort of obsession with her son that maayi has with raghu- utterly garbage and unhealthy! Its not surprising at all that she is so paranoid regarding her son. becoming a mother has not been an empowering experience for her at all but rather its become debilitating. her son is a burden on her life and only makes her weak and paranoid and devoid of happiness. or logic. this whole baccha track seems so UTTERLY forced like why? the script is so poor and yeh baccha bhi kharab acting kar raha hain. because nothing makes ANY sense! its like they saw trp for yeh rishta was high and went like- hum bhi baccha dal te hain. but for some reason they forgot how fleshy some of the stories in yeh rishta have been especially kartik and naira's struggles for and with each other for viewers to be invested in their and the child's struggle. yahan toh koi struggle hi nahi hain. bas bina baat k batangar hain.

Edited by tejaswiniwenham - 4 years ago

Originally posted by tejaswiniwenham

dhanak NEVER faces ANY struggles, just temporary inconveniences! nothing was ever hard in her life at all!

Par yeh roti kitna hai? Jaise saari duniya ki musibaten iske sar par gir gayi ho.

I don't expect logic from ITV show but where did this crorepati twist come in? This also makes that Akshay guy irrelevant as that guy was supposed to rich, successful - opposite of Raghu. Now the difference is gone. why even bring in the guy

Totally agree about Dhanak. She has not changed.  

Loving this Raghu - back to the original one. full of go-getter attitude. Loved the confrontation between them when he refused to explain his wealth. We know it will something as illogical as it gets but we still want to know what the CVs cooked up.

Where is mai in all this crorepati drama???

Overall, I don't think the scope for the story has expanded much with the leap. They might be able to get some freshness by moving from a chawal set to a mansion set but nothing else. Soon they will have the next leap - new generation!

Originally posted by Irshita

Par yeh roti kitna hai? Jaise saari duniya ki musibaten iske sar par gir gayi ho.

I don't expect logic from ITV show but where did this crorepati twist come in? This also makes that Akshay guy irrelevant as that guy was supposed to rich, successful - opposite of Raghu. Now the difference is gone. why even bring in the guy

Totally agree about Dhanak. She has not changed.  

Loving this Raghu - back to the original one. full of go-getter attitude. Loved the confrontation between them when he refused to explain his wealth. We know it will something as illogical as it gets but we still want to know what the CVs cooked up.

Where is mai in all this crorepati drama???

Overall, I don't think the scope for the story has expanded much with the leap. They might be able to get some freshness by moving from a chawal set to a mansion set but nothing else. Soon they will have the next leap - new generation!

yaar main maanti hoon ki itv aur logic ka koi connection nahi hain. but atleast thoda sa toh sense hona chahiye where we can follow the main character's motivation is. dhanak's motivation is to keep raghu away from their son because...

and uske liye woh kuch bhi kar legi...kisi aur se shaadi bhi. and the justification is that she's now a mother and has to do whats best for her son...what IS best for her son? and why does she get to decide that when she was so against whatever savitri wanted for raghu? because she is 'right' and savitri was not? 

akshay is here for either two reasons- a) because abrar is done with this rubbish and they need new hero and they think trp badhegi with new hero OR b) maya chali gayi toh third angle lane k liye. i have a serious problem with both. trp is low not because of chemistry not working but because of story being bad. these two new comers had 1.7-1.5 trp. now its at 1. its because the story is garbage. and if it is b) then heres the thing. for the third angle to work you need to believe in the love story of two people. i believe in raghu's love. i didnt think for one nano second that raghu would ever marry maya but i just DONT believe in dhanak's love. In this entire story i only believed her love for 2 episodes- when she kidnapped raghu from the mandap. other than that never. so i do think she is fully capable of cheating. so with such little faith in one of the two people in a coupledom, third angles dont work to do anything other than reflect VERY poorly on the heroine- she is simply disloyal and superficial. she values superficial things- how raghu looks and dresses and his education. these should have been an issue before you decide to have a child with someone. not afterwards. especially since ppl know that raghu did nothing wrong. 

but enlighten me- ARE THEY DIVORCED? AND WHY DOESNT RAGHU KNOW ABOUT THAT?!?

They are not divorced. There was no mention of divorce plus she still answers to her married name - principal called her Dhanak Jadhav 

Height of stupidity - getting ready to married when she is already married. Plus how does her getting married take away Raghu’s rights as a father???? Police and legal gyan kahan gaya???

one scene she is saying yum Raghu ko nahin jaante, then this. Did she get some amnesia??? Will Raghu let her get married to anyone else especially if it will trample over his parenting rights?

Originally posted by Irshita

They are not divorced. There was no mention of divorce plus she still answers to her married name - principal called her Dhanak Jadhav 

Height of stupidity - getting ready to married when she is already married. Plus how does her getting married take away Raghu’s rights as a father???? Police and legal gyan kahan gaya???

one scene she is saying yum Raghu ko nahin jaante, then this. Did she get some amnesia??? Will Raghu let her get married to anyone else especially if it will trample over his parenting rights?

This is what i mean with inconsistencies. Its to the point that it makes the serial hard to follow. She was police right? Toh shaadi shuda hote huwe dusri shaadi gunah hain...she doesnt know this? Worst police ever. Thus in any court akshay will not be recognized as raunak's stepfather or dhanak's husband. Only raghu will. 

And without divorce kaheka custody? Its like they're trying to show a reverse yeh rishta situation...but even there they acknowledge the need for divorce. Here toh just kuch bhi. And even with akshay, it literally doesnt change the fact that raghu is richer and more able to provide for raunak. Given that akshay's livelihood depends on...well raghu...so does dhanak's. Agar raghu ne nikal diya toh dono hi unemployed. This is all...dumb. dhanak is...just dumb.

Dhanak is not dumb.. even if raghu remove her from his job.. she can still survive .. even akshay is not need as per the character which was introduced in the initial show.. now they have made her just like abla nari who needs someone.. because nobody likes strong character or lead.. plus no one support female character if she is strong independent.. mostly all like girls falling for boys and be a yes lady.. if Raghu says come home then she had to listen. Or else ever one will bash her.. her life was different but after Raghu came to her life it changed.. it was both good bad.. because story should be there.. but then Dhanak story stopped it was only Mai with Maya or sakhi or Maya Raghu.. then Bharat then tourturing Dhanak which no one is ever.. Raghu said I killed Preeti who was like a daughter to her.. but few I read that y she is accusing Raghu.. sometimes I really feel suprised to read this . Y can't Dhanak have values.. y can't she say no .. y can't she can think for herself.. y is that we always want to support male lead.. but yes Raghu is a good person that's y she still loves him .. but only a strong woman who is not self centred will give away her love for her child.. though Raghu is good but never forget Mai is there who may try to give wrong upbringing for her child.. I like one line given to Dhanak that for her child she has to be strong.. regarding marriage to Akshay.. I know again many will bash dhanak but many would have forgotten that Raghu was ready to marry Maya also and then was thinking Dhanak will save her.. but that was the best episode.. first time PH thought from Dhanaks angle for Raghu.. or else her pain emotions r not even shown in this show..  wish the makers had shown more of Dhanak and Raghu journey their happiness their pain their understanding . But I can see only Mai Raghu journey here more.. Dhanak character becomes the soft target for bashing

Originally posted by adinats07

Dhanak is not dumb.. even if raghu remove her from his job.. she can still survive .. even akshay is not need as per the character which was introduced in the initial show.. now they have made her just like abla nari who needs someone.. because nobody likes strong character or lead.. plus no one support female character if she is strong independent.. mostly all like girls falling for boys and be a yes lady.. if Raghu says come home then she had to listen. Or else ever one will bash her.. her life was different but after Raghu came to her life it changed.. it was both good bad.. because story should be there.. but then Dhanak story stopped it was only Mai with Maya or sakhi or Maya Raghu.. then Bharat then tourturing Dhanak which no one is ever.. Raghu said I killed Preeti who was like a daughter to her.. but few I read that y she is accusing Raghu.. sometimes I really feel suprised to read this . Y can't Dhanak have values.. y can't she say no .. y can't she can think for herself.. y is that we always want to support male lead.. but yes Raghu is a good person that's y she still loves him .. but only a strong woman who is not self centred will give away her love for her child.. though Raghu is good but never forget Mai is there who may try to give wrong upbringing for her child.. I like one line given to Dhanak that for her child she has to be strong.. regarding marriage to Akshay.. I know again many will bash dhanak but many would have forgotten that Raghu was ready to marry Maya also and then was thinking Dhanak will save her.. but that was the best episode.. first time PH thought from Dhanaks angle for Raghu.. or else her pain emotions r not even shown in this show..  wish the makers had shown more of Dhanak and Raghu journey their happiness their pain their understanding . But I can see only Mai Raghu journey here more.. Dhanak character becomes the soft target for bashing

Hey! so nice to have some engagement here! now coming to the comment- dhanak's intelligence is fleeting at best. we will have to agree to disagree on that. it comes in one second and is overtaken by naivety in the next. there are MANY instances of that- one example being when she knows maayi's truth one second and decides to trust her the very next second. but yes, she is educated and i am sure very able to get a job if raghu kicks her out- even in this karki economy. but getting a job takes time. and unemployed women do not get custody of a child. raghu just needs to utilise that 1 week time frame that she would remain unemployed to get custody on the basis of inability to provide- or at the very least shared custody. 

now coming to the second part of audience not liking strong and independent women. now whether dhanak was ever an independent woman is debatable. if you have been following the show since the beginning, i cannot remember a single mission that she completed as police or a trainee that didnt require her to rely on raghu. can you? if you give me one instance, i will concede. 

as for the audience not liking strong and independent women, if you see the current shows that are working in trp- shakti- the story of a mother providing and raising 3 children without needing a man, choti sardarni- girl who is a victim of honour killing fighting to birth her child, naira in yeh rishta- single mother who didnt rely on a man to raise her child when her husband pretty much questioned her character and her child's paternity. none of them are shown to be reliant on a man to accomplish their goals and they're all trp winners. even if you look at diya aur baati- it had super high ratings and sandhya definitely wore the pants in that relationship. i think its about how strength is portrayed. 

one of my favourite tv characters was dr sonakshi in kuch rang pyaar k aise bhi- she also didnt want to share custody of her child with her man-child husband. but i 100% supported her because she was fighting for something fundamental- self-respect. dhanak's character- idk what she is fighting for other than ego. raghu has moved the world for her self-respect and there was never an incident where he disrespected her for no fault of her own. he killed preeti yes, but that was by accident. she knows that. acknowledged that in her own monologue- even forgiven him for that. he didnt go there to do gundagardi. and he hasnt done gundagardi in a long time. so her constant lectures just seem hollow. it is not a moral dilemma because raghu doesnt lack the morals or principles she touts about. she just doesnt trust him, at all. i can give you many incidences of this mistrust. which brings me to conclude that she NEVER loved him. it was not her choice to marry him, but it was her choice to accept this marriage. she should not have done that if she was incapable of trusting him. we are responsible for our own choices no?

as for ppl liking girls who are 'yes lady'- i personally think dhanak has always been a 'yes lady', just not with raghu. for other men- her puppa and akshay- she seems very much like a yes lady. and honestly, i dont need her to be a 'yes lady'- she can deny raghu. infact she should have in the very beginning denied him. but she CANNOT deny raghu access to his son. that doesnt fall within her jurisdiction. especially a child conceived in marriage and not post divorce. as for her life changing, if we are really going to assess- whose life changed more after they met? dhanak or raghu? dhanak still did everything she ever wanted to do- raghu changed his whole world for her. this was a critical flaw in the writing. the changes in dhanak's life was so little compared to what raghu has done for her that its literally laughable. its like hearing a guy complaining about new wife taking more space in his cupboard when she's just left her home and family to start a life with him. you just cannot take that seriously. 

as for dhanak's values- they are also very inconsistent and change with her mood. when she wants raghu she's willing to forget about maayi's drug case, but now she wants to keep her son to herself so raghu is a gunda and she's anti-crime. what values of hers did raghu go against that she wants to keep rounak away from him? and its not about preeti- as i mentioned she clearly doesnt care about that. and ofcourse marrying akshay for her child is not self-centered, but what is it? its not the best option for rounak to be away from his father. and before you say- oh but maayi is there and dhanak is trying to keep him away from maayi- thats not true. she has never been worried about maayi taking rounak away from her. her worry has always been raghu being a bad influence. if she knows he's a good person then why all this drama? 

and accha chalo maan lete hain, this is some great sacrifice and not an unnecessary ego drive. but atleast show her as someone who has some sensitivities. even women who cheat their husbands dont look so excited to see divorce papers as she was yesterday. it was distasteful. raghu agreed to marry maya but not for one second did i believe that he would follow through. even if dhanak didnt stop him, i dont think he would've married maya. because i as an audience BELIEVE in raghu's love. i just dont believe in dhanak's. nobody does. thats why the trp is bad. dhanak's ego is more important than raghu and even rounak now. i acknowledge that its because of the story being a pile of garbage. but as the audience i can only react to what i see and not cut dhanak slack for what could have been if her character was not poorly portrayed. and from what i see, she's an ego maniac who only cares about her own definition of right and wrong without any regards to anyone else around her- including her husband and child. thats not my definition of strong independent woman. maayi is a strong independent woman- whatever she does, sahi or galat, she does it on her own, including raising her son whilst keeping her horrible husband away. dhanak is an ego maniac without a cause. its a very good trait for ips and military but doesnt work in relationships which require nuance.