Karan Deol Reveals Heart-wrenching Details, Humiliated & Bullied by h

Posted: 4 years ago

Sunny Deol's Son Karan Deol Reveals Heart-wrenching Details, Was Smacked Down by a Gang of Boys, Humiliated and Bullied by his Teacher

Karan Deol has Revealed Heartbreaking incidents and the cons of being a Star-kid...

Once when I didn’t do well in an assignment, in the middle of the class, a teacher came up to me and said, ‘You’re only capable enough to write your dad’s cheques, and nothing else - says Karan Deol

Karan Deol made his Bollywood debut opposite Sahher Bambaa in his father's directorial venture Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas. In a recent interview the actor spoke about his childhood memories of school and what the flip side of being a star kid has been.

"The first memory I have of school, was when in 1st grade, we had a sports competition and I was taking part in a race. I was standing there, when suddenly a few older boys surrounded me. One of them lifted me up, and in front of everyone, smacked me down. He then asked me, ‘Are you sure you’re Sunny Deol’s son? You can’t even fight back’.

I was so embarrassed.It didn’t get any easier from there. Most kids would either judge me or make fun of me, and even the teachers were the same."

He further went on to narrate another incident, "Once when I didn’t do well in an assignment, in the middle of the class, a teacher came up to me and said, ‘You’re only capable enough to write your dad’s cheques, and nothing else.’ I was heartbroken...My mom was my only support through all of this, she’d keep telling me, ‘They’re saying these things because that’s how they are as people, it says nothing about you.’ And that kept me going."

It was tough but I had to stand up for myself, and answer back instead of giving up and backing down. I had to understand that no one else, but only I had the right to decide my worth. I think my turning point was when my school was hosting a talent competition, and I decided to take part. I realised that this was a chance to prove myself. I spent night after night, preparing a rap -- because that’s the only thing I knew I was good at.

On the day, I remember walking up on that stage, and there was a sea of people, with all eyes on me. But I took a deep breath, and performed my heart out. All the years of being bullied, of being ridiculed, of being identified as nothing else but ‘Sunny Deol’s son’, came out when I was up on that stage. The audience was thoroughly enjoying and roaring along too -- I felt so liberated; like I’d finally broken free from the shackles.

It took time, but that moment changed my life. I realized that sometimes, it doesn’t take people, and situations, to make your life better. It takes a strong belief in yourself, the power to see yourself for who you are, and not the way others want you to be. You’re not made to fit into moulds, you’re made to create your own identity -- one that’s unlike anybody else’s.”

Awwww...I hope he went back to his AC room and cried his heart out while his maid cooked a good therapeutic meal for him....Heartbreaking indeed!!!😭

His mother was right. It says a lot about the kids and the teacher .Bullying has negative impact and kids are specially vulnerable. Shame on the teacher. 

So many cases of kids/teens suicide are reported due to bullying.  

Originally posted by cricketfan1

Awwww...I hope he went back to his AC room and cried his heart out while his maid cooked a good therapeutic meal for him....Heartbreaking indeed!!!😭

Being rich has nothing to do with being bullied and suicide. A lot of rich people especially men commit suicide. Its the most common killer among men under 40 in UK

Originally posted by PriyankFan12

Being rich has nothing to do with being bullied and suicide. A lot of rich people especially men commit suicide. Its the most common killer among men under 40 in UK

I agree...that's why I hoped he took some comfort from those unavoidable riches! 

Rich people and their problem. Such a hard life💔

Seems like people here don't realize the ever lasting stem-cell level deeply rooted multiple affects of Bullying that ranges from depersonalization, low or no self worth, absence of sense of belonging & sense of pleasure from overall life, isolation, depression, chronic anxitey and post traumatic stress disorder which tortutes the victim every minute of their life if left untreated (in most cases) even if you r rich, it affects everyone with similar intensity. BULLYING IS A HYNEOUS CRIME as victims suffers lifelong from the after effects.

He does look n sound under confident and probably all the trauma caused by the constant bullying is the cause for it.

You never know. I know he is not a great actor but somehow this article comes across as genuine. Even in his promo interviews, Sunny said that the first reaction of him and his wife as his parents were, "Are you sure you want to do this?".  

There are guys who are more sensitive than badass like say Tiger Shroff (who tries hard to come across unconvincingly as shy and gentlemanly in his interviews).  

While I doubt that all teachers and students were this way to him, it can be possible he had had a few such experiences. 

Originally posted by Sanya.91

Seems like people here don't realize the ever lasting stem-cell level deeply rooted multiple affects of Bullying that ranges from depersonalization, low or no self worth, absence of sense of belonging & sense of pleasure from overall life, isolation, depression, chronic anxitey and post traumatic stress disorder which tortutes the victim every minute of their life if left untreated (in most cases) even if you r rich, it affects everyone with similar intensity.BULLYING IS A HYNEOUS CRIME as victims suffers lifelong from the after effects.

i agree but problem is are such things even bullying ...eka dukka incident toh ho jaatein hain