Ranveer Singh and Zoya Akhtar to team up once again after Gully Boy.

Posted: 4 years ago

EXCLUSIVE: Ranveer Singh and Zoya Akhtar to team up once again after Gully Boy

After delivering two very loved films like Dil Dhadakne Do and Gully Boy, Zoya has got Ranveer on board for her next directorial again; read details inside.

Written By Nayandeep Rakshit  Mumbai  Published: September 23, 2019 02:18 PM  5720 reads  0 comments

Everyone who's worked on Gully Boy must be really overwhelmed. The film has been selected as India's official entry for the Oscars this year. Zoya has even exclaimed that it's been a 'crazy' few weeks for her because the Oscar news came a few weeks after her Lust Stories was shortlisted for the Emmy's. Now, Zoya has already started putting her next project together. A source, close to the director, tells us, "Zoya has always been criticised for making elitist movies. She proved everyone wrong when she made Gully Boy. Now, she's writing another script in a similar space and milieu. But it's a gangster drama that she has been planning for sometime now."

The first idea is ready and has been okayed by an A-list actor. "Zoya has offered the gangster flick to her favourite Ranveer Singh already. He has heard the concept and is really keen on doing it as well. He has verbally given his nod and this will be his third film with Zoya after Dil Dhadakne Do and Gully Boy."

They are also looking at a particular date they can roll the film. "Ranveer is currently wrapping up Kabir Khan's 83 and also has YRF's Jayeshbhai Jordaar lined up. He has to kickstart Karan Johar's Takht from February next year as well. So they are currently figuring out dates from which they can go on floors with the gangster saga." We tried talking to Ranveer's team for a confirmation and this story will be updated once we get a revert from them. 

Credits: Pinkvilla

Ranveer Singh: Zoya Akhtar's Muse 😍 

Three films with him in a row. Wow. 

Hope this works out... I love Zoya RS combo n all the characters she gave him kabir n murad❀️

KatVeer shippers are already praying since both , Kat and Ranveer, are close to Zoya. 

Alia might lobby again. 

Originally posted by GrumpyTheCat

KatVeer shippers are already praying since both , Kat and Ranveer, are close to Zoya. 

Alia might lobby again. 

Katrina will most probably bag it.

I want VeerKat onscreen pairing to happen but I don't want to get my hopes high.

Edited by Peek-A-Boo - 4 years ago

Dream team. Can't wait.  Gangstar!! 🀩🀩 

Masand earlier this year did say that she is working on the script with Ranveer in mind. Nayandeep's article stated he will update it once Ranveer's team denies the rumour, no denial from his spokesperson means there is something. His spokesperson usually denies rumours with no basis.

As much as I want Ranveer to do more out and out commercial movies, ZoVeer combo always makes me soft since she always brings something different out of him. Different genres, different types of roles... 

Edited by Melissaa - 4 years ago

Originally posted by MercurialMedusa

Katrina will most probably bag it.

Reshma is gonna have a hard time πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Originally posted by GrumpyTheCat

Reshma is gonna have a hard time πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Aloo is a serious contender... But I feel if Jaanu manages to impresses Zoya in that short film they are doing together she has a strong chance too... At this point everyone is lobbying. πŸ˜‚