Saand Ki Aankh-Official Trailer|Taapsee Pannu, Bhumi Pednekar|Diwali

Posted: 4 years ago

Liked.

Body language-wise Bhumi was better. 

Much better than the teaser. Miscue in Prosthetics clearly visible. 

I understand acting is about playing characters and all, But I wish they casted someone else. Tapsee and bhumi lack  spark. There is something off about them. 

I really liked the trailer. Wish they had casted someone older for the parts. Such great meaty roles for older actresses this would have been. Both are good but I felt Bhumi was better than Taapsee. She felt more convincing (accent, mannerisms and body language) than Taapsee.  

Not really convincing act as old women. Taapsee was bad. Bhumi still doable. Should have got Shabhana Azmi and some other actress that age. Not like this movie is going to be commercial hit.

Shabana aazmi and neena gupta would have been perfect!!! This looks unconvincing!!!

Bhumi actually nailed the accent. But that makeup and body language was bad. It looks like dried egg mask on the face. Too distracting.

Like I’ve mentioned in the teaser thread Shabana and Neena gupta would have been so good or even Supriya Pathak. 

Vineet Kumar on the other hand is excellent. 

Originally posted by GrumpyTheCat

Like I’ve mentioned in the teaser thread Shabana and Neena gupta would have been so good or even Supriya Pathak. 

I really wish they had cast one of the older actors instead. We have so many talented women. We always complain that older women don't get good roles. Here we have a role tailor-made for them and they cast youngsters. Bhoomi and Tapsee are super talented and deserve good roles. But perhaps they could have played the younger versions and someone else plays the older version. It is not unheard of to have multiple actors play the same character through time. 

the last dialogue by bhumi was something👏

Originally posted by return_to_hades

I really wish they had cast one of the older actors instead. We have so many talented women. We always complain that older women don't get good roles. Here we have a role tailor-made for them and they cast youngsters. Bhoomi and Tapsee are super talented and deserve good roles. But perhaps they could have played the younger versions and someone else plays the older version. It is not unheard of to have multiple actors play the same character through time. 

Exactly. 

This was one massive opportunity missed. Audiences are more accepting than ever and this would have been perfect time to pave way for better written roles for Older Female Actresses. And the product would have been so much better than what the makers of this movie have come out with.