Piya - The Strongest FL I Have Ever Come Across on ITV

Posted: 4 years ago

As fans, we often tend to go overboard & say my favorite is the best actor/actress, the role he/she is playing is modern, fierce and the list goes on. I guess, it's not totally wrong in a sense that every character stands for something and they inspire us in their own way. I can literally write essays on my favorite characters, be it - Mauli or Aradhya or Arundhati or Suchi. But frankly, I have always liked Piya in general sense but not as someone who is inspiring or who define women's strength. Piya is a Daivik whose destiny is to destroy KS - cool. Niyati is playing the role - great.

But today's episode actually made me admire her and honestly at this point I might even hold her higher than Mauli or any other female characters.

Even the strongest people have their tipping point. But in ITV, a FL has to have an infinite amount of patience and forgiveness. At the end of the day, they have to forgive everyone.

Forgiving is beneficial for the victim in a sense that he/she gets free of the negative energy within him/her. But not uttering how they have been through hell is what makes it melodramatic.

I loved it when Piya told Ansh that 6 years of pain doesn't get vanished within one day. She might forgive him too with passing time but she can never forget the pain and suffering she had gone through earlier. For someone who could see light in the darkness & who had always chosen love over hatred - this is a huge thing. A false accusation, 6 years of loneliness and then shaming you for deciding to move on - one song and hug is not enough for that. Specially when you still have to be cajoled into doing it by your elders for your daughter. This is in no way true repentance, at least not to me.

What I loved most is that, today a woman didn't bow in front of her motherhood.

Now I know, it's a sensitive topic and many people may think that she is a disgrace in mother's name and how RiAd should never return to her and roast her on every occasion. But I don't think so. Tough love is necessary too. If a kid can choose her newfound family over her mother in a heartbeat then the mother should also give her a taste of her own medicine and give some time to realize how ADORABLE is this family that threw her out.

We go gaga over movies where at some point protagonists realize that self-love is important.

But unfortunately we are stuck with the age old idea that a mother should always choose her kids over her own happiness. Here we conveniently forget that the mother herself is a human being. In this case, we don't sympathize with her. Rather we encourage them to bear the excruciating pain of living with someone unworthy to provide better for her kids. But this is against the cardinal rule of parenting. As a parent you should teach your kids to stand up for themselves and choose the right thing. And I don't know how sacrificing yourself in the name of betterment of kids is the right thing.

I sincerely ask this question to Ansh or Rathods – Would you want Pari to get married to someone who is not respectful towards you or who doesn’t understand her regardless of kids? You definitely wouldn’t. But you have no problem to ask Piya to do the same thing because you don’t want to lose your daughter.

Pari might hate Piya for the rest of her life. But in the most difficult situation of her life, she’ll remember her mother who didn’t bow in front of anything or anyone; not even her love or her kids. She chose herself finally and that would give Pari and Adi the reminder and much needed courage to fight against any situation. But constant pampering and sentences of double meaning won’t make them better person.

Today, Piya stood out in every sense. I can honestly say, she is the best, most fierce and inspiring female character I have ever seen on ITV.

Take a bow Niyati Fatnani!!!!! You made Piya so realistic and I cried with you.

Edited by nushy1995 - 4 years ago

Completely agree with you here!!!

I wanted Pia to maintain this attitude and not forgive Ansh easily... And I am glad she didn't bow down in front of the Gathods. I am actually happy that she left that house and did not cede to VedAnsh and RiAd...

Also I loved that Pia stood up for herself and said that she can't forget the pain of those 6 years within a day... Also, I was annoyed when Ansh sang that song... Really one song and one hug is enough???

Honestly, initially I was a bit confused as to why Pia left Pari with the Gathods... But, yes I am glad that she actually did not bow down in front of her motherhood. And I am really happy for that. If Pia would have agreed to stay back at RH for the sake of her kids on Ved's persistence, I would have been really annoyed.

Pia and Niyati are definitely fantastic... And to be honest I myself feel really emotional when I see Niyati in emotional scenes.

Totally agree. Has Ansh's redemption started? I don't think so because he was ready to let Pia go even after knowing the truth and only tried when Avinash talked about Pari leaving. "You all tried, she did not stop. What can I do?" The whole family and especially Ansh is fine if Pia leaves as long as the kids stay with them. I am glad my fav cousins left this nasty selfish family. I hope they never come back. 

I couldn't believe the gall of Gadhansh and Gathods who thought pressuring Pia to stay for the kids means Piansh will be like they were before...especially VedChai. The wounds Ansh gave Pia were too deep to be forgotten after a lame song and hug. I honestly wanted to smack everyone, including Nishant, who did not speak up for Pia at all while Ved was emo blackmailing her all through out. What annoyed me even more was that these Gathod idiots thought Pia was married in Friday's episode and still were acting about how good it is to see Piansh together and how they should talk in privacy. No respect for Pia's "new relationship" at all.  She is back to being a Daivik so to hell with her new husband. She should be with DV now. Before that they were panting after Bhamu-Gadhansh. I've never seen a more selfish family in my LIFE! How TF am I supposed to like them?!

Pari is becoming unbearably obnoxious. I'm starting to dislike her scenes now. I guess all these scenes were shot before so they have not worked on toning her down yet. 

Is it just me who gets annoyed when the kids say "Yeh bade log na?" They don't understand the seriousness of what their father did so why are they meddling in their parents relationship? If this had been a MU, then I would have let it go but there is no MU, Ansh was a total donkey's butt to Pia and now he has to suffer for it. Pushing their parents together and not thinking about their mothers happiness or self respect puts a bad taste in my mouth. Don't make me dislike the kids, show, come the F on.   

Originally posted by slippery_chilka

Totally agree. Has Ansh's redemption started? I don't think so because he was ready to let Pia go even after knowing the truth and only tried when Avinash talked about Pari leaving. "You all tried, she did not stop. What can I do?" The whole family and especially Ansh is fine if Pia leaves as long as the kids stay with them. I am glad my fav cousins left this nasty selfish family. I hope they never come back. 

I couldn't believe the gall of Gadhansh and Gathods who thought pressuring Pia to stay for the kids means Piansh will be like they were before...especially VedChai. The wounds Ansh gave Pia were too deep to be forgotten after a lame song and hug. I honestly wanted to smack everyone, including Nishant, who did not speak up for Pia at all while Ved was emo blackmailing her all through out. What annoyed me even more was that these Gathod idiots thought Pia was married in Friday's episode and still were acting about how good it is to see Piansh together and how they should talk in privacy. No respect for Pia's "new relationship" at all.  She is back to being a Daivik so to hell with her new husband. She should be with DV now. Before that they were panting after Bhamu-Gadhansh. I've never seen a more selfish family in my LIFE! How TF am I supposed to like them?!

Pari is becoming unbearably obnoxious. I'm starting to dislike her scenes now. I guess all these scenes were shot before so they have not worked on toning her down yet. 

Is it just me who gets annoyed when the kids say "Yeh bade log na?" They don't understand the seriousness of what their father did so why are they meddling in their parents relationship? If this had been a MU, then I would have let it go but there is no MU, Ansh was a total donkey's butt to Pia and now he has to suffer for it. Pushing their parents together and not thinking about their mothers happiness or self respect puts a bad taste in my mouth. Don't make me dislike the kids, show, come the F on.   

Agreed 100%...

This is definitely not a redemption... At least I don't call it a redemption. A mere song and a hug is enough for Pia to forget those wounds on her heart and soul??? A big NO from my side... Also, can he do anything on his own without being forced by his family???

Well, even I am glad my favorite characters, the cousins left...

Well, on my part, I want to smack Ved and Chaitali's faces... 

Ved can do nothing except emotional blackmail... And to be honest I am really scared of Ved's emotional atyachaar!!! I was dreading that the makers might show Pia bowing down to Ved's emotional blackmail regarding the kids... But, thankfully she didn't.

And about Ved and Chaitali thinking about Piansh being together and they giving some private time to these two... Well, what else can we expect from them? These two are just... During the dahi-handi, they were excited for BhasAnsh romance without a single thought of Pia... And here, they want Pia back in RH again... Or they want the Daivik back in RH again!!!!

@bold: not only you, even I am annoyed with this... 

They don't understand the seriousness of Ansh's doings... Still they are hell bent on meddling with it. I just can't bear with them... 

That 🤔 6 years worth of.... dialogue was powerful stuff. 

Rather than Piya sacrificing the kids i would have preferred joint custody or Piya taking Riad for a couple of days.

Let's see what developments this week brings.

I couldn't believe the gall of Gadhansh and Gathods who thought pressuring Pia to stay for the kids means Piansh will be like they were before...especially VedChai. 

I have no expectation from ChaiVed. Ved I can still understand as I had commented earlier, she is the classic example of Adarsh Bhartiye Mata. At the end of the day, parents want what's best for their kids and let's be honest - without Piya, Ansh is nothing but a liability as he doesn't have his own brain, keeps weeping all the time and Ved has to do some BANDOBAST for him. So her pressurizing Piya to stay with them didn't apple me. It was Chai's horrible comedy that boiled my blood and thanks to Piya, my BP became normal again.  

What annoyed me even more was that these Gathod idiots thought Pia was married in Friday's episode and still were acting about how good it is to see Piansh together and how they should talk in privacy. No respect for Pia's "new relationship" at all.  She is back to being a Daivik so to hell with her new husband. She should be with DV now. Before that they were panting after Bhamu-Gadhansh. I've never seen a more selfish family in my LIFE! How TF am I supposed to like them?!

It's not surprising. I know Ruby was a Dayan but she was still Ansh's wife. Scrap the legal issues here. She got married to him with all rituals. But Ved Mata just declared she didn't accept the authenticity of it while she herself was doing all the rituals with them. So their disregard for any person has always been there. 

You are not the only one. Annoyance is an understatement. I am literally hating her character and it honestly pains me to write something so horrible about a kid. Kids are way smarter than we give them credit for but they are not Einstein. In the same way, there should be a boundary. 

I hate it that in ITV, people don't accommodate themselves as per the situation rather the situation is compromised to unite the leads for TRP. I can never accept Ansh back in Piya's life no matter how much they white wash him. 

Since my prayers have been answered lately, I am making one last wish that Piya makes it crystal clear to these kids that they should keep their long nose out of her business. As much as I hate YHM's current state, I can't deny that they set many examples and one such example was a heart to heart talk between Raman and Adi when Raman made it clear that he loved him and would do anything for him. But he had moved on and it would be wrong on his part to give false hope to his son. So he made it clear that he wouldn't go back to his ex and the boy had to comply. 

Now there Adi was 12, here Pari is 5. But those who have watched Grey's Anatomy or other International Shows, know very well that no matter how small kids are, don't sugarcoat it and have honest conversation with them, they'll understand. 

I really hope Piya does that.

But RiAd have been introduced to lessen the distance. So preparing for the worst. At least they should tone down Pari's dialogue and her excitement. It hurts my eyes and ears.  

Originally posted by Hallyumint

That 🤔 6 years worth of.... dialogue was powerful stuff. 

Rather than Piya sacrificing the kids i would have preferred joint custody or Piya taking Riad for a couple of days.

Let's see what developments this week brings.

Well, that would have been the most logical outcome. But they need to add spice. Let RiAd enjoy the taste of their beloved family. Sometimes, you have to be cruel enough to do the right thing. 

Honestly speaking I also loved the way pia stood up for herself...

But I so wanted her to take her children too..rather giving them to Ansh...so Ansh can suffer more...