Debate Mansion

ITV, Social issues and Forums.

SheAish thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Disclaimer: I like all posts that I read here in the forum and my threads, to acknowledge that I read them not because I specifically agree with them, but to appreciate that they took the time to post and everyone has a right to their POV. 

Please do me the favor of reading the WHOLE post before posting a reply because if you stop at the mention of Bajaj and blackmail and then reply to me, you would have totally lost my point and there would be no point in discussing here with you in that case, so please be informed and don't be offended if I don't acknowledge such replies anymore....thanks.😊

I like when members, sometimes go deeper and try and ask people to explain the totally differing POVs they have than just take things at face value . Because 1) it gives us an insight into why a person may have what ever opinion they have. 2) it gives us a perspective to who to engage in if one is interested in an actual discussion and not get involved in a round of meaningless back and forth.

Serials make a mockery of everything from law and order, marriage and rituals, religion to more pervasive and disturbing issues like rape, violence against women, violence against men, domestic abuse, child abuse and what not. I've been a social worker for years, and ITV makes me really disturbed many times with the way they have introduced and dealt with many serious social issues. Which is why Bajaj's blackmail of Pre into this marriage makes me so agitated. I have actually stayed away from ITV after I got seriously disturbed so much by another serious social issue that was handled pathetically and trivialized. I hardly follow shows anyways, but the rare times I did follow, I am afraid of how much these shows have an impact on the masses. Serials are more disturbing because they are there for years and years, 5 days a week and as human's one has to wonder how far it can go without affecting the thinking process of those that watch the shows. 

Those who discuss the shows in forums are different in the sense that they are also exposed to knowledge about issues and reality from members with different POVs. I'm more concerned for the actual masses out their watching these shows. 

I have been a silent reader of some forums on and off and one thing I realize is that the same people have totally different views about the same scenarios when it comes to their own favs in different shows. So I won't take anyone's opinions expressed here to heart. I realize its nothing personal too even if some might actually make really personal remarks it doesn't bother me as I know they know me as little as I know them and their opinion about me as a person should matter ziltch to me and vice vesa

However I have also seen when real issues are discussed, some of the most unlikely people I would have thought to have a certain way of thinking, have put forward some of the most sensible and humane arguments and it makes me realize ITV forums are the last place one should give much weightage to how one might think about serious issues in the real world despite what ever they might say regarding a serial character. 

Yaha sab maze lethey hay...And as long as they don't attack members personally, ITV shows and characters deserve to be mocked and trolled IMO because they distort and trivialize real serious issues as and when they see fit with no sense of social responsibility. And they need to be called out for that, even if to just point out a different perspective for us to think about. 

Edited by SheAish - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

Completely agree. This is the only reason why am unable to support Prerna with Bajaj this season. The blackmailing and then the hit and run case.

I am 29 now, not the 12 year old child who when watched kzk, was completely mersimerised 15 year back.

That's why I cannot support Anurag or Bajaj now.

Agreed bajaj is a negative character, but then why Anurag is supported despite the slap and stalking ?

Obsession, stalking and consent  doesn't come into the "social issues"?

Anyways, no comments on the hypocrisy I see in this forum.

SheAish thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: SnehaDoll

Completely agree. This is the only reason why am unable to support Prerna with Bajaj this season. The blackmailing and then the hit and run case.

I am 29 now, not the 12 year old child who when watched kzk, was completely mersimerised 15 year back.

Agreed bajaj is a negative character, but then why Anurag is supported despite the slap and stalking ?

I'm not sure, you are getting my post at all. Its not even about Bajaj or Anurag or Pre or who supports who or for what reason. And I also said who anyone favors or supports here have no relevance to how one might think about their actions in a real world scenario because I myself have seen it at first hand here in IF.

But since you brought out obsession, stalking here in response to my naming blackmail here, its because the way Bajaj married Pre was a planned and meditated event with zero regard for the one at the receiving end specifically Pre. And a way bigger social issue than your definition of "obsession" and "stalking" shown in the show. What was done between two people who were lovers and were isolated random things at highly emotionally traumatic times in their lives that had no relevance to them as characters who I had seen for nearly a year now. And my definition of Stalking and Obsession is very different from what is shown in this serial because I have a whole host of real such scenarios to draw up from as a social worker. 

You are welcome to your POV but please do me the favor of reading the whole post before you ask me to engage in a discussion with you. Thank you for your post nevertheless.

Peacefulmind thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

no comments on others opinion.

I stand by only my pov & i dnt encourage/ support such criminal acts either in soCiety or ITV Or forum.

As the forum has designed FoR this concept of entertinement only  So no comments on my opposite opinion, as it does not affect my thoughts & dnt affect my personnel life.

I give a benefit of doubt based on Situations Whether itS anurg or prerna or mohini eventhough they were wrong.

But when it goes extreme i will give my sour reply on characters.

My cuurent favourite is anurag as he matches to bear by of being human.

Dnt know in future how his character shapes up.

We are nomore in genre where we get mesmarized by itv shows & its leads, we watch tv shows for entertaiment +tobe socially responsible also.

SheAish thumbnail

Sorry double post

Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

This content was originally posted by: SheAish

I'm not sure, you are getting my post at all. Its not even about Bajaj or Anurag or Pre or who supports who or for what reason. And I also said who anyone favors or supports here have no relevance to how one might think about their actions in a real world scenario because I myself have seen it at first hand here in IF.

But since you brought out obsession, stalking here in response to my naming blackmail here, its because the way Bajaj married Pre was a planned and meditated event with zero regard for the one at the receiving end specifically Pre. And a way bigger social issue than your definition of "obsession" and "stalking" shown in the show. What was done between two people who were lovers and were isolated random things at highly emotionally traumatic times in their lives that had no relevance to them as characters who I had seen for nearly a year now. And my definition of Stalking and Obsession is very different from what is shown in this serial because I have a whole host of real such scenarios to draw up from as a social worker. 

You are welcome to your POV but please do me the favor of reading the whole post before you ask me to engage in a discussion with you. Thank you for your post nevertheless.

I did read your entire post. That's why My first line was that I completely agree with what you said. After pondering over it, I said  am unable to root for any character here. 

Probably I didn't make myself clear. 

Edited by SnehaDoll - 4 years ago
SheAish thumbnail

I did read your entire post. That's why My first line was that I completely agree with what you said. After pondering over it, I said  am unable to root for any character here. 

Probably I didn't make myself clear. 

Yeah you said you completely agree but you also contradicted by specifically asking why is Anurag supported despite stalking and obsession. And my post has nothing to do with who supports which character. Infact it highlights the fact that I acknowledge what one might do in a real life situation has no relevance with regards to who support what here regarding the serial.

IAdoreYou thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 8

I typed out my usual length response but it did not get posted. ðŸ¤”😆   

It's annoying on another level to write it again so I would just say, you've said something that I absolutely agree to and I couldn't agree more when you said that these shows have an impact on masses. There are kids and teens who watch TV shows and do not know how to differentiate between a fictional daily soap and real life. I get it that this is a business and people care only about making money but I am someone who believe, writers always carry a responsibility on their shoulders. I can't even call myself a writer, but just someone who has penned down quite a lot of fics and I am always so conscious about the stuff I write. It's just comes from inside that whatever I am writing should give out no message that in life, I wouldn't appreciate. It's just really very sad that in process of making money, people don't realize what sort of beliefs and stuff they are feeding young minds. 

Edited by IAdoreYou - 4 years ago
falah5 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Sneha don't you think virtual obsession, stalking happens on forums and social media where actors and shows are discussed. 

Just for a fictional character and an actor who don't even know their existence people go to the extent of spending time being obsessed with them and stalking to know what rival groups have to say.. 

Yaha toh for anurag he was literally left clueless about why and what happened. Didn't he do that to seek answers from pre.? 

Nevertheless obsession of any kind is sick to watch. But just trying to empathize why and what he did. 

Slap of any kind has to be condemned not just man to woman. Even woman to woman. Woman to man. Just recently prerna slapped shivi, but as shivi has no fans or haters nobody cares. When it comes to leads we see long discussions and justications. 

EtherealRati thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I feel this forum is not meant for discussion of social issues......its about a tv show and the people about whom we are talking are actually characters written. They aren't real and dont need to be socially correct always.  Because if we see socially....or from a neutral point of view....nobody from the three main leads is right in the show.....for me prerna is better than the other two as a human being as of now.....for others it can be anurag/bajaj. Its a personal thing.....they can choose whoever they wish to. But i hate the way people are put in spot and told so many things like.....why you like this character ?....do your moral values allow you to like this character ?....Oh you must have grown up with these values that you like this character ???......this is plain ridiculous and should not happen in my openion. Nobody got the right to do that. 

And its amusing to see how people who are all in to make others understand how the characters they like are bad and deserve hate but themselves ignore the wrong deeds by the character they love. They have problens with people defending their favourites but they will defend their own favourites with all guns blazing including mocking real people. People who accuse others of being biased are themselves biased with their openions on this forum.  Plain hypocrisy exists here......in such kind of hypocrisy, i personally dont look for social discussions.