Bahu Begum

Sep 12 : Make Way For Advocate Shaira

NoraSM thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Episode starts with women informing Razia that the case is against her and it was filed by her 2nd daughter in law Noor. Razia leaves the chair for Suraiya, Suraiya sits in the chair of chairperson. 

Noor is asked to explain her side of the story, Shaira stops Noor and pulls out a chair for Razia, wipes it with her jacket and asks Razia to sit in it. Suraiya intervenes saying that a criminal can't sit in the chair, Shaira stops Suraiya saying that Razia is an accuse not a criminal, and this is not a court where they can convict anyone of any crime. 

Can't they? Court has a responsibility, court will listen to both sides and give a decision on merit but there's no accuse in public trial, there's a convict and a victim, conviction or victim hood depends upon preconceived notion of the person who is giving the verdict. If I hear about a domestic violence case, I immediately hate the man who did this because how can a woman lie about something like this when she knows what other women go through? We are not irresponsible, are we? 

Noor starts with her testimony, she says that she has been tortured in her house since she got married to Azaan, she has evidence of it and Dilruba brings a white board with projector. Noor tells them about Azaan breaking the mirror, she lies that she was compared to Shaira during Mu dikhai, Azaan didn't eat her first rasoi and gave it to Billo Rani. 

Azaan gets angry and asks Noor to stop lying, Shaira tries to stop him but he is out of control, Noor acts terrifies and asks Azaan not to be mad at her, Suraiya uses this as an opportunity to show how Azaan is a wrong man, Razia says that they are not only insulting Azaan but they are questioning Razia's values. 

Woman in the forum says that it's not about the values she has imparted in Azaan, it is about nature of men, if he was a good man, he wouldn't have been in a polygamous relationship like his father. Razia loses her control and says that Azaan is not like his father, he didn't marry for his lust, he married for his love, he married to protect a woman's something I didn't understand, Razia announces that they will be leaving now as people here are more interested in a tamasha than justice. If Noor wants then she can take them to the court. 

Shaira stops them, she says that she can't give them more ammunition than they already have to use against her family. Azaan and Razia sit down, Noor continues that Azaan humiliated her in the office in front of his staff too. 

Women start questioning Razia and Shaira says that she will answer all the questions as she was promised that she will get a chance to reply. 

Shaira says that Azaan didn't eat Noor's Sheer khurma but he tastes it, during Mu dikhai when everyone was waiting for Noor, Noor came down in her night suit. Suraiya intervenes saying that how is this wrong when Razia and Shaira do not cover their faces? Shaira replies that everyone is free to wear whatever they want to do, Razia has never put a restriction on them, Razia and Shaira do not cover their faces but they don't resort to cheapness like Noor. Anyway, they are talking about a ritual where covering face is important, how can there be MU dikhai, if Noor won't cover her face? 

Shaira points to a lady sitting among the group of women, and says that she was there when it happened, is Shaira lying? The lady replies that Shaira is telling the truth, she was there and she is surprised that whatever happened in that ritual is being presented in this way.. 

Upcoming - 

Shaira asks Noor to tell them under which circumstances Azaan married her, Noor asks Shaira not to open old wounds to which Shaira replies that Noor is doing this, not Shaira. 

There was a survey in 2018,  where India was ranked as the most dangerous place for women, it is of course matter of perception and depends on the basis of survey questions and data analysis but we can not shy away from accepting that crimes against women are rising exponentially in India. There has to be accountability among women that they do not abuse these laws which are there to help women who are victims of harassment and domestic violence 

In this show, Noor tortured Shaira mentally and physically for days, that whole phase which forced Shaira into losing or giving up on her husband has been reduced to Noor taking advantage of Shaira's goodness, at least it is being acknowledged as wrong but sexual harassment on Azaan by Noor is being sidestepped as seduction, not keeping in mind that a man's respect and dignity is as important as a woman's respect and dignity. 

When Khalid physically assaulted Noor, none had any expectations of decent behavior of Noor towards Khalid because it is not possible for a victim to be nice to her perpetrator, but expectations from Shazaan is that they have to help and respect a woman who has ruined their lives. 

More than Shaira, Azaan is under radar because he is a man, a man should always respect women, can't we see them as two individuals where one is wrong and one is right? I wouldn't respect an individual like Noor, regardless of her gender 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NoraSM thumbnail

Special Mention :

EDIT - 

Shazaan and Razia holding hands in court, I don't how I forgot this but it was a beautiful scene, Azaan was being accused of being a man who doesn't respect women and both women in his life, his mother and wife defended his integrity as a man ❤️❤️❤️

I liked this Shaira and loved how Azaan was looking at her with pride when she got a seat for Razia. This is the girl from first week 💓💓💓 who stood up against wrong. 

I really hope she will understand that Noor is not good or a child doing Bachpana, she is an evil woman. 

Edited by NoraSM - 4 years ago
kooki07 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

thanks Nora for the wu and hoping to see Shaira s realisation between right and wrong.

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: kooki07

thanks Nora for the wu and hoping to see Shaira s realisation between right and wrong.

Kooki 🤗🤗

Shaira knows what is right and wrong that's why she supported Azaan and Razia today, she has to realize that Noor is not being manipulated by Suraiya, it is Shaira who has been psychologically manipulated by Noor 

The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Special Mention :

EDIT - 

Shazaan and Razia holding hands in court, I don't how I forgot this but it was a beautiful scene, Azaan was being accused of being a man who doesn't respect women and both women in his life, his mother and wife defended his integrity as a man ❤️❤️❤️

I liked this Shaira and loved how Azaan was looking at her with pride when she got a seat for Razia. This is the girl from first week 💓💓💓 who stood up against wrong. 

I really hope she will understand that Noor is not good or a child doing Bachpana, she is an evil woman. 

All this Nora!  It was a precious family moment. ❤️smiley27smiley27

Will give my views regarding the episode later...

Edited by The_May_Rose - 4 years ago
fria319 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I just finished watching today's episode.  👏@ Strong Shaira making a come back.  I'm glad she defended Azaan & Razia.  Why doesn't she do this at home? Is it just because this is a public place and Razia & Azaan are now being humiliated in public? 

Why are the writers making her pick and choose when she should be Shaira, the one who stands up for people and fights injustice, and Shaira, the guilt-ridden doormat to Noor? Why is it only important for Shaira to speak up when its a public issue, when Azaan's (& Razia's) character is being demolished, but not at home when Noor started all of this anyway. 

I understand exactly what is driving her decisions and actions - guilt. But, if she thinks this is injustice to Azaan & Razia, therefore the reason why she defended them, why does she not think guilt-tripping her husband into marrying another woman is not an injustice, when he clearly had stated he didn't want to? 

If after this, she still tries to push Noor and Azaan closer, I feel like I'm going to have a fit. LOL. 

kooki07 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

aria you are not the only one we are all fedup by Shaira always want to push Noor in her place for Azaan and Razia , she will not realise her mistake until she will not taste her own medicine. 

The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

So this episode was all about N attacking Razia Begum and Azaan reputation to win the war for love or husband's respect? 🤔  There is no logic to her actions; just a point explaining to the audience how she will continue to blackmail everyone to retain her position... First her target victim was Shayra, now Razia Begum and Azaan...

Azaan should not be forced into an unwanted relation or have to tolerate unwanted attention/touch from Noor, just because he is her husband.  I also hope the writers do not shy away from the stating, that consent is required from a man too.  Naturally we all want justice for any woman suffering domestic voilence etc but there are countless cases of men being wrongfully accused and convinced of crimes, as well as being forced into relationship... It happens and it is equally wrong as when men force their will on a women.

The 'Bhopal Women's Rights Forum' was an insult to actual NGOs and Surraya sitting on the chairperson's seat was a conflict of interest too.  That was not a fair and impartial hearing but this is a serial so we have to ignore such things.  I think the BWRF can only advice and offer support but not actually inforce any action or law...

That creature has no shame... To betray and humiliate her Bari Ammi and childhood friend is just sickening... One relief, Shayra is now supporting her family and not that snake... Loved how ShaZaan and RB are shown as a family unit.

Edited by The_May_Rose - 4 years ago