Posted: 4 years ago

SPM ~My Musings 11.9.19 ~ Bitter fruits !

Life is a basket of mixed fruits. Some sweet, some bland, some  sour and some bitter, depending on the type of fruit. Generally my preference is juicy, its value to health.  However the episode deals with a major developmental change in the Shah household which  is nothing short of some residents having to eat bitter fruits. To my mind, apart from Zaroon’s reaction at seeing Saltanat’s face change, Nadeem’s reaction too is note-worthy. 

Nadeem reacts to the face change as being one with negative consequences. Saltanat’s original face to him that bore the stamp of the Shah twin girls, not just Saltanat but Kainat as well. The face change effects teeters  into his and Rubina’s personal lives too. One of the twin’s face, the Saltanat face, was the daughter who came into their barren lives, courtesy of Zainab’s graciousness.Now Nadeem as a doting , possessive father part blames his daughter's blind love.Her bending over backwards to get with Zaroon, she has given up her all! Self-respect,family values and now even her unique original Shah features! But finally Nadeem dumps the complete blame on  useless, irresponsible Zaroon! Even till now Zaroon begrudges his Saltanat, for marrying Zaroon, literally against the whole hearted wishes of the family.

Rubina’s , maternal along with her responsible with good sense wife, contains her husband. She is more realistic in her mindset and believes in taking both the bitter and sweet things in life.She veers  Nadeem into seeing the positive outlook where Saltanat attempts to make a fresh start in her marriage,rather then just thinking about the negative aspects of Saltanat doing away with her old face! Rubina  pleads before Nadeem to support their children both Zaroon and  Saltanat in their efforts to make a go oftheir marriage. I also wondered, if as a father, deep down he can sense that this posing Saltanat is not really who she claims. In fact he is miffed with Zaroon,as it is, that he is still searching for the vanished Kainat! Rubina thinks like a mother who takes it upon herself to back Saltanat in this huge change,which her daughter accepts rather cheerfully and without any problem.

One thing can be said about the twins that they both believe in taking things to very bitter end! Kainat is bursting in the  seams with Zaroon in  every part of her body. Her lust makes her gloat at the extent she can go through, to complete her action of taking Saltanat’s place in Zaroon’s life! The mirror beholds her preened persona ready  to entice her mate. But old habits die hard..Flippantly she chops and changes her appearance from Kainat to Saltanat! She is in total control of her predicament! Just a matter of putting on the specs, pulling the chunni on her head makes her become herself!  Specs and chunni off!  Transforms her into a brand new veneer of Saltanat! Before Zaroon realizes, what bitter fruit he has tasted!  She would have done her inherent deceptive deed! It’s almost as if she tells her Saltanat reflection in the mirror, that she is the con queen of Shah dynasty!

Another flavour that runs through the episode is what keeps families together? One sees another much loved faith festival of inviting Ganpati into their home, gives reason to keep the Sharma’s  together. For Madhav, we see again , It’s hard for him to relate to deities  due to receiving no justice  from them ,in Sakshi’s matter. But Indu’s positive intervention of reminding him , that Ganpati  is known for his magnanimity, his justice, hence who knows during his stay,the divinity might restore Kainat’s scattered memory?  and on his departure rid them of Sakshi’s saga forever!

In the Shah’s household the doing away with memories of her old self, is one method of bringing her new family role in her family. Kainat ensures, new moments are captured. Permanently put in place  by a revised set of her family life’s memories! Why does it feel to Zaroon, the poses, are enforced   and contrived? without much substance!

His scenes with Saltanat  too, rather than truly bringing them together are ceremonious. It’s like he jumps through the hoops to please Nadeem and to deliver hugs and close proximity  only to keep his wife content. Zaroon’s husband act is really a sham, even cunning Kainat can sense it! but Zaroon fails to ascertain it's not about Saltanat’s face, but its about a rather faulty misconnection between his soul and this new look Saltanat!

Those red bangles of a woman, symbolic of a married woman, Kainat  deceives  Zaroon into sliding down her wrists.. in preparation of being one with him at last!

The real Saltanat ends up tasting bitter fruits of something she  is not guilty of!  She too wears red bangles for a faith festival. She is a wife whose rightful place has been robbed by her own flesh and blood whose identity  is copied and pasted upon her!

There are those who ensure that despite the arrival and stay  of Ganpati  in their home, bitter fruits are eaten by the family instead of spiritual fruits. Sneha’s cladding Kainat’s  in Madhav’s first wife’s, gold sari, does not go unnoticed by   Madhav.Only  he coldly allows her to pass by him on her way down to the worship. Sneha ,waits for an infuriated explosion from Madhav’s side. But other than that, another issue comes up, where Kainat is drawn into doing Ganpati veneration  on the sincere behest of Krish! He sees nothing wrong or out of place.

But Sneha is out to make it look like a blasphemous act! Before Kainat  begins , the veneration,  the plate is swiftly taken out of her hand by bossy boots  Madhav ! who orders her to leave!   Plus insults Kainat  by glaring at her sari  they are not married! so she’d better  not act as if she is his wife !! Kashish feels humiliated she protests, gives him lip! She is not one to take things lying down! retorts, he treats her like his personal property!  Why should she listens to his orders? But before he follows her, Madhav takes his mother and sister,to task  for causing premeditated sacrilegious act! He reiterates , that yes Kainat is his culprit!  But not her faith! He warns his mother and sister, that apart from worshipping one’s gods, the onus lies on the believers also, to show esteem  towards those from other faiths!  Madhav  is one open-minded person , who clearly practices, live and let live! I speculate, thus was Sakshi hated even more because she had illicit relationship with a Muslim man?  Naveed .

There is a conspiracy clearly about which Kainat is unaware off . The sari she wore! and why she was stopped from veneration in worship unlike others!  

There is a method in why  things  pan out they way they do? Sneha  tries to create trouble through the sari, sure thing it infuriates Madhav!  But good old young tiger Krish initiates something else! Things take a turn for some astounding truths between Kashish and Madhav ! Kainat’s rage! her tears! her questions regarding his horrendous attitude towards her! He is  no different from the rest of his cruel family! Forces  Madhav  to defend himself! and tell her a few home truths!

Madhav feeds her memory ! The reason why she was stopped from carrying out veneration  was due to her being of a different faith!  Madhav’s  hard heart clearly softens. He himself tells her a key segment of her identity that is sure to make an impact on her. Kashish  is a Muslim ! Madhav also is honest about the hate his family  harbours towards her, due to the religious intolerance they show towards those with other faiths. Will  Kainat  see ?? that this rude man! Rather be known as an agnostic! than one with  faith who manipulates faith  to differentiate between peoples on the basis of their colour, caste, creed. For had  Madhav  too, been biased  and bigoted he would not have shown compassion towards her.. Which common world faiths teach in their scriptures .. To be merciful towards each other!

In a fit of temper Saltanat feels all the more isolated and excluded! Shell shocked! She once more seesred! As far as Madhav  is concerned! She orders him to take her back from whence he brought her ! seeing he has some problems with her! Enraged he bellows . So much for  showing gratitude for one who  saved her life from her own family! Viola! Rude  Madhav! In a fit of temper one more time turns her memory button to on! Saltanat sees, alarming images of falling through the  roof!  Past images that  torture her with excruciating pain! She press her temples! and  Madhav sees light at the end of thetunnel!  He orders her to switch off from the present world!  to focus on her past!  Any thing? Any one one?  Saltanat sees feathers , herself with Zaroon and she  calls out   Zaroon!

Zaroon once again holds his fake Saltanat’s hands and  promises to fulfil unkept promises.Kainat’s victim Zaroon! begins to fall in her trap! and soon wicked Kainat will have him for keeps ! in place of that much hated Saltanat!

Zaroon! is Saltanat’s memory kick starting?? Will Kainat finally consummate her much fantasized  moment with Zaroon? On hearing Zaroon ‘s name  Madhav   Sharma  face specutales  was Zaroon her love?  12.8.19 hamlet53

Thanks lonelythots, Irshita and Esha for making the musings more interesting with your views love hammie,

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Was waiting eagerly for your take on the episode.

Quite frankly I dont get Zaroon anymore and slowly I am starting not to bother also. How in goodness name can Zaroon "feel" Saltanat outside the house and in crowded places, but he fails to "feel " the person infront of him.....I mean how ?! What type of Sufiyaana Pyaar is this ??? Or am I asking too much ? The makers continue to give mixed signals. Kainat is really out and despo to take Saltanats place in Zaroons life and the Shah household.....for this time, I feel Zaroon will back away from Kainat maybe after hearing Saltanats scream of his name.....u know the connection type of thing. Lets see how long he resists.

Than we have the Sharma circus with ringmaster Sneha and assistant Indu. Why does Sneha always hv to create drama to get her way ???? She is slowly becoming tht one character I'd rather see going instead of coming. Dirty kitchen politics she is playing.

Another thing : now tht its clear tht Madhav had or has a wife, the next question is : where is she ??? Is she dead ??? Is she alive ???? Did she leave Madhav becoz of his obsession for revenge ??? And why is he so pissed tht Saltanat wore his wife's saree ??? Becoz if I remember correctly, Saltanat has been wearing sarees ever since she came in the Sharma house, so whose sarees were / are those ???

Thanks to Krish' innocent request to Saltanat, Madhav had no way than to tell her some truths abt herself instead of all the lies he has been feeding her. And I respect Madhav for stopping Saltanat to do the aarti, becoz she follows a different religion. And he gives an earfull to his circus family as well.

And thanks to Madhavs truths abt herself, Saltanats memory is triggered again. She again gets those flashes, only the faces are not clear and the places. And ofcourse Madhav is elated, becoz if her memory comes back he can execute his plans and get it over with.

But.....instead of anything else, the first name she calls is Zaroon.....her husband, the one she still loves, no matter if she suffers from memory loss. That same husband who at home is being at ease hugging and kissing her sister....the evil persona Kainat.

What was tht expression on Madhavs face when Saltu screamed Zaroon ??? Disappointment ??? Surprise ??? It was almost like he was expecting something else. So now he might think or try to figure out why she called Zaroons name first.

Honestly I would love to see Saltanats memory coming back, so tht she can leave the Sharma Circus and plan her revenge against Kainat for all the pains and sufferings and humiliations she went through and still goes through. Frankly I am fed up of seeing Madhavs behaviour towards Saltanat.

So a few things : 1) Madhav was married before and his wife could come back anytime unless she is shown dead. Nobody even talks abt her. 2) Madhavs family will never agree to any type of relationship btw  Madhav and Saltanat. 3) I dont see Saltanat falling for someone else besides Zaroon. 4) I am not sure if Madhav will ever fall for Saltanat either. So my conclusion after all this is : there wont be SaDhav but only SaRoon. 

Edited by eshasrk - 4 years ago

Dnt  want saroon he I dumb now romancing with kainat and with  guilt bcoz for him she changed the face 

OK episode. Ganpati drama was OTT with Sneha and Indu as hard-working vamps and Madhav as a protector of the world - first women, now religions. A lot was packed in the episode but, of course, the needle didn't move. 

Sneha I can get but what type of a socialite is Indu? I thought socialites would do everything in their power to ensure that their family doesn't become gossip fodder. Here Indu is feeding the gossip fire with all this drama at her home in a puja-party.

How could anyone have married Madhav and stayed long enough to produce a kid? It is just as baffling as Zaroon's soul connection. I think VJ took the role for money and, probably, because didn't require a full-time commitment. I am sure the producers pay him a hefty amount to romp around the set as a very good-looking, grumpy gorilla.  

Zaroon is not going to kiss not because of the soul connection but because evil can't win on TV. I almost wish they did some ITV magic and started reforming Kainaat - show her repenting for Sakshi (too young/angry) and Zainab (blind in love), plant a new proof that Ghazala was killed by Mamoon who has now eloped to Canada with Sabina, and so on. 

@Irshita: what you said abt the Sharma family, especially Madhav really got me 🤣🤣. You are so right yaar. Madhav is all the time angry and frustrated. First becoz Saltu was not concious, then becoz she lost her memory and now she remembers one name and still he is frustrated. Did it ever occur to him tht Zaroon can be the one to trigger back Saltanats memory ??? Obviously not.

Abt nothing happening btwn KaRoon: well we have seen evil winning on ITV all the time. Kainat is a perfect example....she commited crime after crime and the one who is innocent is suffering. 

And abt Madhav and Krish : well if his wife stayed with him at least for a year, I think this is enough time to produce a child 🤣. But I get what you mean. Which girl in the right mind would want to marry a man like Madhav, carrying such an emotional baggage all the time. I wonder if he'll ever change. And lets see if he still takes his revenge after discovering tht the one in his house is actually Kainats twin and the one he's looking for is roaming around with Zaroon. 

VJ said tht he took up the role becoz it was different from Suraj/ Raghav. His characters has lots of layers. Maybe they made changes in the storyline tht were not there when they narrated the character to him.

@Esha - right now the only layers to Madhav's character are 2 shades of angry + 1 shade of "Sakshi Di". 

Suraj was much more nuanced and engaging than this but not that different. Suraj was rude, brash, and angry with Chakor all the time until he started falling for her. I watched Udaan was almost two years with him and Meera

Originally posted by Irshita

@Esha - right now the only layers to Madhav's character are 2 shades of angry + 1 shade of "Sakshi Di". 

Suraj was much more nuanced and engaging than this but not that different. Suraj was rude, brash, and angry with Chakor all the time until he started falling for her. I watched Udaan was almost two years with him and Meera

I totally agree with you dear. Madhav is angry and frustrated all the time. But you know wht beats me : Madhav being sharp in thinking, did it never occur to him also tht the one living in his house could be the wrong sister going by her nature ??? He knows tht there are twins right ??? At least he could start thinking especially after her calling Zaroons name yesterday. But he immediately came to the conclusion tht she is not capable of loving someone so deeply. Madhav will have a rude awakening when the truth's going to hit him, especially if he starts falling for her.

And yes....even I totally enjoyed Udaan with Suraj and Chakor. Mostly also becoz Chakor was no abla nari....she gave Suraj as good as it got. 

By seeing tdy epi saltanat like him I think that car scene 

Originally posted by rameeraa87

By seeing tdy epi saltanat like him I think that car scene 

I think more than like, Saltanat is confused. She doesnt really know wht to do...on one hand her memory is playing up, on the other hand there is Madhav and his mood swings. What surprised me actually was Madhav immediately looking at Saltanat when tht aunty started talking abt shaadi

originally posted by Esha

hellooo esha, good to see you keeping the thread alive!

Was waiting eagerly for your take on the episode.

your encouragement makes it worthwhile to  continue writing the musings!

Quite frankly I dont get Zaroon anymore and slowly I am starting not to bother also. How in goodness name can Zaroon "feel" Saltanat outside the house and in crowded places, but he fails to "feel " the person infront of him.....I mean how ?! What type of Sufiyaana Pyaar is this ??? Or am I asking too much ? The makers continue to give mixed signals. Kainat is really out and despo to take Saltanats place in Zaroons life and the Shah household.....for this time, I feel Zaroon will back away from Kainat maybe after hearing Saltanats scream of his name.....u know the connection type of thing. Lets see how long he resists.

what he feels,  also depends on what he sees.. with the naked eye... and what his brain is conditioned to believe... regards Kainat,  going by vice and virtue theme,  I believe goodness exists, but so does  evil.. and evil principalities are hard to pin down, especially when kainat has had a face change. Zaroon has to depend less of sensations.. and turn more pragmatic in his approach!

Than we have the Sharma circus with ringmaster Sneha and assistant Indu. Why does Sneha always hv to create drama to get her way ???? She is slowly becoming tht one character I'd rather see going instead of coming. Dirty kitchen politics she is playing.

haaaa haaa... sneha  has to be the negative element needed to create ructions in the plot.. mind you her concerted effort at doing Saltu wrong.. turns around and prompts Madhav to reveal a truth to kainat, about her faith!

Another thing : now tht its clear tht Madhav had or has a wife, the next question is : where is she ??? Is she dead ??? Is she alive ???? Did she leave Madhav becoz of his obsession for revenge ??? And why is he so pissed tht Saltanat wore his wife's saree ??? Becoz if I remember correctly, Saltanat has been wearing sarees ever since she came in the Sharma house, so whose sarees were / are those ???

yes... Saltu has been wearing sarees since her arrival at Sharma house.. cv's want to create distiction , between what she wore in Shah manzil.. traditional/and smart casual..   yes his wife may have walked out on Madhav  because of his revenge fixation..

Thanks to Krish' innocent request to Saltanat, Madhav had no way than to tell her some truths abt herself instead of all the lies he has been feeding her. And I respect Madhav for stopping Saltanat to do the aarti, becoz she follows a different religion. And he gives an earfull to his circus family as well.

I liked how cvs used Madhav  to be a mouthpiece  for such believers who may be at risk of  turning into fanatics.. which defeats the true message of any given world faiths  

And thanks to Madhavs truths abt herself, Saltanats memory is triggered again. She again gets those flashes, only the faces are not clear and the places. And ofcourse Madhav is elated, becoz if her memory comes back he can execute his plans and get it over with.

its like goodness comes out of sown evil!

But.....instead of anything else, the first name she calls is Zaroon.....her husband, the one she still loves, no matter if she suffers from memory loss. That same husband who at home is being at ease hugging and kissing her sister....the evil persona Kainat.

cringeworthy! totally connived  scene..

What was tht expression on Madhavs face when Saltu screamed Zaroon ??? Disappointment ??? Surprise ??? It was almost like he was expecting something else. So now he might think or try to figure out why she called Zaroons name first

yes was left thinking about his expression tooo!

Honestly I would love to see Saltanats memory coming back, so tht she can leave the Sharma Circus and plan her revenge against Kainat for all the pains and sufferings and humiliations she went through and still goes through. Frankly I am fed up of seeing Madhavs behaviour towards Saltanat.

good thought ! but it would be favourable  for Saltu if she teams up with moody Madhav.. resourceful type!

So a few things : 1) Madhav was married before and his wife could come back anytime unless she is shown dead. Nobody even talks abt her. 2) Madhavs family will never agree to any type of relationship btw  Madhav and Saltanat. 3) I dont see Saltanat falling for someone else besides Zaroon. 4) I am not sure if Madhav will ever fall for Saltanat either. So my conclusion after all this is : there wont be SaDhav but only SaRoon

duhhhhh I hope saltu/madhav get together! slight problem.. if she recalls that she is married, then Sneha's prediction that  this time round Kainat will finish him off emotionally!   awww  not fair!

great feedback esha  .. a plethora of ideas.. love hammie