KHKT vs KPK | Originality Rating | Yesterday's analysis ;) | Pg30

SaTi4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hello my fellow KHKT lovers. This show has forced me to do something I thought I'd never do again. I've come back and posting on IF after 5 years. 

I think it's needless to say that the thing which attracted me to KHKT is it's uniqueness. And I'm loving Rohit, Sonakshi and Ronakshi more than I can express. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I usually start watching a show for its concept and then stay with it, even through the most horrible tracks and storylines, mostly for the lead pair. So, this time I thought I should calculate when does a show start making less sense and I start watching it just because I like the actors' chemistry and don't care about the story anymore. And I couldn't have got hooked to a better show than KHKT for this experiment. 

KHKT has the most refreshing concept I can remember watching in any TV show so far in my life. And I sincerely hope it'll stay the same for a long, long time.

Here's presenting KHKT vs KPK : The Originality Analysis and Rating Thread

KHKT stands for Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum (obviously ๐Ÿ˜‰). KPK is Kahaani Parvati Ki which for me represents the typical overly melodramatic/supernatural/far from reality TV soaps of today. I will jot down the main points from each episode and try to score them as KHKT (original) or KPK (overly used TV trope). I will keep the daily index in the following post and provide a detailed analysis on how I reached the score for a day in the subsequent posts.

The Originality rating for Epi 85 (10 Oct, 2019) is 57.6%.

I will try to be as objective as possible unless RoNakshi's cuteness blinds my vision. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I would love, love, love to hear your thoughts on this idea and the analysis. Did I get it right? Did I get it wrong? All discussions welcome! 

P.S. I claim to be no expert on classifying serials/tracks as unique or not. I'm just an average ITV viewer who's been watching these serials since childhood and started questioning their logic once I grew a few brain cells a few years back. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by SaTi4ever - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SaTi4ever thumbnail

Daily Originality Rating

1. Episode 64: 11 Sept, 2019 --------- 84.2% --------- Page 1
  2. Episode 65: 12 Sept, 2019 --------- 85%    --------- Page 2
  3. Episode 66: 13 Sept, 2019 --------- 80.9% --------- Page 4
  4. Episode 67: 16 Sept, 2019 --------- 82.6% --------- Page 6
  5. Episode 68: 17 Sept, 2019 --------- 61.1% --------- Page 7
  6. Episode 69: 18 Sept, 2019 --------- 72.7% --------- Page 7
  7. Episode 70: 19 Sept, 2019 --------- 81%    --------- Page 10
  8. Episode 71: 20 Sept, 2019 --------- 75%    --------- Page 14
  9. Episode 72: 23 Sept, 2019 --------- 84.6% --------- Page 17
  10. Episode 73: 24 Sept, 2019 --------- 82.1% --------- Page 18
  11. Episode 74: 25 Sept, 2019 --------- 80.7% --------- Page 21
  12. Episode 75: 26 Sept, 2019 --------- 73%    --------- Page 23
  13. Episode 82: 7 Oct, 2019     --------- 77.4% --------- Page 26
  14. Episode 83: 8 Oct, 2019     --------- 75.8% --------- Page 29
  15. Episode 84: 9 Oct, 2019     --------- 68%    --------- Page 30
  16. Episode 85: 10 Oct, 2019   --------- 57.6% --------- Page 30
SaTi4ever thumbnail

Epi 64: 11 September, 2019

1. Sonakshi knows about the abandoned place where Rohit is being held by Mhatre and his goons because she did a shoot for her serial there. Although the short conversation between Sonakshi and YK was on point with the overall concept, it just seemed too convenient to me at that point. smiley24
    KHKT - 0  KPK - 1

2. YK asked to call the police and Sonakshi already informed them. Achha h, bhoole nhi real life mein log police ko bulate hain. smiley36
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

3. Rohan's fake gun idea was good. They didn't start doing dishoom dishoom with the gundas who have guns, instead tried to use their brains. smiley32
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

4. Goons noticed that Rohan was holding just a wooden stick and not a gun. I had started wondering if the gundas are blind or just plain dumb. smiley17
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

5. Mhatre's gun shot at Rohit/Sonakshi missed its target. Good, not only because it was our Ronakshi on line, but also because Mhatre did not take training for shooting, did he? Imagine other serials, where one of Rohit/Sonakshi would've been shot and then the other would have confessed their love by seeing the love of their life almost dying. I know, I know, even I've enjoyed watching such scenes in the past, but aisa real life mein thode hi hota h. smiley17
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

6. As soon as the gun fires, Rohit gains consciousness. I missed this little scene when I watched the episode for the first time but that's such a nice detail. Also, the way Rohit reacts in that scene, trying to make sense of the situation by what Mhatre is saying and then looking at Sonakshi, it's absolutely amazing. smiley16smiley14
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

7. Ye police kabhi time pe kyu nhi aati? Haha, iss dailog ko toh poore marks milne hi chahiye smiley36
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

8. Police came to do their duty and also took care of the civilians. smiley20
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

9. Ronakshi in cold storage truck loose footing and have an eye lock. Cuteness overload, and they were in a moving truck where losing balance is entirely possible. But then, this eyelock thing is almost a cliche.. I can't decide on this one.. so one point each to both smiley9smiley42
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 1

10. Rohit's dialogue: TV serial jaisi life ho gyi h, gunde peechhe pad gye, goliyan chal gyi, bhag bhag ke kisi ice truck mein phas gye aur ab ek filmy pose banake khade hain, haina. Sonakshi's frustrated slap on his shoulder was so in character smiley42
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

11. Sonakshi telling the reason why she did what she did for Pooja, Rohit being thankful and telling her that Pooja is adopted. I really like ITV leads who have open conversations with each other. Such couples are certainly a very rare find in ITV. smiley14
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

12. Raima doesn't blink her eyes. Is that possible? I am no medical expert but wouldn't she get a very bad case of dry eyes if she's not able to blink her eyes? smiley3
    KHKT - 0  KPK - 1

13. Tum toh Parvati Devi ho na, apne haathon se rays nikaal ke yahaan sab garmi nhi kar sakti? And then Sonakshi gets irritated by Rohit's dissection of her show again, even in this situation. Hehe, these two never leave their character. smiley9smiley36
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

14. Yes, Suman was loud as usual, but it seemed like she was actually worried for her daughter. Being loud is who she is, that's part of her character. Also thankfully none of the Sippy family members were overly dramatic. Imagine Veena Sippy looking at Ganpati Bappa and saying ki agar aaj mere bachche sahi salamat ghar wapas nhi aaye toh aap apne ek bhakt ko humesha ke lie kho denge. Ye ek maa ki kasam h. smiley17
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

15. Finally, last but not at all the least - the pace of this show. Any other show could've easily spent 5-6 episodes, possibly even more, with the material they've shown in just one episode. smiley32(Even then, I'm a greedy fan, and feel like there should've been more packed into the episode) 
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

Edit: Adding three more points as suggested by alvina and adjusting the rating accordingly ๐Ÿ˜Š
  16. They showed that the driver couldn't hear coz he has earphones. This small detail would hv not been shown in others.
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

17. Sonakshi too trying to keep Rohit warm instead of only the ML trying to do everything.
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

18. Sonakshi trying to call someone for help with her mobile but as network isnโ€™t available also in real life in a cold storage she couldnโ€™t call for help. 
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

The total originality rating for this episode is 84.2%.

What do you guys think? Am I biased for KHKT because I love the show? Did I miss something?

alvina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SaTi4ever

Epi 64: 11 September, 2019

1. Sonakshi knows about the abandoned place where Rohit is being held by Mhatre and his goons because she did a shoot for her serial there. Although the short conversation between Sonakshi and YK was on point with the overall concept, it just seemed too convenient to me at that point. smiley24
    KHKT - 0  KPK - 1

2. YK asked to call the police and Sonakshi already informed them. Achha h, bhoole nhi real life mein log police ko bulate hain. smiley36
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

3. Rohan's fake gun idea was good. They didn't start doing dishoom dishoom with the gundas who have guns, instead tried to use their brains. smiley32
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

4. Goons noticed that Rohan was holding just a wooden stick and not a gun. I had started wondering if the gundas are blind or just plain dumb. smiley17
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

5. Mhatre's gun shot at Rohit/Sonakshi missed its target. Good, not only because it was our Ronakshi on line, but also because Mhatre did not take training for shooting, did he? Imagine other serials, where one of Rohit/Sonakshi would've been shot and then the other would have confessed their love by seeing the love of their life almost dying. I know, I know, even I've enjoyed watching such scenes in the past, but aisa real life mein thode hi hota h. smiley17
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

6. As soon as the gun fires, Rohit gains consciousness. I missed this little scene when I watched the episode for the first time but that's such a nice detail. Also, the way Rohit reacts in that scene, trying to make sense of the situation by what Mhatre is saying and then looking at Sonakshi, it's absolutely amazing. smiley16smiley14
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

7. Ye police kabhi time pe kyu nhi aati? Haha, iss dailog ko toh poore marks milne hi chahiye smiley36
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

8. Police came to do their duty and also took care of the civilians. smiley20
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

9. Ronakshi in cold storage truck loose footing and have an eye lock. Cuteness overload, and they were in a moving truck where losing balance is entirely possible. But then, this eyelock thing is almost a cliche.. I can't decide on this one.. so one point each to both smiley9smiley42
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 1

10. Rohit's dialogue: TV serial jaisi life ho gyi h, gunde peechhe pad gye, goliyan chal gyi, bhag bhag ke kisi ice truck mein phas gye aur ab ek filmy pose banake khade hain, haina. Sonakshi's frustrated slap on his shoulder was so in character smiley42
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

11. Sonakshi telling the reason why she did what she did for Pooja, Rohit being thankful and telling her that Pooja is adopted. I really like ITV leads who have open conversations with each other. Such couples are certainly a very rare find in ITV. smiley14
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

12. Raima doesn't blink her eyes. Is that possible? I am no medical expert but wouldn't she get a very bad case of dry eyes if she's not able to blink her eyes? smiley3
    KHKT - 0  KPK - 1

13. Tum toh Parvati Devi ho na, apne haathon se rays nikaal ke yahaan sab garmi nhi kar sakti? And then Sonakshi gets irritated by Rohit's dissection of her show again, even in this situation. Hehe, these two never leave their character. smiley9smiley36
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

14. Yes, Suman was loud as usual, but it seemed like she was actually worried for her daughter. Being loud is who she is, that's part of her character. Also thankfully none of the Sippy family members were overly dramatic. Imagine Veena Sippy looking at Ganpati Bappa and saying ki agar aaj mere bachche sahi salamat ghar wapas nhi aaye toh aap apne ek bhakt ko humesha ke lie kho denge. Ye ek maa ki kasam h. smiley17
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

15. Finally, last but not at all the least - the pace of this show. Any other show could've easily spent 5-6 episodes, possibly even more, with the material they've shown in just one episode. smiley32(Even then, I'm a greedy fan, and feel like there should've been more packed into the episode) 
    KHKT - 1 KPK - 0

The total originality rating for this episode is 85.7%.

What do you guys think? Am I biased for KHKT because I love the show? Did I miss something?

loved it 

Well done

Few I would like to add if they count 

1. They showed that the driver couldnโ€™t hear coz he has earphones. This small detail would hv not been shown in others.

2. Sonakshi too trying to keep Rohit warm instead of only the ML trying to do everything.

3. Sonakshi trying to call someone for help with her mobile but as network isnโ€™t available also in real life in a cold storage she couldnโ€™t call for help. 

mthiru thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Wow. Super analysis.. amazed to see the makers are keeping all the characters to maintain their originality. It's too good to be true but will take it as long as it lasts.. Great acting be ronakshi in the Ice truck so natural.

Looking forward to your analysis everyday...

G_for_Ganga thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Bang on Analysis and thread ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Keep dis thread updated .... I'il add mine if I find its needed ๐Ÿ˜‰.

I'm waiting to see what wil b tomorrow's rating 

SaTi4ever thumbnail

Originally posted by: alvina

loved it 

Well done

Few I would like to add if they count 

1. They showed that the driver couldnโ€™t hear coz he has earphones. This small detail would hv not been shown in others.

2. Sonakshi too trying to keep Rohit warm instead of only the ML trying to do everything.

3. Sonakshi trying to call someone for help with her mobile but as network isnโ€™t available also in real life in a cold storage she couldnโ€™t call for help. 

Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

These are great points! I've added them to the analysis post and updated the score accordingly. Please keep providing points when I miss them. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š

SaTi4ever thumbnail

Originally posted by: mthiru

Wow. Super analysis.. amazed to see the makers are keeping all the characters to maintain their originality. It's too good to be true but will take it as long as it lasts.. Great acting be ronakshi in the Ice truck so natural.

Looking forward to your analysis everyday...

Yes, I am also most impressed by how all the characters are maintained and they act how they should in every situation. But then, it's a daily show and would go off track in search of TRPs at some point.๐Ÿ˜” I just hope it doesn't happen too soon. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Thank you! Will keep posting the analysis.๐Ÿ˜Š

SaTi4ever thumbnail

Originally posted by: l-NiklausFan-l

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Bang on Analysis and thread ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Keep dis thread updated .... I'il add mine if I find its needed ๐Ÿ˜‰.

I'm waiting to see what wil b tomorrow's rating 

Thank you so much! ๐Ÿ˜ƒI plan to keep this thread updated as much as possible. Yes, please keep providing your points if I miss anything or classify something wrong.๐Ÿ˜Ž

alvina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SaTi4ever

Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

These are great points! I've added them to the analysis post and updated the score accordingly. Please keep providing points when I miss them. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank u first coz its such a great post  ๐Ÿ‘. I absolutely love this idea. I think u will cover most of it and we all here will help when its needed.