Posted: 4 years ago

It's quite ironic that Aamir who is known for being a perfectionist and making content films has his biggest hit with Raja Hindustani. Not 3 Idiots, PK or Dangal but a forgettable masala movie loaded with overacting. 

Does anyone know why Raja Hindustani was an ATBB? It can't be only because of the songs. 

Inflation adjusted kitna banaya Raja Hindustani ne?? don't bother about the ATBB and BB thing....BOI is not reliable.

Raja Hindustani, DDLJ, HAHk, KKHH, MPK, DTPH and even QSQT. I decided a long time back all these films cancel each other out in being good/bad. Same wave and style was running for that time period. ðŸ¥³

Good times are less now tho ðŸ¤£

Originally posted by blue-ice.1

Inflation adjusted kitna banaya Raja Hindustani ne?? don't bother about the ATBB and BB thing....BOI is not reliable.

394 Crores.

I don't know reliable or not .. but I only know BOI to look up numbers .. they say adjusted Nett gross is 3,94,05,65,750! 

wow almost 400 crores...I like the movie ...but not as much as Dangal, and PK though.

i remember at that time, the director of that time dunno sanjeev darshan or whatever he had a knack of giving big melodramatic hits in 90's . he mostly used to work with akshay though aamir worked with him too..

but it changed when aamir delievered a big dud 'MELA' most of the director's films are cringeworthy i can't watch any of them seriously. although karisma looked beautiful in this film but best actress ?🤓

wow almost 400 crores...I like the movie ...but not as much as Dangal, and PK though.

Still not a classic like 3 Idiots or Dangal. Even footfalls don't matter. Gadar is a bigger hit than DDLJ but the latter is much more memorable film. 

Longest Kiss in BW Film of that time. It was ought to grab footfalls. Plus Hit music. 

Well I can tell you that my mom had gone to the theaters in an all girl gang to watch Raja Hindustani. And I vividly remember her gushing about it. I saw it on TV years later. And you know what, I liked it a lot more than I should have. It's the oldest potboiler masala in Bollywood: poor uneducated simpleton hero, rich spoilt bratty heroine. I doubt the film has aged well though. And yeah, I was sorely disappointed by the famous kiss, had higher expectations as I'd heard so much about it...😆

Edited by tapori - 4 years ago