Your favourite & least favourite Vishal Bhardwaj movie?

Posted: 4 years ago

His best is still Omkara for me. I never knew Saif Ali Khan could deliver such a good performance. The rest of the cast with Ajay, Kareena etc. was good as well and the story was interesting throughout.

Least favourite is easily Rangoon, I like basically every movie from this director apart from that one. It had potential but Kangana was miscast and the story was a mess. 

Edited by Khai_R_Haagi - 4 years ago

Favourite: The Blue umbrella for me too. The story was so beautiful and poetic, it still remains one of my favourite hindi films till date.

Least favourite: don't know. I somehow don't get the patience to watch Bhardwaj's darker dramas.

Edited by FilmiDhun - 4 years ago

least - rangoon

most - makdee

Worst - Rangoon n dat Anushka’s one

Most favorite: Omkara. This was the first time I heard MC (THE Hindi cuss word) in a theater, and man can't describe the feeling enough. Also, got goosebumps during the title track. Saif's best work I'd say. Ajay was perfect fit for the role, amazing debut of Deepak Dobrial and Kareena was good too.

Least favorite: Saat Khhoon Maaf. The only time I felt I didn't get my money's worth in a theater for a Vishal Bharadwaj film.

Note: Haven't had the misfortune of watching Rangoon. Also I completely agree in VB being the ONLY top director who can make amazing children's movies. Saala TZP ke baad koi achhaa children's movie hi nahin banaa Bollywood mein. VB should explore this genre again. Makdee is one of my most favorite children's movies.

Edited by good.food - 4 years ago

I have not seen all his movies  from the ones I have seen Matru Ka Bijli Ka Mandola was the worst. I tried to watch Rangoon but could not finish it.

Edited by Melissaa - 4 years ago

Favorite: Maqbool

Least favorite: Rangoon

Just looked at his Filmography and realised I've seen all his films apart from the first one.

My favourite by far is Pataakha. His only film that doesn't start dragging on in the second half. It's super entertaining throughout.

I have also enjoyed Maqbool quite a lot. I found Kaminey and Omkara overrated.

He does bring out amazing performances in his stars though: from Tabu to Kareena to Priyanka.

I loved makdee, don’t remember much of Omkara and Maqbool. 

Hated saat khoon maaf.