Something gained and something lost..

Posted: 4 years ago

SPM ~My Musings 5.9.19~ Something gained and something lost..

Both walk down memory lane. The dargah brings two souls together one more time. She  passes by , Zaroon senses an old tune  warble the tunes of his heart.Sufiyana love! a lasting habit that even till now he cannot shake off. So much was  unsaid and unheard, but it's  that pair of eyes that spoke of a tale that was not meant to be.

Saltanat was just another mother, her head and face partly draped by  a hijab.Her eyes hungrily take in all images,but still her memory remains blank as a sheet. Still with many requests, devotees are drawn towards the dargah  in the hope of being heard. Zaroon ‘s soul cries out to heaven for Saltanat’s well being. His contrite prayer is meant for Saltanat! Whether it’s the one in hospital or the silent woman who passes by him. But Zaroon’s belief lies in the favour he wants for the namesake Saltanat! .Perhaps it will not go unheard. 

Madhav’s eyes too are alert, he knows there is danger around ,due to the area being Saltanat’s home ground. Her family may be around . He watches the devotees, and in his desperation he too, defiantly challenges god, to prove his mighty power by reinstating Kainat’s memory!

A lost Saltanat vacantly, searches for herself. Both pass each other,like two ships in the night. A gentle breeze, touches Zaroon every time she passes by . Nostalgia, makes him sick at heart. Memories  of Saltanat  preoccupy him. That  brief collision  with her  in the streets leading to the dargah. Saltanat catches, shaky, lights, images,  hazy reflections of the past. Which only Zaroon clearly recalls and vividly sees in his mind’s eye. Krish hand  in hand with Saltanat, leads her on, plus  provides her  protection from Zaroon  recognising her as some single woman..

For some reason I see this hijab clad Saltanat as a married woman and Krish as her son.. Still engaged and fascinated both walk till she loses her footing!  a slip! a stumble. Does love find a way? as her hand voluntarily  fumbles and reaches out for a strangers shoulder! to maintain her balance! Zaroon deep in thought , again experiences , a  flood ofmemories supporting Saltanat in the past where she lost her poise . He steals a sided glance at the woman, but her hijab and Krish's intervention prevents Zaroon from making much of the instance. The moment passes as swiftly as  it came. Was the twist of her foot an indication of what might have happened if either of them had  recognized each other?  Their present  stability perhaps would be lost? Would it become a precarious and unsettling situation? But it seems a lost cause, loss of what they had gained.. Sufiyana love.. Now a lost ,past gone by, melody.. Such is the helpless of love..

It is humbling scene , where an assumed young  mother and son pray at the dargah,with Zaroon kneeled right behind them,  each to themselves, immersed in personal prayer.Zaroon pray’s  for Saltanat’s recovery. Seeks mercy for her; for her suffering, due to his fault.  So close she is, yet so far. She wouldn’t known him anyone. Such is the work of destiny. Zaroon  gained Sufiyana love with  Saltanat ,only  to lose her. Empty and broken he kneels behind Krish and Saltanat and advocates for mercy for Saltanat, struggling at the hospital.So it is clear he  anxiously prays for  his wife Saltanat , who in reality is Kainat.

If only Zaroon knew she truly has lost her every thing. Her soul pleads, to god to restore, return her life..without her past, her present  seems senseless.

Madhav eyes search for Kainat in the bustling dargah courtyard.  His waiting in the car, behind the wheel,  for Kashish  to  return. Turns  burdensome for him. As  Madhav  has to  take a break in his journey  of punishing the criminal Kainat. His action of bringing her back  to the Shah dargah is not for her spiritual refinement, but for her to remember her past!

Madhav's vigilant  eyes catch Zaroon’s roving eyes hovering around a woman at the latticed prayer screen.Saltanat is drawn to tying a prayer request thread. She ties the knot of the red thread. Her request is that may god loosen,untie the knots of her mind, which blocks her from knowing who she is? whence has she come from? undo  the  mental faculty which may reveal her past life..

Zaroon, is drawn by  two mesmerizing eyes, deep in her prayer request.  Old tunes of Sufiyana love again strum at his very soul, the urge to find out more about her makes him visually stalk her..

But Kainat’s keeper grabs her1 runs with her and bundles her in the passenger seat! Saltanat fails to understand his brashness!  He cannot contain his enthusiasm.. can she remember anything about  her past!

Saltanats response is tears! It's like she has lost her whole life!  broken down, invariably she sinks her head on his shoulder for comfort and consolation! Madhav is at a loss how to react to her spontaneous  emotionally needy action. Ah! Well he mustn’tbe taken in by her soap opera.. she killed  Sakshi di!!

Yet,  in all the sentimentality as  Madhav  sees it,  also about losing one’s life!  Madhav realizes, they both forget to bring Krish back with them! Madhav known to be a tower of strength for damsels in distress, roughly pushes Kashish away, as if somehow, this shirty  weepy woman, somehow  has learnt about the mixed love /hate visual  liberties he takes with her every time he sets eyes on her! he needs to glare more often at her!

As usual Krish even in his absence,  diffuses awkward  situations especially for his father. The support Kainat /Kashish  seeks from  Madhav  Sharma is left in limbo. As looking for Krish is the immediate task both have to undertake!  So much so! for looking after Krish!  The lost girl, goes and loses his son too!

Well Krish is on sacred ground,  and although lost , who should find him ? Zaroon!  Like always where Saltanat  made mistakes, Zaroon would zap up and complete the task on her behalf! Pragmatic Zaroon interacts well  with the innocent lad, and soon connects him  with his father   Madhav..will Zaroon and  Madhav come face to face? The boy reunites with his father, and Zaroon only catches the hugging, crouching father’s back!

Maybe its best to turn your back on your past to move on. But Kashish/Kainat /Saltanat may face instability in life due to losing all her past! Presently she clings to the miserable kill joy man! like dear life,because he is passionate about reuniting Saltanat with her past. Zaroon failsto do so, although  Madhav fears  what if Zaroon recognizes her!  Madhav cannot risk losing her ,to gain her memory… why? Even  Madhav daren’t ask himself that question! never mind the answer!

The scene  where Krish  is in care of Zaroon,and Saltanat comes looking for Krish.. Zaroon and Saltanat  stand back to back. For her he is her forgotten past. Subtlety for me Krish becomes a source of a vague connection of a pair ofSufiyana lovers. For love may not be fulfilled, but it’s true essence remains divine! Will  Krish be the way maker, the giver of undefined  peace? The giver ofcomfort and consolation. Both Zaroon and Saltanat have gained ,but lost a lot too,  will healing be granted to Saltanat? and to Zaroon’s broken heart?  Krish befriends Zaroon,and bids him farewell with his mobile number scrawled on his arm!

A much needed episode to  provide a reminder of how things were between Saltanat and Zaroon and where its going to take Madhav and Kainat/ Saltanat/ and Kashish! courtesy of simultaneously  forbearing plus overbearing  Madhav Sharma. Saltanat gains her life again, but loses her memory.. I loved listening to the Sufiyana ishq song again.. 6.9.19hamlet53.

thanks Irshita for sharing your interesting viewsm and to kasaf for reading my musings.. much love hammie

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Hello hammie, 

I quite found Sultanat-Zaroon Dargah scenes very nice.. it is probably the first time where I think they finally have a story of their own. Sultanat seeking answers for her blank past and Zaroon praying for Sultanat and saying he is infact quite responsible for her suffering! How true in a way!! 

Let’s forget Kainaat for a while. Some peace!! 

Let’s see where this goes!! 

Loved listening to the whole song too. And Helly and rajveer’s performance was good - you could feel a sense of loss. His for love and her for identity.

I found the episode really stretched out, may be because I knew that nothing was going to happen. They were not going to meet nor was she getting her memory back. So why a whole episode of moving in circles, literally? I don’t like this 100 times hit-miss type stuff. Btw- who hangs to a stranger’s shoulder like that?

if Zaroon can feel sultanat in a crowded place, how can he not feel that at home/hospital when he is with Kainaat. Makes no logical sense.

The dargah scene with three reminded me of the first dargah scene when kainaat, sultanat and Zaroon prayed together.

I don’t like kids in tv show but Krish is ok so far because his role is limited with few dialogues. Here Krish is basically sultanat’s support system in a houseful of haters.

I have been a silent reader of your views for quite some time Hammie and I just love how you write in such details. You were also writing for Ishq Ka Rang Safed or am I mistaken ???? 

Anyway coming to this episode....I dont know why, but I found it quite foretelling. One thing tht confuses me big time is : if Zaroon could clearly feel Saltanats presence in the Dargah, how come he doesnt feel tht the one in hospital can never be Saltanat....I just dont get this angle. 

It pains me to see Saltanat like this. This girl is seeking so desperately for some clues which can connect her to her past, clues tht can tell her who she is, but unfortunately nothing happens. She is suffering for no fault of hers....yeah maybe her only fault was falling in love with Zaroon, which started off her sufferings. 

Than we have Madhav. This man is so confusing.....its hard to read his mind. He is sooo despo for Saltanat / Kainat to regain her memory so tht he can kill her. The way he switches from hate to softness with Saltanat/ Kashish is confusing to say the least. And in his desperation he even challenges God to give her her memory back. 

And than we have little Krish. Krish the supporter of Saltanat in a house where she is hated to the core. And than Krish the connection btwn Zaroon and Saltanat. I like this cute little fellow with his curly head.

Whose prayer will get answered ??? Will Saltanat regain her memory ??? Will Zaroon and Saltanat ever meet again ??? Will Madhav try to kill Saltanat / Kashish once her memory is back ? 

I so want her memory to be back....I am waiting for the confrontation btwn Madhav and The Saltanat. I am waiting for the new Kainat as well and how the story progresses btwn Zaroon and Kainat whom he thinks is his wife Saltanat 

I  also feel same about zaroon he feels saltanat presence here but could not in hospital before ehen saltanat was admitted and again he is feeling for kainat fake saltanat to get cured  and about madhav he want her memory to comeback so that he will punish her  I want saltanat memoryto come and she wants to choose madhav not zaroon who didn't identify her bfore

originally posted by Lonelythots

Hello hammie,  helllloooo mate, missed your comments.. however something told me you would comment on this episode... hummm, it was nostalgic.. watched the episode twice, due to the theme song.. have to down load it, to listen to in the car...

I quite found Sultanat-Zaroon Dargah scenes very nice.. it is probably the first time where I think they finally have a story of their own

like i said... it was much needed.. to refresh our memories as well. like the song goes.. kuch paya, kuch khoya.... creates a certain sadness for the times gone by...

Sultanat seeking answers for her blank past and Zaroon praying for Sultanat and saying he is infact quite responsible for her suffering! How true in a way!! 

yes, and alongside side goes the trickery as well.. the hospital kainat/posing as Saltanat.. however the real Saltanat was  the one his  prayer really applied too..,

Let’s forget Kainaat for a while. Some peace!! 

yes... i thought  i would miss her giddy, wierd, manipulative, turns.. but  no I dont this old Saltu warms me more than she did before..

Let’s see where this goes!!  yes lets.. as for you my mate, want you back on the musings Lonelythots.. your thoughts matter a lot..  love hammie

originally posted by Irshita,

helooo Irshita, good to see you mate

Loved listening to the whole song too. And Helly and rajveer’s performance was good - you could feel a sense of loss. His for love and her for identity.

you know it was the song in the promo that made me decide, I would restart my writing after a pause, doing Bepannah.. the song, the lyrics are just fantastic. Yes,  it was great to revisit  where it all began..like the songs goes..the vulnerability of love...

I found the episode really stretched out, may be because I knew that nothing was going to happen. They were not going to meet nor was she getting her memory back. So why a whole episode of moving in circles, literally? I don’t like this 100 times hit-miss type stuff. Btw- who hangs to a stranger’s shoulder like that?

ohhhhhh! hit and miss is the term I Was looking for! you said it... and of course  nothing was  going to be resolved, how could it? that would bring in a rushed end  to the show!

if Zaroon can feel sultanat in a crowded place, how can he not feel that at home/hospital when he is with Kainaat. Makes no logical sense.

now he could be hallucinating? seeing things that were passing through his mind. As for defacing Kainat.. he was beginning to see kainat in his wife Saltanat's face.. that's when he began his line.. don't show me your face...

The dargah scene with three reminded me of the first dargah scene when kainaat, sultanat and Zaroon prayed together.

ohhhh.. me can't recall ,them three praying together.. will have to jog my memory!

I don’t like kids in tv show but Krish is ok so far because his role is limited with few dialogues. Here Krish is basically sultanat’s support system in a houseful of haters.

yes.. mind you there seems no dearth of kids as part of shows..some are practically running the show..Krish entry was on Janamsthami, so I find faith connations in his scenes..  but yes, he is  fast becoming a reason of some form of bonding between Madhav and Saltanat..

thanks Irshita, for an interesting comment as usual..  love hammie

originally posted by eshasrk,

helooooo eshasrk, wonderful to hear from you!

I have been a silent reader of your views for quite some time Hammie and I just love how you write in such details. You were also writing for Ishq Ka Rang Safed or am I mistaken ???? 

yes, mate, did write for IKRS.. too, Mishal Raheja is the actor, who made me write on IF.. with his first show Laagi.. since then, I write if a show appeals to me.. The theme song of SPM.. made me decide I would write for the show.. Thanks mate, for your gracious comment..

Anyway coming to this episode....I dont know why, but I found it quite foretelling. One thing tht confuses me big time is : if Zaroon could clearly feel Saltanats presence in the Dargah, how come he doesnt feel tht the one in hospital can never be Saltanat....I just dont get this angle.

after his mother's murder, he begin to see kainat in Saltanat's face ..  besides, I suspect Zaroon was pressurized into  giving more attention to his neglected wife, rather than the fading, very ill Kainat in hospital.. Also he sensed those emotions he experienced with Saltanat  when he was tending to the sick kainat in hospital..  

It pains me to see Saltanat like this. This girl is seeking so desperately for some clues which can connect her to her past, clues tht can tell her who she is, but unfortunately nothing happens. She is suffering for no fault of hers....yeah maybe her only fault was falling in love with Zaroon, which started off her sufferings. 

so true.. and the biggest enigma surrounding  Saltanat is she is thought of someone she is not.. her criminal sister Kainat..apart from suffering brought  on her by Zaroon,  tough time lies ahead for her with Madhav too! is he going to believe her when she tells him, after she regains her memory ,that she is not Kainat.. but Saltanat!

Than we have Madhav. This man is so confusing.....its hard to read his mind. He is sooo despo for Saltanat / Kainat to regain her memory so tht he can kill her. The way he switches from hate to softness with Saltanat/ Kashish is confusing to say the least. And in his desperation he even challenges God to give her her memory back. 

ah yes.. Madhav the grouch! as I  call him.. cv's want to show him as a man angry with life in general.. yes Krish's welfare intrests him the most.. Madhav 's anger and Saltanat's banter with him is similar in a way to intitial moments when zaroon and saltanat would bicker and fall out.. cv's are aiming to create romance!

And than we have little Krish. Krish the supporter of Saltanat in a house where she is hated to the core. And than Krish the connection btwn Zaroon and Saltanat. I like this cute little fellow with his curly head.

yes.. Krish,Kisna.. promotes love eternal, which like I said may not reach fulfillment... also Kisna,, who supports the vulnerable and gives hope.. I loved how he accompanies Saltanat to dargah.. and takes note of people seeking help from a divinity..

Whose prayer will get answered ??? Will Saltanat regain her memory ??? Will Zaroon and Saltanat ever meet again ??? Will Madhav try to kill Saltanat / Kashish once her memory is back ? 

quite right eshasrk... your questions are significant to keep the show running  and audiences occupied 

I so want her memory to be back....I am waiting for the confrontation btwn Madhav and The Saltanat. I am waiting for the new Kainat as well and how the story progresses btwn Zaroon and Kainat whom he thinks is his wife Saltanat

you said it mate! i think many of us are eagerly awaiting the new kainat.. mind you it depends how soon the cv's find Kainat's replacement..

lets enjoy the show, and thanks for your thought provoking comment, hoping to see more of your thoughts.. much love hammie

originally posted by Rameeraa,

hello Rameeraa, great to see you mate,

I  also feel same about zaroon he feels saltanat presence here but could not in hospital before ehen saltanat was admitted and again he is feeling for kainat fake saltanat to get cured  and about madhav he want her memory to comeback so that he will punish her  I want saltanat memoryto come and she wants to choose madhav not zaroon who didn't identify her bfore

this is where Kainat has been very cunning.. she  knows deep down that Zaroon, suspects her.. that's why at Shah manzil.. she uses Rubina and Nadeem to put pressure on Zaroon into giving her attention,by crying on Rubina's shoulder..

Yes I think many of us want  Saltanat's memory revived.. and I don't see her going back to Zaroon... that to for her sisters sake.. whether Zaroon will accept the new kainat/saltanat.. will be interesting to watch,, also if Madhav ,wavers his punishing her, because of falling in love with Saltanat..

thanks Rameeraa , for your interesting views, love hammie

Yes saltanat should not go to zaroon he failed to identify her and on her deathbed she sees zaroon hugs kainat Cv want to get closure for saltanat and zaroon and want to move on their life I want to see sadhav story