Sep 4 : Blind or Stupid or Both? + New Promo - Page 2

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by NoraSM

Azaan gave Shaira, a home and a family. It sucks that she can't see how he must be hurting due to her actions. She made a promise to Noor and didn't convince Noor to take her promise back but she is going to convince Azaan into divorcing her.

Shaira saw Razia begging Noor to take her promise back, she saw what Razia is going through, she can see that Azaan is living a nightmare but all she cares about is that Noor should get a bedroom, Noor should get a husband on her bed, I am surprised she didn't arrange contraception for Noor or painkiller for after effects. 

Do writers really see good positive women like this? A good religious woman should readily share her husband, I am trying very hard to make sense of Shaira's character arc but the only thing I can think of is that Shaira is a lesbian and in love with Noor. She wants to see her love happy at any cost. If she is in love with Noor then why she keeps telling Azaan that she loves him? I can see Shaira fighting for Noor's happiness, she gave up her happiness for her, she gave up Azaan's happiness for her, she has ruined Yasmin and Azaan for her, but she loves Azaan πŸ™πŸ™

@BOLD:  PLOT TWIST πŸ€£πŸ€£

I don't think there is any sense to her character at the moment. As per usual, ITV writers make their heroines lose all sense, intelligence, and reasoning 1 week after the show starts. 

Edited by fria319 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by cuppa_n_cricket

It is nothing but another plot convenience in a show that's infested with plot conveniences. Only point in his favour is that out of all idiots, his reasons look more reasonable. He legit brought a dead person back by promising to HONOR HER PROMISEπŸ˜• and that too after almost causing her death. Going back on this would probably mean that he doesn't value Shayra's life (his POV). That's why they have shown that his only way out is Shayra revoking her promise so that there is no need for him to honor that anymore. He requests her to do that just before the nikaah as well. But it is convoluted AF, no doubt!πŸ‘

@BOLD: YESSSS. I know most of ITV is all plot conveniences, but this show is one of the few where I have such a hard time getting over these plot conveniences. It's so obviously convoluted. I just . At this point I'm watching to see how they (writers) dig themselves out of this and how far they can take this story. 

@Italics: LOL at the first part. 2nd part: Makes sense. But he does value her life, thats why he made such a ridiculous promise at that moment. 

Please welcome Sree ( cuppa_n_cricket ) everyone.

@ Sree - I am not doing much thinking this time and look forward Nora's analysis more so than the episodes.smiley36

Missed you Yaara! πŸ€—

Edited by The_May_Rose - 4 years ago