|| Chhichhore - Reviews & Box Office || - Page 7

Posted: 4 years ago

Solid growth from that okay start. 

Good Sunday For Chhichhore - Mass Back For Saaho

Monday 09 September 2019 00.15 IST 

Box Office India Trade Network

Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Chhichhore had good collections on Sunday with collections in the 15.50-16 crore nett range taking its weekend close to the 35 crore nett mark. Its a similar weekend to De De Pyaar De this year and Sui Dhaaga last year but both these flms started with better opening day numbers.

The weekend collections of the film are pretty good but with the strong trend the hope will be that it sustains strongly on the weekdays and ends with a strong first week total. There is a restricted holiday for Moharam which should also help the weekday numbers.

Saaho (hindi) which had limited growth yesterday for a Saturday saw huge growth on Sunday as the mass audience came back. The film recorded very good numbers in all mass circuits on Sunday be it CPCI, Bihar or Gujarat. The jump on Sunday is around 50% and the film will collect around 6.50 crore nett for a 14.50 crore nett second weekend.

The business of the film in ten days is almost 130 crore nett and in some mass circuits it will be second best grosser of the year after Kabir Singh beating films like Uri - The Surgical Strike, Bharat and Mission Mangal. 

Edited by shogun - 4 years ago

What? Only 9 pages worth of feedback in this thread?

Excellent movie..The best one this year..What Stree was to last year, this movie is to this year. It's terribly undersold./ Under promoted...Breaks my heart. But mark my words..This is definitely going to break into 100 crore club..The audiences are going to flock to watch this once again..It's so refreshingly entertaining and hilarious.  The story is nothing great but the treatment is sooo ooooo good

Never been a fan of SSR but this man was just fantastic..Tahir and Pratik are so hot omg..And I loved the entire Loser gang so much ....Shraddha actually has improved..She is not very screechy anymore and a delightful face to watch 

I haven't seen the audience so invested and rollicking in laughter every 2nd minute perhaps after Stree..So really amazing direction and dialogues 

The message is beautiful and I absolutely the ending scene in the basketball court

Spoiler - it was refreshing to see how Pratik asked everyone to cheer for H4 boys..In the end.

4.5/5..

watched yesterday

wonderful movie,worth watching it.sushant as usual best.infact loved everyone,i laughed,i smiled,we clapped,we loved every bit of it

i can watch it more and more.

if u go through this forum's as always negative attitude to almost every actor and actress😅  u actually wont able to watch anything good. dont go for this forum,watch good movies

One of the best movies I've watched this year and this is coming from someone who didn't watch the trailers / songs / promotional interviews or anything. I had seen the poster but it didn't look appealing and Varun Sharma has been in nearly every other movie in the last 2-3 months... so didn't think it would be any good walking into it. Give it a watch, you won't be disappointed at all!

Spoilers below:

Starting with the negatives - (it is not flawless at all) the older portions  / current day stuff is very awkward cuz SSR has no expressions / struggles to emote in his dad portions while Shraddha seems off as a mom - why didn't they age her? If they did, she looked the same as a mom and as a college student! The whole seriousness was off too, it didn't feel like it was their kid in the hospital.  Also was a bit long but since it kept me entertained throughout, I didn't mind the length.

But the positives of this film just outweigh everything else - the college portions are the best part of this film.  So funny and just sheer nostalgia of college days and the masti college friends would get up to reminded me of my own amazing times. As far as story goes, the Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikandar inspiration was evident but it's not a copy, so it's OK. The story is predictable but the climax isn't. In fact it's one of the best parts of the movie - the message that exams/scores aren't everything. Esp as Indian families put so much pressure on getting that perfect 100/100, we forget that sometimes kids just need love and respect. Def worth a watch even if you aren't a SSR fan (I am not a SSR fan at all).

I watched it yesterday and really liked the college days. There were many subplots presented as skits, and each of those was funny by themselves. The overall arc of the movie is emotional and plays on relatability factor. 

After a long time I laughed out loud during a movie,and that too multiple times!