Saaho is a HIT in Hindi, has a solid Monday - Page 2

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by ponymo

Dubbed Hindi versions of flop South movies get crazy TRPs on TV and 100s of millions of views on YouTube.

I can very well see that in the forseeable future, every South superstar worth his/her salt would simultaneously release dubbed Hindi versions at a massive scale, along with dubbed versions. It's crores of rupees of revenue at a zero production cost and nominal marketing cost.

There is a good production and marketing cost behind such moves. They have to put a serious effort if they want to capture different markets. The dubbing needs to be taken seriously. I remember how Rajamouli said he was very particular that the story had equal sense in every language and made the same impact in every language. They will have to hire competent dialogues writers and dubbing artist for every language. Just a random dubbing like they did in the past can never work for theatre going audience. Also their promotion has to be massive to hype the movie. Prabhas wa spopular but even then he did so serioua promotions in every market. 

Originally posted by ~*sindhu*~

There is a good production and marketing cost behind such moves. They have to put a serious effort if they want to capture different markets. The dubbing needs to be taken seriously. I remember how Rajamouli said he was very particular that the story had equal sense in every language and made the same impact in every language. They will have to hire competent dialogues writers and dubbing artist for every language. Just a random dubbing like they did in the past can never work for theatre going audience. Also their promotion has to be massive to hype the movie. Prabhas wa spopular but even then he did so serioua promotions in every market. 

Dubbing cost is very nominal and won't run into crores! Marketing is the only cost, and it is a very small cost to pay considering there are no other costs involved. This money could be recovered in the first weekend itself, if not the first day.

Dubbing cost is very nominal and won't run into crores! Marketing is the only cost, and it is a very small cost to pay considering there are no other costs involved. This money could be recovered in the first weekend itself, if not the first day.

Goldmines ki dubbing nahin. Genuine dubbing where the meaning and emotions of the scenes don't get lost in translation. As far as I know dubbing costs for Bahubali for all languages other than telugu cost them 5 crores. I guess they have to hire good dialogue writers, lyricists for the songs and good competent dubbing artist to suit the characters of the movie.They even took voice tests of dubbing artist to find the suitable voice for each character. So more than money it take a lot of effort to make it worth going for a dub version. And marketing too run in crores somewhere close to 20 to 30 crores . So thats a good added cost for such ventures. And there is always a risk that such things may not work out. For Saaho Prabhas had the popularity of Bahubali working for him. Any other south indian actor might have been rejected completely based by the kind of promo material we saw. 

Originally posted by ~*sindhu*~

Goldmines ki dubbing nahin. Genuine dubbing where the meaning and emotions of the scenes don't get lost in translation. As far as I know dubbing costs for Bahubali for all languages other than telugu cost them 5 crores. I guess they have to hire good dialogue writers, lyricists for the songs and good competent dubbing artist to suit the characters of the movie.They even took voice tests of dubbing artist to find the suitable voice for each character. So more than money it take a lot of effort to make it worth going for a dub version. And marketing too run in crores somewhere close to 20 to 30 crores . So thats a good added cost for such ventures. And there is always a risk that such things may not work out. For Saaho Prabhas had the popularity of Bahubali working for him. Any other south indian actor might have been rejected completely based by the kind of promo material we saw. 

Do you have any source for this? Because this is an exorbitant amount. Writers don't get paid so much AFAIK. Dubbing artists get paid in thousands, at the most a couple of lakhs.

Big budget Bollywood films spend 20 cr on P&A and medium budget ones spend 10 cr. So even if a movie is elaborately promoted, the cost shouldn't go beyond 20 cr.

Do you have any source for this? Because this is an exorbitant amount. Writers don't get paid so much AFAIK. Dubbing artists get paid in thousands, at the most a couple of lakhs.

Big budget Bollywood films spend 20 cr on P&A and medium budget ones spend 10 cr. So even if a movie is elaborately promoted, the cost shouldn't go beyond 20 cr.

I read it a long time back so I gotto find it out. I will share when I go back home that is if I can find it. I guess the amount goes up when u have various languages to dub in not just a single one.They have to hire different set of writers for different languages.Also a competent writer will charge more than a random one. Again different set of dubbing artists for each character and each language. Same thing for promotions. It will take more than a big budget bollywood movies cause its covering more markets, that is if they are seriously promoting it and giving equal attention to each market. So easily it will be more than 20 crores. 

Is this a bilingual/multilingual film? 

The worst joke i heard is Prabhas is a good looking guy.. he's super ugly, fat, out of shape, & his fat neck is the worst.. overall he's one of the ugliest actor out there.

But movie is a hit & so is Prabhas.. thanks to the Bahubali franchise.

Originally posted by Shabbo.Ji

The worst joke i heard is Prabhas is a good looking guy.. he's super ugly, fat, out of shape, & his fat neck is the worst.. overall he's one of the ugliest actor out there.

But movie is a hit & so is Prabhas.. thanks to the Bahubali franchise.

LOL this is peak Prabhas. He did "puff" up a bit too much post-Baahubali, especially around the face/neck area. 

Edited by shogun - 4 years ago