Poll Question :

Big B had more star power than that of Khans?

Poll Choice
Yes
No
Login To Vote
Posted: 4 years ago

Do you think Big B's startdom was more than that of Khans?

Discuss.

Originally posted by DelusionalMe

Do you think Big B's startdom was more than that of Khans?

Discuss.

he wasn't even bigger than SRK and you're comparing him with all the Khans 

Originally posted by J3601

he wasn't even bigger than SRK and you're comparing him with all the Khans 

I'm asking for people's views.

at their prime - big b was bigger

overall khans were at high threshold for longer period

i voted forr khans

big  b on his peak mighe be bigger then any 1 dnt witness it

but pure mass hysteria on their peak

rajni chiru big b salman srk 

Edited by Phenomenal_One - 4 years ago

The mass hysteria that comes with superstardom has been created by only 4 superstars....Rajesh Khanna, AB Sr, Shahrukh and Salman Khan...no one even comes close to these 4 stars...when it comes to crazy stardom....and I am not saying that the rest are not superstars.....but the craze that these 4 had created was/is unparalleled....and AB Sr was/is the biggest of these 4.

I had heard in an interview about the 4th dimension that some superstars have and although in that interview they were talking about SRK having it,,,,but IMP all these four had/have that 4th dimension....BTW 4th dimension was described as the ability to come out of the screen and touch ur audience...its all about connection.

I always fail to understand comparisons that give you a choice of either one thing or the other, when the subject is so broad. Likes, motivations and life is not that clear cut, things are never black and white. So you make it hard 

I have a theory that all the above mentioned have secured a place in  India's film making history. They are all stars, or as you term it "big" in their own right.  They all have rabid fans who will argue that bigness for one or the other, and they all do deserve their fame.  

I am not going to lie,  I have enjoyed films by all of them, but I am not a person fan, I am a fan of art and the technique of film making.

But since you asked to pick.  I have voted for Mr. A B. Even in this poll is one vs many, that denotes his depth.  More than an actor, and keeping his personal life aside.  The man is an institution, his voice and his presence alone command awe, because he is bigger than life,  he comes from a long line of notable talent, his work trajectory is impressive and even long after he is gone, he will leave an indelible mark in the industry.  

AB. Period.

I will not entertain any chaman arguments against it.

I hv never ever seen as much craze for SRK as I have seen for Hrithik. That guy came from nowhere n created mass hysteria across all age groups. And someone says Big B craze is less than even SRK. What a joke. 

SRK euphoria lasted for hardly 4 yrs from 1995 to 1999 during which his PR swung to call himself King. Even when his track record was full of inconsistency. 2000 was when Hrithik arrived and things were never the same for him. 

Bachchan and Rajnikant shud be compared with each other. Don't insult them by comparing with others. And why r Aamir, SRK, Salman clubbed together? Is it bcoz they r Muslims n hv common surname? U want to compare Individual star with 3 guys collectively who hv different career lows n highs? Stop such nonsense. Treat SRK, Aamir, Salman the same way as you treat other stars. 

Edited by ThunderLight - 4 years ago