Ronakshi OS - You hold my heart forever

Posted: 4 years ago

A small OS. excuse the typos. Do let me know how is it. :)

part 1

Sonakshi's mind was preoccupied during the whole shoot. She had sent her art director to Sippy Mansion for the decorations and had done everything to make sure everything went well. Still, something felt amiss. She could feel the sense of restlessness all day foreshadowing something bad. She wrapped the shoot and sat down to remove her make up, trying to calm down her racing mind.

She had ordered a yellow gown from a newbie designer to wear for Sippy's Janmashtami celebration. Sunitha had neatly placed it on the couch. Sonakshi eyed it once again to make sure that it is nothing gaudy which could irritate Dr. Khadoos. 

I love Sonakshi, not Parvathi. His dialogue echoed in her ears. 

Sonakshi's heart tightened for a minute, thinking the impossibility of such a thing yet she was surprised at the yearning she had. She always thought herself as a mature and understanding person. How can she agree to do such a thing for Rohit, she wondered.

She wiped off the last bit of makeup from her face and leaned back in her relaxing chair looking at her reflection in the mirror. The dark circle under her eye is clearly visible now. The years of hard work, the years of toiling, it reminded her of all that she had done over the years and in fact, Sonakshi was proud of her dark circles. If she was in any other profession, she would have never hidden her dark circles using make-up. Sonakshi closed her eyes for a while to rest and even before she knew it she was fast asleep because of exhaustion.  

In her dream, she saw a 12-year-old little Sonakshi and she was falling. She felt the panic of falling down and heard a distant voice calling for her "Sonakshi..."

"Mamma..."

She opened her face looking for her Mamma, but she found Rohit's concerned face looking at her. A disoriented Sonakshi took a few seconds to come back to her senses. 

"Sonakshi, are you ok?" Rohit's hand automatically went to her wrist to check her pulse. 

"I have been calling you for a while. You never picked up the call and Shankar told me he is on leave today. So thought I will come and pick you up for the Janmashtami Celebration."

Sonakshi nodded as she grabbed the glass of water on the make-up table and gulped it down. She smiled at Rohit.

"Oh ho... I will not miss the function Rohit. Don't worry. You didn't have to come to pick me up. I can drive. Also, Shankar needed a break, he wanted to go to his village and meet his son for Janmashtami."

"So you gave him a day off? You take care of you first, then take care of others." 

Rohit chided her as he sat down near her chair. He held her hand and nuzzled it softly. Sonakshi felt a warm and fuzzy feeling sneaking up her spine. She let her indulge in that temporal feeling for a minute and pulled her hand back slowly so that Rohit does not notice it.

"Sonakshi, let's go in my car. I will drop you back home after the function. Let Ravi drive, you can take a nap in the car." 

As he said this, Rohit leaned in to check her eyes. His smell, Sonakshi recently started noticing it, it reminded her of something powerful and engulfing. Rohit gently stroked her cheek to check the color of her skin and patted it gently.

"Sonakshi, are you on diet? Are you sleeping enough?" 

"eh? hmmm yeah." Distracted by the sudden closeness of Rohit, Sonakshi mumbled.

"Sonakshi, You are anemic. Look at the color of your eyes. Let me get you some vitamin tablets."  

He sat back on his chair, probing for his phone. As he dialed Dr. Dimpy's number, Rohit abstractedly took Sonakshi's hand and held it in his hand gently.  By the time, Rohit was off from the phone, Sonakshi had composed herself. 

"I will get someone to drop the medicine on the set tomorrow. And don't worry madam this medicine does not have side effects. its just vitamin tablets". 

Sonakshi giggled "Let me ask my doctor, Mr. Google, first."

Rohit rolled his eyes in mock anger and shot back. "Are you my girlfriend or his?"

"Acha baba, I will not consult any other doctor ever. Is that ok Dr. Khadoos? Now help me carry my stuff to the car!" 

Sonakshi once again pulled back her hand from his light grip and handed him her duffel bag.

"What! Me?" Rohit snorted in displeasure but pulled it over his shoulder in one swift move. 

"Now let's go?"  Rohit reached out his hand to her. Sonakshi grabbed her gown and bag, Switched off the make-up room light and slipped her hand into his.

Edited by sree07 - 4 years ago

Part 2 

"Sonakshi...Do you know I..." In the car, Rohit turned to Sonakshi in anguish to mutter something about the traffic and stopped midway seeing a sleeping Sonakshi.

"OMG, how can this girl sleep so soundly in a car which is stuck in traffic. Ravi?" 

Rohit murmured half to himself half to Ravi. There were stuck at Ambedkar Road for the last 15 minutes and Rohit has no idea when Sonakshi stopped listening to his non-stop rants about Mumbai traffic and nodded off. He was irritated because of the traffic. 

Seeing Sonakshi asleep, Ravi switched off the Radio. A silence enwrapped Rohit inside the car. He suddenly became aware of Sonakshi's hand in his hand and the warm feeling it gave. He loosened his grip in confusion, he has no idea how long he has been holding it and why he did it. He realized over the last couple of days, he has done it frequently. He pulled back his hands and instantly regretted it. 

Common Rohit, Are you losing it? Rohit chided himself.

Sonakshi turned uncomfortably in her sleep as she tried to adjust her head against the window. Rohit lifted the armrest and folded it back to move closer to Sonakshi. He took the cushion from behind and placed it on his lap. In on gentle movement, he enwrapped Sonakshi in his one arm and gently placed her head on the cushion without disturbing her sleep. He could feel Sonakshi's body stiffening up and then loosening as her head touched the cushion. She hugged his hand in sleep and Rohit smiled to himself in content.

Are you losing it Rohit? Rohit peered outside into the chaos and find himself relaxing inside. The sheer touch of her, the warm feeling of her sound asleep in his lap calmed him within. He could feel every deep breath she takes on his hand, the slight tremble of her lips which touched his fingers and above all, he could feel his heart rising. 

His mind was struggling to find a balance between reality and the lie. Sometimes, he felt like the prince who kissed the princess and brought her back to life. He still remembers the way Sonakshi was lying on the couch unconscious, the way she tugged his heart when her eyes met his for the first time. Then came all the bitter memories. He nodded his head to jerk off all the bitter memories. He placed his other hand gently on her head as if to apologize and started caressing a strand of hair. 

May be finally I have found my Shangri-La, my happy place? He smirked.  

He wondered what it would be like to be her real boyfriend? To hold her hand all the time, to bask in her ceaseless love, to wrap her tiny frame against him... Rohit mind churned out thoughts in a furious pace and he turned beet red. He was jerked back to reality when Ravi honked a nearby bike and he realized traffic started moving. Trying to regain his composure, Rohit instructed Ravi.

"Ravi, get the car to the outhouse first and get Sonakshi's things inside. Then ask Simran to get something for Sonakshi to eat as the first thing. I am sure she might be starving since morning. then you and I have to go out once again" As the car started moving, Rohit held Sonakshi closer determined to move forward in life and embrace the happiness that came his way.

Part 3

"haaa.... this Dr. Khadoos" Sonakshi mumbled as she finished the final touches of her light make-up. Having slept the whole way from film city to Malabar hills, Sonakshi was in full spirits. She brushed the hair as she nibbled on the sandwich, Simran gave her. She was about to call Rohit when she heard the knock on the door. 

"Parvathi Ji, your shoot is ready!" Rohit mocked Babloo's accent. Sonakshi turned to see a stunningly handsome Rohit in a light pink kurta. Sonakshi forgot what she wanted to say and mumbled. 

"Yes..". 

"Sonakshi... You look..." Rohit stopped midway.

"Beautiful...?" Sonakshi gigglingly offered to fill in the sentence.

"hmmm no..." Rohit inched in closer. 

"Now what, you want me to change this as well?" Sonakshi's voice echoed her exasperation and Rohit decided to play with her a little bit.

"Yeah Sonakshi, I think the dress does not match with my dress. Let's see how good we are together" Rohit stood directly behind her and pointed her to the large mirror on the wall. 

"Look at that Sonakshi..." Rohit tried to keep his voice neutral. 

"What's your problem Rohit, we are looking good together" Sonakshi replied more to herself than to him. 

"Really, do you think so?" Rohit held her closer and lowered his head to be in level with hers. "Do you really think we look good together?" Rohit smirked seeing the confusion in Sonakshi's face. 

"haan.." Her kohled eyes have become extra-wide today. He never felt the deepness of those eyes before, now looking at her reflection in the mirror he realized how much he wanted the pretense to be true.

"Sonakshi...You look beautiful" Finally Rohit gave in to see the brightest smile on Sonakshi's face. "but one thing is missing"

"Again!? Now what?" This time, Sonakshi's nostrils literally flared. 

He slipped his hand inside his pocket and took out a small ring. Without much ado, he took her hand and slipped the ring into her ring finger. 

"perfect" He adored the ring and lifted her hand to place a gentle kiss on her ring finger.

Sonakshi, taken aback by this sudden gesture of Rohit, turned and took a step backward.

"Rohit, I think you are overdoing it. What is the need for all this? Please, not everything is fun for me! Please." She was clearly put off the way he put the ring in her finger.

"Sonakshi Rastogi, I think I am in love with you." Rohit looked at her eyes and whispered. His heart thumped in anticipation and brows furrowed in stress. The startling moments between his words and Sonakshi's replay seemed to extend like infinity. He peered into her eyes to gauge her reply. He could sense her uncertainty, her confusion and finally a glimmer of love in her eyes. Taking it as a positive cue, Rohit slipped the hand into the small of her back and held her close to his body. Sonakshi did not object and did not avert her eyes from his. 

"Will you be mine for real? I promise to let you sleep in my lap forever." Rohit held her even closer. Nothing can match the feeling of having her in his arms. He felt her hand closing in on his body.  Rohit smiled. He did not need an answer from her. He knew her like a book. He leaned forward to plant a kiss on her lips to seal his love forever and kissed her full on lips. 

Wow this was so so good! I read it in one go! Amazing job!! Please keep writing! I’m so glad this forum is full of such talented writers! Def write more 👏

Hey there!!!!

This is amazing... Do keep writing...

Beautifully written ❤️❤️😍😍 I was grinning like an idiot the whole time😆😅Do write more😘

So beautifully written.. Loved it.. Would love to read more of it.. 

OMG OMG wow i just loved it 

uff so beautiful

Will you be mine for real? I promise to let you sleep in my lap forever! 

Aww'ing that line 😳

This write-up is magical, truly!!! You are such an amazing writer! Keep the good stories rolling! Amazing job!

Love 

Arayna

Loveeeddddd it❤❤

Please do write more😊