When The Curtain Falls- A Ronakshi OS

Posted: 4 years ago

Sonakshi smiled as Rohit handed her a mug with her favorite green tea. He sat down next to her on the lounge chair in his balcony. 

"So have you decided what to tell them," asked Sonakshi. She turned to face Rohit and took a sip of her tea. 

"About what,” asked Rohit. 

"Pandrah din khatam hone mein bas do din baaki hain." Rohit looked confused for a second until realization dawned on him. His face remained blank but his dark eyes bore into hers.

"What? Dont tell me you dont have a plan. You can't just come home one fine day and say that we broke up. Not after all this drama. Rohit, your family thinks we are madly in love and are... meant to be. Koi toh acha reason chahiye breakup ke liye otherwise they won’t believe it.”

"Sonakshi, why are we thinking about that now. It’s such a nice day and you just got here. Jab waqt aaeyga koi bahana bana lenge."

"I dont know Rohit. I feel so bad about doing this to them. I just want it to be over." He gave her a strange look. Sonakshi didn’t dare think that he was disappointed. Instead she smiled and after a few seconds he smiled back. 

"I understand. You have no idea how grateful I am to you for doing this! You are an amazing friend and a great person, Sonakshi." He put his head down and focused on steeping his tea. 

"Honestly, I am going to miss this you know. Us-"

"What do you mean,” Rohit interrupted as he quickly looked up at her. 

"I mean us, spending time like this and just talking about everything and anything we want to talk about. I am going to really miss it.” She could feel her eyes tearing up so she smiled softly. 

Rohit turned to face her completely and took her hands in his. "Nothing is going to change Sonakshi, except that we wont be able to do this at my house as much. Warna sabko lagega ki hamara patch up ho gaya". He laughed. Sonakshi stayed silent. 

Rohit looked at her questioningly. "What’s wrong?"

"We cant do this, Rohit. Not after this drama is over. Everything will change.” 

"What do you mean? Sonakshi, we are friends! Right?"

"In two days, we will also be ex lovers. We can’t-"

"Exes can remain friends."

"Well, we cant! I mean we will be friends but we can’t keep spending time like this. Your family might not hate me but somewhere they will blame me a little for hurting you."

"I'll take the entire blame.” He squeezed her hands but Sonakshi pulled her hands away from him and placed some distance between them. Rohit noticed and she could see tell it bothered him. 

Rohit hated how strange it felt once she took her hands away. The lack of warmth and the increasing distance between them unnerved him. 

"Rohit, I think both of us somewhere knew that this drama was going to affect our friendship. I just wish it didnt. You are a great friend and I really enjoy spending time with you. In fact-" she stopped herself in case she said too much. 

"Sonakshi, you are over thinking this. My family will be perfectly fine with us being friends." He had his stubborn face on and Sonakshi had it to admit that he looked adorable. She tried to focus on the issue at hand. She couldn’t be weak and give in again. 

“No Rohit. In their eyes, I am the girl you want to marry, not a random girlfriend who might just be a meaningless fling. They think that you love me and want to spend the rest of you life with me. And that’s not true!” Rohit looked up sharply and opened his mouth to speak but was speechless.

Sonakshi decided to continue. “They will not accept us being friends and personally, I dont think I can accept it either. Humein ek dusre ke aadat hone lagi hain! And that’s not good. Sometimes I can’t tell when I am acting and when I’m not. I want to find love again Rohit and I can’t if you keep coming in the way-“ she stopped when she looked at him. He looked so hurt and shocked at her words. Sonakshi tried to explain but somehow didn’t know what to say. 

Rohit felt pinprick tears starting to form on the corner of his eyes so he quickly blinked them away. “Sonakshi, do you want this act to come to an end? Reh paogi mujhse mile bina?” Rohit had no idea why he asked her that and by her expression, he could tell she didn’t see it coming either. 

“I don’t know Rohit. But I’m tired of this act. I can’t pretend anymore.” With that she got up and left before he saw her tears. Rohit opened his mouth to ask her to stop but his throat felt dry. He didn’t want her to leave. He wanted to tell her so badly that the act ended a long time back for him. As he stared at the empty doorway, Rohit wondered if this was the price he had to pay for the act they put on. After all the drama, in the end he was left with nothing but defeating silence. 

The End

Hope you guys like it! No Raima in this story, it’s just a little scene that played in my head so I decided to write it out. Not too happy with the ending but oh well haha Anyway thank you everyone for reading and enjoying my stories!

-Esha

Edited by Raingoddess - 4 years ago

This was so beautiful! Love the whole set up. I wish this happens!

I really envy your capability of setting a scene's location without trying hard🙈 I find that hard to do. The conversation also flows very naturally, this is a good oneshot. Logically speaking, they really won't be able to be friends after this fake courtship and it bothers Rohit so much, hope he introspects. I like how Raima did not even once cross his mind, thank you for that😆

Nicely written, I liked the ending as well. Everything(introspection, realisation, confession) does not need to happen together, it takes time😆

Gah this was soo good! I hope you consider continuing it! 

Wow

I wish this scene will too place in the show

It was awesome 😀

I just wish he told her 😳

Amazing one! 

Loved it💜😋

Originally posted by Raingoddess

Sonakshi smiled as Rohit handed her a mug with her favorite green tea. He sat down next to her on the lounge chair in his balcony. 

"So have you decided what to tell them," asked Sonakshi. She turned to face Rohit and took a sip of her tea. 

"About what,” asked Rohit. 

"Pandrah din khatam hone mein bas do din baaki hain." Rohit looked confused for a second until realization dawned on him. His face remained blank but his dark eyes bore into hers.

"What? Dont tell me you dont have a plan. You can't just come home one fine day and say that we broke up. Not after all this drama. Rohit, your family thinks we are madly in love and are... meant to be. Koi toh acha reason chahiye breakup ke liye otherwise they won’t believe it.”

"Sonakshi, why are we thinking about that now. It’s such a nice day and you just got here. Jab waqt aaeyga koi bahana bana lenge."

"I dont know Rohit. I feel so bad about doing this to them. I just want it to be over." He gave her a strange look. Sonakshi didn’t dare think that he was disappointed. Instead she smiled and after a few seconds he smiled back. 

"I understand. You have no idea how grateful I am to you for doing this! You are an amazing friend and a great person, Sonakshi." He put his head down and focused on steeping his tea. 

"Honestly, I am going to miss this you know. Us-"

"What do you mean,” Rohit interrupted as he quickly looked up at her. 

"I mean us, spending time like this and just talking about everything and anything we want to talk about. I am going to really miss it.” She could feel her eyes tearing up so she smiled softly. 

Rohit turned to face her completely and took her hands in his. "Nothing is going to change Sonakshi, except that we wont be able to do this at my house as much. Warna sabko lagega ki hamara patch up ho gaya". He laughed. Sonakshi stayed silent. 

Rohit looked at her questioningly. "What’s wrong?"

"We cant do this, Rohit. Not after this drama is over. Everything will change.” 

"What do you mean? Sonakshi, we are friends! Right?"

"In two days, we will also be ex lovers. We can’t-"

"Exes can remain friends."

"Well, we cant! I mean we will be friends but we can’t keep spending time like this. Your family might not hate me but somewhere they will blame me a little for hurting you."

"I'll take the entire blame.” He squeezed her hands but Sonakshi pulled her hands away from him and placed some distance between them. Rohit noticed and she could see tell it bothered him. 

Rohit hated how strange it felt once she took her hands away. The lack of warmth and the increasing distance between them unnerved him. 

"Rohit, I think both of us somewhere knew that this drama was going to affect our friendship. I just wish it didnt. You are a great friend and I really enjoy spending time with you. In fact-" she stopped herself in case she said too much. 

"Sonakshi, you are over thinking this. My family will be perfectly fine with us being friends." He had his stubborn face on and Sonakshi had it to admit that he looked adorable. She tried to focus on the issue at hand. She couldn’t be weak and give in again. 

“No Rohit. In their eyes, I am the girl you want to marry, not a random girlfriend who might just be a meaningless fling. They think that you love me and want to spend the rest of you life with me. And that’s not true!” Rohit looked up sharply and opened his mouth to speak but was speechless.

Sonakshi decided to continue. “They will not accept us being friends and personally, I dont think I can accept it either. Humein ek dusre ke aadat hone lagi hain! And that’s not good. Sometimes I can’t tell when I am acting and when I’m not. I want to find love again Rohit and I can’t if you keep coming in the way-“ she stopped when she looked at him. He looked so hurt and shocked at her words. Sonakshi tried to explain but somehow didn’t know what to say. 

Rohit felt pinprick tears starting to form on the corner of his eyes so he quickly blinked them away. “Sonakshi, do you want this act to come to an end? Reh paogi mujhse mile bina?” Rohit had no idea why he asked her that and by her expression, he could tell she didn’t see it coming either. 

“I don’t know Rohit. But I’m tired of this act. I can’t pretend anymore.” With that she got up and left before he saw her tears. Rohit opened his mouth to ask her to stop but his throat felt dry. He didn’t want her to leave. He wanted to tell her so badly that the act ended a long time back for him. As he stared at the empty doorway, Rohit wondered if this was the price he had to pay for the act they put on. After all the drama, in the end he was left with nothing but defeating silence. 

The End

Hope you guys like it! No Raima in this story, it’s just a little scene that played in my head so I decided to write it out. Not too happy with the ending but oh well haha Anyway thank you everyone for reading and enjoying my stories!

-Esha

Please please shall we have a TS/SS/FF out of this?

Hey Esha, you write really well👏. Loved it.... If feasible, please continue this.....

Hope this is how it plays out in the show as well ...

Originally posted by KhayalonKiMalik

This was so beautiful! Love the whole set up. I wish this happens!

Thank you! I hope so too!