FF - Revenge is a game we play *Ch 4 updated*

Posted: 4 years ago

Hey everyone. I've only recently joined IF, have been a silent reader mostly. This storyline has been in my head for some time. I want to apologise beforehand for any out of character-ness, because I've only watched until the episode where Pooja gets PTSD over Suman slapping her (and after that I just read WUs).

Anyways, tell me how you find this story!

Prologue

While Ashok Nivas is a somewhat peaceful house on most days, today there's a sense of anticipation in the air as servants are hurriedly working and preparing for the upcoming function this evening. 

Upstairs, in the master bedroom, a girl is mindlessly humming while she gets ready. She smiles happily at her reflection in the mirror. Downstairs, members of the Mittal family are also busy in the preparations, but show signs of unhappiness.

The house phone rings. "Sonali! Get the phone!" Suman shouts, irritated at the noise.

"Yes, chachi." Sonali runs to the phone, already wanting to cut the call, but picks it up nonetheless. "Hello? …What?!! … Yes, of course! … Bye!" There is an unfamiliar smile on Sonali's face, one that hasn't been seen in months. "Chachi. Chachi! CHACHI! CHACH-"

"Yes, what is it?" 

"You won't believe who it was!"

"Will you tell me or not? I have so much work to do, so hurry up and say what you want to say. Otherwise the queen herself will come down and scream at all of us."

"It's Dhruv bhaiyya! He's back!"

Suman's heart stopped. Dhruv? Her eldest son Dhruv? Who had been wronged by her and then suddenly disappeared? Who she hadn't appreciated until everything fell apart? Even Suman couldn't stop a smile from growing on her face.

"Finally! My son is coming. My son, who has always cared for me, he's coming back to me! I'm so happy! Tell me Sonali, where is he right now?"

"He's at Indore station. He asked for the driver to pick him up."

Suman looks around the house and sees the driver near the entrance. "Hey driver, go and pick up my son from the station!"

"Sorry but I can't do that without ma'am's permission," the driver replies curtly. Sonali gives a look to Suman, as she doubts they would receive permission.

"What is all this noise?" Sonali and Suman look up at the stairway, where the lady of the house is walking out of the master bedroom. "Why aren't you two busy getting ready?"

"Ma'am. She is asking me to go to the station to pick up her son," the driver says before Suman can say anything.

"Her son? But Kabir is in the office. Why would he be at the station?" The girl walks only to the platform on the stairs, not bothering to come down.

"Actually, Dhruv bhaiyya is here," Sonali clarifies.

"Dhruv? After almost 7 months, he appears out of nowhere and you're all just going to accept him with no questions? If today were any other day, I would call the police to let them know that a kidnapper is back in town! However, since today is a special day, I'll allow this just once. Driver, go!" the lady says condescendingly, looking at her painted nails. "Sonali! Get back to work! And mummy," her tone shifts to sickly sweet, "I'm feeling so generous today, so why don't you go prepare the thali to welcome your dear son?"

And with that, she walks down the stairs, to see how the preparations for the function are going. She thinks to herself, 'All this excitement reminds me of another day I had waited for…the day Kabir came home, the day our plans were put into action. All we're missing now is a sculpture of a Mittal's head with a bullet through the forehead. Although, Dhruv's return makes for a nice present. He can stay for a day and then tomorrow I'll call the police on him. Hmmm, whose head would be best for the sculpture?'

It didn't take long for the driver to return. By this point, all the Mittals in the house, Jay, Sonali, Chanda, Suman, and even Dadaji, have all assembled at the entrance.

Dhruv steps out of the car, but he was not the Dhruv they had last seen. He seemed happier and healthier, as though nothing bad had ever happened to him.

"Maa! Everyone!" He came towards them, taking blessings from Suman and Dadaji, and hugging and greeting the other three. He took a step back to look at his family altogether.

"Dhruv! It's been so long! And you're looking so much better than before!" Suman exclaims. Dhruv smiles bashfully.

"I know, Maa. All those months ago, I wasn't in the right state of mind. But everything has changed! And I want you all to meet the person who has helped me become who I am today!"

Suman and the other Mittals are left confused, some even dreading what would happen next. Dhruv walks to the other side of the car to help someone come out. The Mittals see that it is a woman in bridal wear, and a ghunghat obscuring her face. Dhruv stands her in front of the family, only a few steps from the entrance of the house, and puts his arm around his bride.

Suman is reminded of the day when Kabir, Kavya and Aarush had stood in front of everyone less than a year ago. She feels an uneasiness in her heart, but chooses to ignore it, forcefully reminding herself that Kavya had been a blessing in disguise, and that this woman could be a blessing in disguise too.

"Maa. I know you might be upset that I brought home a wife without telling anyone, but I want you, I want all of you to be happy for me. She's the light of my life! She saved me from my own darkness. I'm so thankful of her presence in my life, and I want to share this happiness with everyone!" Dhruv says before anyone can complain.

His wife bends to take blessings from Suman and Dadaji wordlessly. Dhruv keeps smiling like a lovesick puppy. Behind all the Mittals is the lady of the house, rolling her eyes at whatever family reunion drama is going on.

"Won't you introduce us to our new bahu?" Suman asks excitedly, deciding that surely this woman is angel who has brought Dhruv back to how he was before. She brings out the puja thali in order to properly welcome her son and bahu.

"Of course!" Dhruv slowly lifts the ghunghat to reveal his new wife's beautiful, glowing face.

"Namaste, mummy," she says demurely.

Suman drops the thali out of shock. The other Mittals are similarly stunned. Even the lady of the house widens her eyes at the face reveal.

"YOU?" Suman spits with all her hate.

"So finally, you are here! I've been waiting for you!" says the lady of the house, still standing behind the Mittals. She runs around them, stopping in front of Dhruv's wife, before hugging her. "Di!!"

But nothing can stop Suman now. 

"How dare you show your face here, Pooja Sharma?!"

End

A few things to note.

I'm writing in english even though personally I think hindi flows better, only because hindi is not my first language.

This basically follows the story up until friday's episode, but some things might be different (only because I haven't watched the episodes properly). If there's anything that is too different, or if there is a mistake anywhere, let me know.

I couldn't come up with a better phrasing than "lady of the house", and I know I repeated it so many times, but I was trying to keep some suspense.

I don't have a proper plot thought out for this, just a vague idea of how I wanted the show to be. So I am open to suggestions. 

This story will be dark. Quite dark. Just a heads up. 

So lady of the house is rani? 

a dark story...intersting

Originally posted by AnjuRish

So lady of the house is rani? 

Yep! I tried to make it seem as though it could've been Pooja up until the end of the prologue.

Originally posted by shruzzy

a dark story...intersting

I hope I can actually make it somewhat interesting LOL

Originally posted by mistertweetums

Yep! I tried to make it seem as though it could've been Pooja up until the end of the prologue.

I hope I can actually make it somewhat interesting LOL

try karne mein kya burai hai!!!!

Chapter 1 - A circle's beginning is its end

"How dare you show your face here, Pooja Sharma?!" Suman shouts. "Didn't you have enough fun ruining my Dhruv's life? My family's life? Now you want to ruin us again?"

"Maa, please calm down. It's nothing like that," Dhruv tries to pacify his mother. "Things are different now, I swear! So many things have happened… we just want to live happily together. And for what she did to me as Janhvi, I've forgiven and forgotten. I hope you all can too."

"How do you know she isn't tricking you? That she didn't fake-marry you again?" says Jay accusatorially, glaring at Pooja.

"Trust me. Our marriage wasn't faked, and nor was it forced. Whatever happened, happened willingly and happily. Isn't that right, jaan?" Dhruv smiles lovingly at Pooja, looking into her beautiful doe eyes. His hand is on her shoulder, and she moves a hand of her own on top of his, gives it a reassuring squeeze. Her mouth curves up the slightest bit as she replies with a soft "yes".

"No, no. This can't- this can't be happening. This can't be happening." Suman begins to tremble, repeating the same sentence over and over.

Dadaji takes note of this, and asks Chanda to get some water for Suman. "Jay, help me take your chachi inside."

"Yes, Dadaji." Jay leads Dadaji and Suman inside to the main sitting area, but not before throwing Pooja another glare. Now only Sonali and Rani are left standing at the entrance.

"Well, aren't you going to welcome me inside, Rani? As the new bahu?" Pooja asks after an awkward moment of silence.

"Of course, di!" Rani beams at Pooja before turning to Sonali with an expression of disdain. "Sonali!" she barks, "go get the necessary things for my sister's ghar pravesh. And don't forget to clean up this mess on the floor," Rani indicates to the dropped puja thali

"Y-yes," Sonali stammers before hurrying away. Rani turns back to her sister, once again beaming happily.

"I really missed you, di!"

"I missed you too, my little doll," Pooja says, bringing her hands up to Rani's cheeks to give them a squeeze.

"Di!! I'm not a little kid anymore!" Rani pouts at Pooja, making Pooja chuckle at her antics.

Sonali returns and places the tumbler of rice and the plate with alta on the ground, before handing a puja thali to Rani. She moves to pick up the other thali on the floor, but freezes when Pooja addresses her.

"Sonali, what are you doing? Rani, why don't you get a servant to pick it up?"

Sonali gives a fearful glance at Rani, who is showing her displeasure very clearly, then looks at Pooja.

"That's what I'm doing," Rani mutters under her breath. She quickly pastes a fake smile on her face and says, "Sonali… it's okay, you can go inside. I'm sure you have a lot of other things to do." Sonali scurries inside hastily. Rani then calls for a servant, telling him to clean up the mess and then take the new couple's luggage to their room.

Rani looks at the puja thali with a little confusion. She stands directly in front of Pooja and starts to move the thali around her.

Pooja coughs to stop Rani. "Wrong way, Rani."

"Oh, right."

"And use your ring finger to-"

"Yes, yes, I get it."

After Rani is done with her aarti of Pooja and Dhruv, she moves to the side. Pooja tips over the kalash with her right foot and steps onto the plate of alta with both feet. 

She doesn't move until Dhruv stands next to her and takes her hand in his. Only then does she step off the plate, leaving behind bloody red footprints on the clean white floor. They stop a few metres away from where Suman and the others are sitting.

"Look at these decorations. It's as though you knew we were coming beforehand," Dhruv at last notices the state of the house. "It reminds me of our wedding reception. Say, what's all this for?"

"Dhruv- sorry, I mean jeejaji- it's been exactly six months since Kabir and I married, so I decided to hold a little party. And the two of you arriving today is the best gift ever. In fact, no one will say anything until this evening. We can surprise him during the event! He will be so shocked," Rani gushes. She can already imagine the jaw-dropping expression Kabir might have.

"I didn't even know the two of you had gotten married," Dhruv says in mild surprise. "I suppose there are congratulations in order. Hey!" he shouts at the servant carrying in his luggage, "Be careful with that! We have fragile items in there!"

Rani thanks Dhruv, not at all perturbed by his sudden shouting. "Why don't the two of you freshen up then get ready for the party? You can go into your old room, it's been left untouched di."

Pooja and Dhruv make their way to their room while Jay and Chanda give them accusing looks, and Dadaji attempts to calm a shaking Suman.

"Ahem, ahem," Rani pretends to cough to gather the Mittals' attention. "Normally I would tell you all to do your work, then vanish for the night. But di's sudden, yet pleasantly received arrival has put me in a good mood. So I'm officially inviting you all as esteemed guests to my six month marriage anniversary function. Jay, be a dear and tell Sonali as well. I'm sure, even Kabir would be happy to see his family tonight." Rani smirks a little, and retreats to the master bedroom with a light bounce in every step.

When Pooja and Dhruv enter their room, Pooja takes a moment to survey the room, subconsciously remembering the last time she had been in there.

Six Months Ago

She sat in front of the mirror, looking at her glowing yet blank face. Though outwardly she was expressionless, inside her mind there was a tumultuous storm of emotions raging at her, threatening to break her into tiny pieces.

Shame, from the humiliation she's been forced to face for the past few days, no, weeks, at the hands of Kabir Mittal. From being forced to entertain potential business partners, to applying dirtied haldi. Every moment of humiliation brings forth unpleasant memories of her life shortly after dadda's death.

Despair, from the strange separation from her mother. After Rani's birth, all she had wanted for was her mother's love, and all she had needed after dadda left was her mother's guidance. Yes, she had Amma, but an insecure little part of her mind screamed that Amma's care stems from a gratefulness towards Dr. Ashok Sharma, not from an unconditional love.

Hurt, because she had always respected Kabir and his strong sense of morality. Yet if this was how he treated her, does that make him the villain, or her? She couldn't make sense of how Kabir was attempting to portray PK Mittal, and the other senior Mittals, in a positive light. Praying for PK's peace when he knowingly ruined innumerous lives was like a slap in the face to her entire existence.

All these emotions accumulated into an undying flame of anger. She had thought that leaving PK Mittal in that burning building had blown out her fire of anger, but Kabir Mittal had easily revived it.

In a momentary burst of rage, she grabbed an innocent glass of water from the table nearby, and hurled it towards the floor. Pooja breathed heavily, as though that one act alone had exerted all her energy and anger. She was so very tired of being angry all the time.

She looked at the mess she made, and decided to clean it up by hand. She picked up the scattered glass shards one by one, placing them on the table every now and then. She was so absorbed in the way the sharp edges of the shards scratched at her delicate skin, it was almost addicting. 

When she held the final piece of glass in her palm, she clenched her hand around it and felt the edges dig deep and cut open her skin. Streams of blood dripped from her closed fist, running like little rivers down her pale skin and onto the shining white floor. It was hypnotic, and dare she say, freeing.

She had been so entranced, she didn't notice when the door opened, or when someone began screaming at her. She didn't notice when she was made to sit on the bed, or when the shard was removed from her hand. When her hand was finally wrapped, she felt somewhat aware of what surroundings. 

"Di, please be a little careful," she heard Rani's pleading voice. Her little doll always knew how to bring her back to reality. Rani was her reason to live. She would have died a long time ago if it weren't for her little sister. "You know I hate it when carelessly hurt yourself, di."

They were lying on the bed now, with her head resting on Rani's shoulder, and Rani's fingers running soothingly through Pooja's hair. She was being lulled into sleep. She barely heard Rani say "Di, I promise that from now on, I won't let you hurt yourself…" before sleep claimed her.

The next day, she had woken up alone, cold, confused-

Present

"Lost in thought?" Dhruv asks from behind her.

"Hmm. Just some old memories."

"Don't worry," Dhruv speaks softly. He walks to her, wraps his arms around her from behind and trails his nose up her neck. "We'll be making some new memories here."

"Is that so?" She elbows Dhruv lightly in the stomach. Dhruv dramatically falls on the bed.

"Are you trying to kill me?"

"Shut it and get ready."

"Pick out my clothes for me?"

"You said yourself that you're reminded of our wedding reception. Just wear what you wore then."

"And what will you wear, Mrs. Dhruv Mittal? The saree? Or what you have on now?"

"If I had a full-sleeve blouse, I'd consider wearing the saree. I'll figure something out."

"Whatever you wear, you'll look good. Personally, I think you look better without clothes- hey!" Pooja throws one of the small chair cushions at Dhruv.

End

Okayyy a couple of things:

I may have messed with the timeline a little. It's weird how quick all the marriage ceremonies are happening (according to the WUs) so I'm going to pretend that the haldi and shanti puja happened on one day, and the marriage was set to happen the day after. I hope that's okay!

I think I spent an hour trying to figure out how aarti and ghar pravesh works, but I didn't even end up writing it out properly. I am a fool. But I found out that when applying the tika, the ring finger signifies peace, the middle finger represents long life, the index signifies immortality and the thumb is for strength.

Rani is definitely one of my favourite characters. Before the revamp, one of her character traits was her possessiveness over Pooja, and it's one of the things that made me love her. I also like Dhruv, for similar reasons (his obsessiveness over Pooja).

Even though I hate what's happening in the show right now, it makes me more fired up to write. I'm in this for the long term.

*internally screaming at how EBSS went from Netflix inspired to typical family soap*

Chapter 2 - Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai

She sits in front of the dressing table in the master bedroom, attempting to wear her necklace.

"May I come in?"

Rani twists her body around, hands behind her neck, to see Pooja standing at the door.

"Di! You scared me! Of course you can come in." Rani turns back to the mirror to fix her necklace. Pooja walks in, making sure to close and lock the door before she approaches Rani to help her with her necklace. Rani stares at her through the mirror. "What's this, di? You're coming to the party like this?" Rani asks in slight disappointment as she eyes Pooja's outfit.

Pooja is wearing a simple maroon gown with a black belt around the waist. The gown covers her whole body, leaving only her hands and head free. Her hair is in a messy bun and her only piece of jewellery is a very unnoticeable mangalsutra. On the other hand, Rani is wearing a white saree with intricate silver designs. To complement her outfit, she has matching bangles, her necklace, a pair of diamond earrings, a few rings, and a maang tika she has yet to wear.

"Rani, even if I come to the party in my pyjamas, no one will care because it isn't my party. But you," Pooja pauses to reach for a brush, some hairbands, pins and the maang tika, "are the star of the evening. Everyone will be clamouring to see how pretty my little doll looks tonight." Pooja braids the top half of Rani's hair and secures the maang tika with a pin. "There. Now you're looking exactly like a fairy."

Rani appreciates her reflection for an entire minute before abruptly standing and dragging her sister to the long sofa. "Oh di, I have so much to tell you about! So much has happened, I don't know where to start!"

"Hey hey hey! Be careful. Just relax, Rani and tell me from the start," Pooja tries to calm her overenthusiastic sister. She lets out an "uff!" as she lands heavily on the sofa. Rani takes her place next to her, leaving no distance in between. "Okay, now tell me."

"First, about maa-"

"What? What happened to maa?" Pooja screams frantically.

"Now you chill, di! I was saying that I made the decision to admit maa to one of the best psychiatric hospitals in Indore, where she is receiving the best care and treatment to become fully aware again. I didn't want her to be around all these untrustworthy Mittals. I... that's okay, right?" Rani looks a little unsure.

Pooja gives an inscrutable look. She then cups Rani's face with one hand and places a soft kiss on her forehead. "You made a very smart decision. I'm proud of you," Pooja murmurs.

Basking in Pooja's approval, Rani continues proudly, "I also joined one of our companies. Remember I asked you if I could, but then we never got time to sort that out? Now I am officially an employee at Sharma Medical Industries."

"Wow! Since when was my little doll so responsible? Truly, I am delighted to hear this news." Pooja becomes a little emotional and wraps an arm around Rani's shoulder to bring her closer and rubs their cheeks together. "Aaah," Pooja wails, "my little girl is growing up!"

"Di!" Rani says petulantly, yet she relaxes into the side-hug not even a second later.

"Speaking of maa, did you tell amma that I'm back?"

Rani slowly leans out of the hug. "Umm, no not yet."

"Then what are you waiting for? Actually no. Better yet, give me your phone so I can surprise her on call-" Pooja tries to reach for Rani's phone.

"No! I mean, amma is out of town at the moment. For an NGO project that she's been pretty invested in recently. She only just left a few days back. It'll take her some time to return. There's no point in disturbing her now. We can surprise her when she's here," Rani rambles.

"Alright then. There's no problem. It's such a small matter Rani, why are you so tense?" Pooja seems confused.

Rani smiles uneasily. "Because this is responsibility, di."

Pooja laughs in response. "Okay, forget about all this. Now tell me about you and Kabir." The mere mention of his name brings a smirk to Rani's face, but then it drops a moment later.

"Wait. First you tell me, what's up with you and Dhruv? Please don't tell me that you're actually married."

"Okay, I won't tell you." Pooja has a teasing smile on her lips.

"Seriously, di, tell me what's going on!"

"It's true."

"What?!"

"It's true… that we aren't actually married."

Rani shoves Pooja on the side. "Then say it like that. Why are you keeping me in suspense?"

"Why so serious, little joker?"

"Di!" says Rani exasperatedly. "Does that mean you're tricking him again? Cluelessness should have its limits."

"No, it's nothing like that. Dhruv and I… we've come to a compromise. For now, you can think of him as being on our team." Rani looks a little bewildered at first. Then she pouts. "What's wrong, doll?" Pooja asks, seeing the displeasure on Rani's face.

"I don't like it when other people are on OUR team," Rani says as she puts her arms around her sister.

"You haven't changed at all," Pooja chuckles. "Think of it like this. In this game, we are the players, because we plan our moves. But Dhruv is like a pawn, who does whatever is told of him. Do you understand?"

"What a plot twist, di! The Mittals will never believe it. It'll be like Janhvi all over again!" Rani says in excitement.

"Hmm. We'll talk about this later. Now tell me about you and Kabir!"

"Oh Di, you wouldn't even believe what happened!" Rani gets comfortable on the sofa and recounts the events as though she were retelling the story of her favourite TV serial. "When you disappeared, I was really worried. But then I remembered how you'd always tell me to go with the flow and improvise, so that's what I did! I pretended to be you and took your place, and that fool Kabir didn't suspect a thing. He found out it was me when we were both in the bedroom already. Oh God! His face was to die for."

"What? So Mr. Special Services Mittal didn't have any idea that it wasn't me until the suhaag raat? Who knows how he survived in the army for so long if he's this easily duped."

"Precisely! And then, since this property is technically only in your name, I told him that his family has no right to stay here. But then I felt some pity, so I said that I'd be willing to keep his family members around as servants."

"And he agreed?"

"He had no choice. I used the age old technique of threatening him with self-harm."

Pooja gives a shark-like grin and straightens her back. "A classic Rani technique that's ninety-nine percent effective. Your life will change after using this technique. You'll never want to use another method again! And if it doesn't work, it comes with a deadly guarantee." Rani giggles at Pooja's behaviour.

"That's about it. I've been bossing everyone around for these past months. Now they'll always think twice before messing with either one of us. They thought that their revenge would be this quick and easy? No way! We had to wait twenty years to get what rightfully belongs to us. If they want their rich lifestyle back, they'll need to earn it!" Rani's tone becomes increasingly angry. "Di, you wouldn't believe the kind of idealistic crap Kabir spouted at the altar. Something about repenting for our sins and apologising to the Mittal family. Why should we? Why should we apologise when they haven't even bothered to try to repent or apologise? They themselves are the criminals and he wants us to apologise? Not only are they responsible for dadda's death, but they're also liable for all those lives lost to that corrupted formula! We-"

"Shhh-shhh-shhh. Calm down, Rani. The door may be closed but even the walls of this house are our enemies," Pooja says very quietly.

"We didn't kill anyone. Not like them. So why are we the ones deserving of punishment?" Rani stifles her sobs by burying her face into Pooja's shoulder.

"Sometimes what happens to us isn't karma, it's kismat- fate. When fate plays its game with us, we have to actively play and take back control of our lives." Pooja lifts Rani's face to stare directly into her eyes. "And you know what? You, Rani, have become a formidable opponent for fate. How skilfully you've turned the tables in your favour. I really am so immensely proud of you today." She bumps her forehead softly against Rani's forehead. Rani shifts to lay her head sideways on Pooja's shoulder.

"Di? There's, umm, something else I have to tell you about," Rani sounds a little worried.

"Then say it."

"The thing is…" Rani trails off. She checks her phone to see the time, only to suddenly get up from the sofa. "Di! We spent so much time talking, that now we barely have any time until the party starts! I haven't even finished preparing for the party yet!"

"Chill, Rani. It's your party. It'll start when you want it to. And what preparing are you talking about? You look plenty ready to me."

Rani rolls her eyes. "I have to fix my make-up, give the servants a rundown of the event, make sure all the preparations are okay," she lists.

"At least tell me what you wanted to say."

"There's no time, di," Rani makes Pooja stand and then pushes her towards the door. "I'll tell you tomorrow, for sure."

"Okay, okay, I'm going," Pooja concedes.

Once Pooja is out of the room, Rani shuts the door and leans her back against it. She takes a few deep breaths and brings her hand up to her chest to feel her heart.

'I don't know why my heart is beating so fast,' she thinks. 'I don't know what I was thinking. If I told her, who knows what her reaction might be. Luckily I stopped her from contacting amma, but then I had to open my big mouth. What will I do if she asks me tomorrow? No, I can easily talk about anything else. Hopefully she won't be suspicious of me. I won't give her any reason to doubt me.'

Six Months Ago

The room was almost entirely dark, except for the slivers of moonlight peeking through the curtained windows. Rani and Pooja appeared to be sleeping peacefully on the bed. The night was relatively quiet, with the occasional sound of the howling wind, hushed whispers, footsteps-

Pooja opened her eyes in alarm. She saw strange shadows, strange silhouettes. Just as she opened her mouth to scream, a gloved hand holding a white cloth covered her mouth and nose. Pooja tried to make some muffled noises to wake Rani before she went unconscious, but Rani did not stir.

"Let's tie her up and get her out of here," a voice harshly whispered.

Another voice whispered, "Put a blindfold on her."

"Come on, we gotta be quick, before anyone notices!" said a third whispering voice.

After the three kidnappers left the room with Pooja in tow, Rani opened her eyes and slowly sat up.

'Sorry di, but I had no other option left. I said that I would never allow this marriage to happen. You were too busy being a pushover to come up with a plan. And I know that you would never listen to my ideas. But there is no way I would let you and Kabir get married.' Rani smirked a little. 'Poor Kabir Mittal. He doesn't have the slightest idea that his chosen bride will be long gone by the time he is married. I'm going to make sure he regrets ever messing with Rani Sharma. But first,' Rani paused her internal monologue to get her phone, 'I have to get rid of all evidence. Thanks to the stupidity that is PK Mittal, this room never even had cameras installed. Checking CCTV footage won't do squat.'

On her screen, the messaging app was clearly open. The messages read:

"Change of plans. Come earlier. 3am?"

"Ok boss"

She deleted the entire chat and the contact. She checked the time before putting her phone down.

'It's almost dawn. No point in going back to sleep. I might as well get ready, because it won't be that easy to fool Kabir if he can see any part of my tanned skin. And I need to make sure that amma stops Kabir from interacting with me. Otherwise he is always manhandling di.' Rani sighed and got up from the bed.

'Today truly will be an auspicious day,' she thought with a smile.

End

Isn't Rani just the best sister ever? LOL

There was a lot of exposition in this one. Some bombs have been dropped. I was conflicted before, especially with Pooja and Dhruv. I'm not sure if I wanted the pairing, given that most viewers prefer JaBir. But the best part is that we know Pooja lies to Rani sometimes, so is their marriage real? Is it fake? I don't know. You tell me.

One thing that appealed to me about this show was that almost every character was grey. I think Kavya (and Aarush) was the only truly white character prior to revamp. So I'm trying to make all the characters as grey as possible.

Let me know what you think!

Edited by mistertweetums - 4 years ago

A Truly treat as viewer or say as fan of show it has been not only the characters but the whole show has been white washed in name of revamp. . . . Pooja and kabir together is eye candy. . . . But i just loved ur ff

Wow i like the way it is moving 

I have stopped watching... I truely supported j or now p since she was right

I don't understand k his father was wrong why his family was punished... Hello his grandpa mother chachi were equally responsible 

Originally posted by shruzzy

A Truly treat as viewer or say as fan of show it has been not only the characters but the whole show has been white washed in name of revamp. . . . Pooja and kabir together is eye candy. . . . But i just loved ur ff

Aww thank you!!! I'm trying to keep everyone as grey as possible! Can't stand a Pooja that is too positive!

Originally posted by maivelli

Nice loved it 

Thank you!!!

Originally posted by AnjuRish

Wow i like the way it is moving 

I have stopped watching... I truely supported j or now p since she was right

I don't understand k his father was wrong why his family was punished... Hello his grandpa mother chachi were equally responsible 

Thank you!!! 

Same, I have also stopped watching. With j/p, the entire show was mainly from her perspective which tells me that the writers wanted us to support her from the start. So this whole repenting thing really rubs the wrong way.

I think k doesn't know about how involved the senior Mittals are. Or the writers forgot that they literally show a scene where the Mittals all watch together as Ashok Sharma died. But us viewers never forget!