Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Optimist_d thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: trinitodebone

Indian tv is so illogical and cliched. Always slapping. That looks so strange and disturbing to those of us who grew up in the west and are not Indian You are angry insulted well yell shove etc ( these shows seem to have no problem showing physical violence on both sides  without any strong understandable backstory) use her mom as leverage to get back all your family property and money and get an apology and then tell her never show her face again. But no force her to marry you ( how many times has this been down before) . It seems an extreme illogical reaction to being slapped . Supposed everyone went around doing that lol. Inspite of multiple marriages in itv they still pay lip service convenientlyto marriage is sacred can’t divorce  when it suits the storyline so Kabir is also harming himself by his revenge saddling himself for life with a woman he “ hates”

But we all know all these shows  need to bring the leads together in the context of marriage to show the romance between them . This is what the thirsty audience craves . It is what they look at tv for a hot male lead attractive couple to see their favs or basically the leads romancing onscreen . Romance outside the context of marriage dating gradually getting to know each other is a big no no - immoral will shock and corrupt viewers who some of whom  actually take their  moral and social cues from badly written fictional tv shows and soaps at that .Also if the leads appear single in real life take feels from every little thing offscreen and in interviews and ship offscreen also  . Also butcher the male lead . Have him turn into a monster compared to who he originally was and then redeem him have hate suddenly turn to love because that is the greatest  type of love story and all will be well 🙄

Honestly, Indians are no where near to what it's shown on ITV or in movies(in some cases). At least people surrounding me are not like that. 

The way things are shown on ITV are just for TRP most of the times. 

I think the problem here is that, people need drama. None of the mid aged aunties are interested in watching any sensible heart to heart convos between leads(no offense to anyone). I don't follow anyone on social media so not sure about the fandom. 

Rather than going behind TRPs, if people invest time on building the story line and not losing its originality, they'll not lose the true fans of the show who are actually interested in what they offered through promos. Eventually, people start following good work. But it needs time. 

Just to gain TRP, most of the shows (especially on SP) are butchering with the main characters. I don't even want to talk about whitewashing. ML accepting his mistakes and apologizing is the rarest thing on ITV. 

There's no end to this topic dear. But again, only few channels gives importance to content. Yeh to hona hi tha! 

trinitodebone thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pranu_d

Honestly, Indians are no where near to what it's shown on ITV or in movies(in some cases). At least people surrounding me are not like that. 

The way things are shown on ITV are just for TRP most of the times. 

I think the problem here is that, people need drama. None of the mid aged aunties are interested in watching any sensible heart to heart convos between leads(no offense to anyone). I don't follow anyone on social media so not sure about the fandom. 

Rather than going behind TRPs, if people invest time on building the story line and not losing its originality, they'll not lose the true fans of the show who are actually interested in what they offered through promos. Eventually, people start following good work. But it needs time. 

Just to gain TRP, most of the shows (especially on SP) are butchering with the main characters. I don't even want to talk about whitewashing. ML accepting his mistakes and apologizing is the rarest thing on ITV. 

There's no end to this topic dear. But again, only few channels gives importance to content. Yeh to hona hi tha! 

Good point but I wonder if it is only middle aged women who like such content. All shows including this one have a following on social media and indeed most of these followers seem to be teenaged girls in school or young working women in their twenties . Even on this forum many might be in the same age range . This is not only true for this show but many indian  soap operas . So clearly these people are looking at the show on tv or online whether continuously, on and off or just bits and pieces and clips here and there and taking time to comment whether to critique or support. I wonder what draws this age group to Indian soaps time and time again .Interesting phenomenon  

ChalkNCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

@bold - true that 🤣

So just for the sake of Vyom's parents, kavya shouldn't move on in life. Wow! 👏

Kavya must be having a  peaceful life now😆

It is better to be single than have a husband like Kabir and criminal Mittal in laws

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: NeverOldEnough

Kavya must be having a  peaceful life now😆

It is better to be single than have a husband like Kabir and criminal Mittal in laws

yes lol 😂...kavya was the lucky one..she got away..poor Pooja wasn’t,.now she’s stuck with the Mittals 😂

VintageWine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Indira1211

yes lol 😂...kavya was the lucky one..she got away..poor Pooja wasn’t,.now she’s stuck with the Mittals 😂

Not just stuck, but regretting every single shit. Blaming herself of how she dint value the earlier rituals she carelessly took. Broods over the fact her mother wasn't with her since a young age and hence she isn't aware of all the good good acts her revenge seeking, trying to modify her hubby darling is teaching her. 

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

if you like love stories you should watch the revamp too.zain shrenu have amazing chemistry

Sure dear! Thank you so much! 🤗

I'll watch the serial till 53rd episode then.. Anyways, whatever has happened after that, I think I got a clarity on it .. But to enjoy Shrenu's work, I'll watch the initial episodes and skip all the latest ones. 

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

many  romantic heroes like Arnav shlok shivay did forced marriage or meaningless marriage for revenge.there the heroines were innocent.here while taking revenge pooja hurt the innocents too.so it doesn't look that terrible.but I guess it's not clear whether kabir married pooja only for revenge or not

Thank you so much 😳

The whole concept of wedding is so pure.  Agreed that pooja's reasons to get married were different.. But seriously, Kabir is gonna marry her just for that slap? 

Kabir's character is butchered beyond my imagination