PreRish FF: Not His Type Of Woman P2 PG4 23/08

Posted: 4 years ago

Hey, so I had wrote this story for Adiya, but decided it would also work for PreRish, so with some minor edits - and some major to come, I hope you enjoy x

Finding love has never been easy for anyone, especially Prerna Sharma, who has decided to fall for the handsome, chauvinistic billionare who hires her to be a server at a prestigious event. Can she find love with the man who she believes is out of her league or will she always just be the girl that isn't his type of woman?

1: ~A Deal With The Devil

Have you ever felt like you're drowning? Pushed down by a force so strong you doubt you'll ever rise up again. Your lungs are so full of water, burning your skin even when you think you've coughed it all up.

Lilly Fairchilde once said that even the most hardened criminal is starving for the same thing that motivates the innocent baby; love and acceptance.

But, aren't we all missing something, wishing we had the kind of love that makes us a little dizzy, but so full of warmth, or maybe you have that kind of love, maybe its something else you're seeking.

Life is full of a million pathways, we never know what pathway will take us where, but we travel on the one that seems best to us- using that logic life is a journey, full of the expected and the unexpected and maybe, if you're lucky- it will also include love, the one that sets your soul on fire.

Well, this is my journey, my pathway leading to love, and sadly I only have a limited time to find it. Fingers crossed the man I have set my eye on will love me, but there is one issue.

I'm not his type of woman.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when a tall woman snapped her fingers in front of my face "Excuse me, are you deaf?"

"No, not deaf, just ignorant to people who are rude" I sighed "What can I do for you?" My smile was tight, as fake as the nails on her fingers.

"You waitresses are the worst, I need a refill" she whined loudly as if this was the biggest inconvenience of her life, and by the way she acted it was easy to believe she hadn't faced many hardships.

I grabbed the glass, making my way over to the bar "Jerry, I need some rum and coke".

"For you?" He laughed "Oh come on Prerna, don't let her get to you" Jerry had always been a good friend, one that took each day as it came and brought the life to the party, maybe that was why he thrived as a bartender for the rich, either way he was a good source of comfort when she needed him to be.

I rolled my eyes "I wish, people like her only remind me of my need for a drink that will make my head spin", he passed me a glass and I made my way back over to the woman, but in my haste tripped over my feet, resulting in the drink pouring all over a man's shirt.

He looked down at his navy blue blazer, pulling it apart to look at his now brown stained shirt, then ever so slowly he looked back up at me, greying hair shining beneath the light, his eyes twinkled and there was nothing more I wanted than to drown in the depths of them. Shaking myself out of checking him out I braced myself for whatever words were about to be thrown at me.

"Oh, my, gosh" the woman waved her hands dramatically "How inconsiderate, you should get her fired Rishi" she glared my way.

His gruff voice brought me back out of my reverie "I usually like my drinks in my mouth, not on my shirt" his smile was infectious, his eyes wandering up and down my body before stopping at my eyes.

"Im sorry Sir, I wasn't watching where I was going" was it just me or was it hot in here? God he was hot, an Adonis, a beautiful specimen of man.

He cracked another smile "I guess you were just lost in my eyes, it's okay, i'll let you off" he tapped my shoulder gently "What was your name again?"

"Prerna, Sir".

Rishabh tapped his chin "Prerna Sir, what an unusual last name" then with a breathy chuckle he whispered into my ear "Call me Mr Bajaj, everyone else does".

I nodded sheepishly, I couldn't believe I was now on surname basis with my crush, take it from me, longing from afar and stealing glances works, the proof is here. Turning around, I wandered over to a quiet corner to have my mental break down in private, this was a dignified event you know.

XXX

I stood impatiently by the coats, taking tickets and then returning the guests their things. Without thinking I held my hand out for the number, then grabbed the coat under the numbered hook, turning to hold it out when I saw Rishabh facing me with a very sly smile.

"I hope you haven't spilt a drink on that too" his brow was raised and I couldnt deny wanting to kiss that smug look off of his handsome face, but again; this was a dignified event.

"No Sir".

"You can call me Mr Bajaj" he chuckled.

I shrugged "We wouldn't want any of the staff thinking you're treating me any better than the rest, Sir".

"Hm, you sure are confusing Prerna" the way he said my name made my stomach flip, he was so suave and I was so not. He took his jacket, pulling it over his blazer then nodded his head. "Have a good night, im sure ill be seeing you around".

When I was sure he was out of hearing distance, I mimicked him "Im sure ill be seeing you around, no thank you, i'd rather get hit by a car than be a server at another one of those events" but of course, it was just my luck when he peered his head back around the corner.

"There was me thinking you were having the time of your life" he snickered.

"If you call having the time of my life spilling a drink on the man that is signing my pay cheque, then yes Sir, I had a blast" I rolled my eyes back, any further and i'd begin to see brain.

"Hm, I like you Prerna, you're a funny girl".

I curtised dramatically "I do try, goodnight Sir" the second he left, I collapsed against the wall "Shabash Prerna, shabash".

XXX

"Hey Prerna, why have you got a bonus on your pay cheque?" My manager asked, her brow raising "Did you offer extra services or something?" The look on her face told me she wouldn't have minded if I did.

"No" I gasped "Of course not, I have no idea why he did what he did, you know what, ill go and talk to him, I dont need his handouts" I fumed, storming out towards my car "Oh, Mr Bajaj, you are so in for it".

XXX

I looked around the car park as I arrived outside B.E and walked in, "I need to speak to Mr Bajaj".

The receptionist looked up "Im sorry ma'am, unless you have a meeting, I can't allow it".

I closed my eyes tightly, counting to five as I took a deep breath, now was not the time to get angry, it would only worsen the situation "Listen, it's important that I-"

A charming voice cut me off "Prerna, how nice of you to come down here" he smirked, knowing full well why I was there.

I span around to see Rishabh facing me, "Why did you pay me more than the rest of the staff?"

He shrugged "Guess I felt like you deserved it".

"Well, take it back, they all think I offered you 'other services', now dont get me wrong, each to their own but im not that kind of girl so I would greatly appreciate it if you were to edit it" I crossed my arms over my chest, I had nailed the strict teacher look.

"No".

"Tha-, wait what, what do you mean no?"

"Exactly what I said Prerna, im not editing it" he crossed his arms too, the cheek of him!

"Atleast explain why you gave it then" I leant back against the desk.

"Let's just say you caught my eye Prerna, you made my night at a very boring event, that's what it's for".

"I dont need any handouts, it's okay for you, but for people like me, you know, working class, getting this much money for one event is just abnormal and people are going to start talking, then I will lose my job, and I can't lose my job, so please just do as I asked" I wanted to stamp my foot angrily, I could so throw a temper tantrum if I wanted to.

He stepped toward me "Alright, ill cancel it".

"Great, thank you" I turned to walk away when he spoke again.

"If you do something for me".

And that is when I made a deal with the obnoxious, aggravating, handsome devil that stood before me.

Part 2:~Nicknames~ Page 4

Edited by -Rehanna- - 4 years ago

Nice.update soon plz. Thanks 

I love this different portrayal of Bajaj and Prerna. He is a charming rich guy and she is a working class girl. I liked all the interactions between them, they are quite interesting. Looking forward to reading the story and ya to know what is the deal.

Originally posted by ShumiM

Nice.update soon plz. Thanks 

Thanks love, I will do:)

Originally posted by MR21

I love this different portrayal of Bajaj and Prerna. He is a charming rich guy and she is a working class girl. I liked all the interactions between them, they are quite interesting. Looking forward to reading the story and ya to know what is the deal.

Aw thanks sweetie! I'm glad you think so! I look forward to hearing your views:)

Its very intriguing start. This rb's approach was quite different. Plz continue

Wonderful update please do continue

I'm in love with the portrayals of Mr Bajaj and Prerna. 

What's the deal? 

Please update soon! :)

Originally posted by opsora2090

Nice concept , update soon

Thanks love, I will do