Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2

|| PreRish SS: Edge Of Thorns || BANNER. - Page 20

mallug007 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

So intrigued by this story. I really like it a lot. I can’t wait to find out what happens between and to find out what happened to her husband.Lovely! Good luck with the mid terms! 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

This content was originally posted by: SapSur

Two strangers Prerna Sharma, left behind by her husband after a day's wedding and Rishabh Bajaj the police officer investigating the case, it is like destiny has thrown them together in the mix called life..The pace of the story is interesting and the story seems very intriguing..With a thrill of mystery the story has an edge to it and it would be very interesting to read about how Prerna and Rishabh's lives gets entangled with each other..The layers in the story is indeed gripping... Keep up the good work going..The story is progressing very well..Good job..Please do continue soon, waiting for the next update eagerly!!! 👍🏼

Thank you so much for the lovely comment

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: mallug007

So intrigued by this story. I really like it a lot. I can’t wait to find out what happens between and to find out what happened to her husband.Lovely! Good luck with the mid terms! 

Thank you so much.

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

:Chapter Five : Peculiar Musings:

“I suppose we all see colors outside our usual spectrum in certain people. And the saddest part of life is having known what it looks like and saying goodbye while a quite part of you hopelessly searches for it forever in shades of blue, red, and yellow.”

-Karl KristianFlores, Cardiac Ablation

The storm had enveloped whole of Kashmir in a lustrous hue, the cold had settled between his feet making him shiver indecently in front of his host. He gazed up to find her sitting a few feet away from him on a comfortable looking armchair wrapped up in a white, woolly and snuggly pashmina complementing her original complexion in every way possible. She wore a straight face and kept staring into the shapely flames burning at a distance from them.

She looked breathtakingly beautiful, he had stumbled over the realization that he was attracted to a woman whom he had met just a few hours earlier. There was something about her, a discrete kind of innocence which has made it’s way up to his heart very quickly. The honesty that she possessed and the traces of melancholy that she harbored in her broken and bruised beating organ defined her strength in ways no one can imagine at times.  

He sat there staring at her every move taking in every bit of her personality and wishing the storm gives him enough time to know about her more than a police report would tell him. His mind wandered off to a moment that they had shared. She’d been very courteous towards him, from making him comfortable at her house to feeding him a delicious shorba and when theirs hands touched for the merest second near the sink in the kitchen, his nerves experienced a sudden jolt of electricity coursing it’s way through his body. He had been psyched at first but left the thought untouched.

“I think you should go ahead and sleep Mr. Bajaj. I don’t think the storm is going to die down until the morning.” She spoke getting him out of his trance while he cleared his throat in embarrassment.

“It’s okay Prerna…It’s almost 4 am. I am sorry I was such a nuisance I’ll leave as soon as it’s a bit favourable. If you wish to you can go ahead and take a nap, I don’t mind at all. I’m sorry you have to sit down along with me.” He uttered genuinely and was awarded with a lovely smile of gratitude which made his heart thud into his chest in more rapid motions.

“Mr. Bajaj, It’s okay. There’s no need for you to be sorry. Sleep doesn’t come to me as easy as it should. I generally am up till 3 am. It’s actually a good change to have a company.” His faced shrunk immediately. The thought of her suffering made him angry to an immeasurable amount, he had absolutely no idea why.

“Where’s your family Prerna ?” He regretted immediately, after seeing the pained expression he recoiled into a bundle of guilt and looked down trying to get away from the impact.

“My Amma and Papa…Th-they passed away in a car accident when I was young. My Grandmother she died when I completed my teen years. So basically …. I live alone actually.” She completed and looked away blinking back her tears.

“I’m sorry I shouldn’t have bought this up. I know what loosing a loved one can mean. ” he said while she nodded.

“I didn’t know he would leave me…” She stated plainly in a monotone. He found her tearing up again at the very thought of her husband and his legs moved towards her on their own accord. He walked a meagre amount of strides and went ahead and sat at the floor on his knees in front of her.

“Maybe he didn’t. Maybe he got into something that was something so cruel that he had to go. Lis-Listen to me Prerna , You cannot surely derive a conclusion about your husband until you are aware of the truth. I did tell you that I think he’s no more, but that doesn’t mean he cheated on you.Have faith like you’ve been having since past eight years.” She was fully crying by now and in a feeble voice a response came from her lips.

“My faith is crumbling.. Help me.” And at that moment Rishabh Bajaj vowed to bring back something for this girl in front of him. Any information, person or something that might bring a little amount of glee in the eyes of the damsel sitting in front of him. He knew he would go deep into the boundaries of earth to look for anything that would make her happy.

The rueful storm has ended around 9 am the next morning which made him and her to call in for a day off together. She had insisted on him having breakfast with her and he couldn’t say no at all. Her culinary skills have been a saviour for him in this storm from yesterday till now. He had been extremely pleased when she had placed a generous helping of thukpa in front of him along with a side of Khambir . They ate in sheer comforting silence while exchanging a glance or two at the dinner table.

And when he stood back at the door looking at the wonderful girl walking  downstairs he knew she meant something to him. What? He did not know and neither did he want to. Being with her had opened up a can of worms in his heart, his pain had found her pain in the midst of life and even though his heart called out to hers in an unimaginative fashion he knew it wasn’t right. He had seen his mother recoil into a piece of nothingness at lonely nights when she found her kids asleep. Mandira Bajaj was made to be strong by the throng surrounding her but only did her son know what huge hell was brewing up inside her at all times. She had lost her love early enough and it had taken in on her health. He did not want to feel that way ever. Not even for a minute.

She joined him at the doorstep of her house and adjusted her dupatta modestly over her neck. Looking up at him for the first time she got lost in the depth of his brown orbs, those eyes could melt anyone she thought but they held agony just as hers and she could spot it even from a mile away.

“I don’t know if this would help you or anything but…I-I didn’t have the heart to give this for investigation the first time. It was all I had.” She looked up at him and handed over the thread based pendant into his hands. It was more of a locket with the pictures of her and her husband in their wedding attire. The only thing that irked him more than the closeness of the couple in the picture was the slight tear on the face of the man he never knew within the picture, which hindered Rishabh from getting a clear view of the face.

“I don’t know if it would help. But still I appreciate you handing this over to me. What happened to his face here ?” He asked curiously looking at her.

“He got it from the jewellers in the same condition.The only reason I even had this was because I kept nagging him about a wedding present,that’s the only thing I ever received.” She looked away from him while he frowned and after observing the pendant looked at her.

“I guess this was deliberately torn off Prerna. But I can’t say for sure. I have to leave now…I’ll be in contact with you. Also thanks for handing this in.” It ripped his heart to leave her in such a whirlwind of a condition but he had to, staying there any longer would cause many more problems which he wouldn’t have any solution to.

“You’re welcome Mr…”

“Rishabh. My name’s Rishabh, call me that.” He gazed back at her perfect features while a tight formal smile on her face made her look extremely mature and cute at the same time.

“I hope you succeed.” She voiced out.

“I do the same Prerna.” And with that he walked out of her house in a long sigh. He had barely walked a few steps when he turned back only to have found her out of the door looking longingly at his retreating figure. She walked two steps ahead just enough so he could hear her but far enough for him to feel a distance and parted her lips to say what she had meant to say when he had entered in her house.

“Th-Thank you …Rishabh.”

And in that meek voice of hers he had seen gratitude above anything else in this universe, that image of her grateful eyes had stayed in within his psyche even long after he had reached his destination. And he knew that this image, would rupture all his plans of being alone for the rest of his life.

Edited by EuphoricDamsel. - 4 years ago
EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

Author's Note

Hello Guys,

I know it has been quite a long time since I updated but as you all know I am not at fault I have Mid-terms  going on and that basically leaves me with no time to eat so updating is our of the question at all levels. Coming to the update I guess it was quite a long one compared to the last two and this marks the end of character and relation building of both the protagonists.

Now the story will move ahead from the next chapter itself and it would get a bit intense at it moves. Be prepared for with tissues and stuff in like two updates or so. I would like to thank all of you who have been nothing but patient with me not updating for such a long time. Two my tests are still left which are on Monday next week and I have weekend off so I decided to utilize the time and update for you guys.

Also please DO COMMENT guys it boosts the writer's morale and one wants to write more and more. Do keep telling me what your thoughts are and reply on your comments to which I've replied before. <3

Yours

Ritu

Shivi_forever thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 5

Beautiful update👏

Rishabh's attraction towards Prerna is increasing😊

Prerna also liked Rishabh's company😊

Prerna gave the locket to Rishabh , let's see how useful it turn out to be

Waiting for next

Deepshikha20 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Once again thanks for the update..... the emotional state of prerna is very heart breaking... she is all alone and rishab is now attracted towards her ...waiting for the next update

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: katheriene

Beautiful update👏

Rishabh's attraction towards Prerna is increasing😊

Prerna also liked Rishabh's company😊

Prerna gave the locket to Rishabh , let's see how useful it turn out to be

Waiting for next

Thanks.

Will try continuing .

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Deepshikha20

Once again thanks for the update..... the emotional state of prerna is very heart breaking... she is all alone and rishab is now attracted towards her ...waiting for the next update

Thank you so much

esha143 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Superb update....Rishabh looks like a goner😆...he's completely smitten by Prerna and genuinely wants to help solve her case and bring her some measure of happiness....the time he spent with her seems to have left a deep impact on him...but then he's being cautious too...only after finding out what happened to her husband can he allow himself to think about her seriously....so this has become important for him as well as Prerna....lets see if the locket she gave him can guide him to the correct path or not in solving the case.....waiting for the story to move forward and the investigation to start....❤️