Why do people love to discuss religion/politics in Bollywood forum?

Posted: 4 years ago

These are the only kinda topics which keeps this forum feel alive, which gets the max views and comments. There isnt one topic, movie or an actor thats seriously being discussed as it should happen in a forum perticularly dedicated to discussing BOLLYWOOD only.

For example, we have mission mangal just released. There is too much too talk about about the subject in particular, instead people were more interested in talking about how cringeworthy sindoor and mangalsutra looked how such things are anti women etc..i mean come on? 

Threads on Pakistani woman's rants against India, I dont like rakhi, I am anti-Indian etc gets people all excited and they come in hordes, some to write essays ,some to bash and some holier than thou to sneakily 'like' comments only...whatever be their intentions, everyone participates directly or indirectly in these topics when nothing positive is being discussed. And then everyone whines and everyone blames each others for spreading negativity jaise khud dhoodh ke dhoole hai.

I believe no one is a saint here. if anyone who hasnt EVER participated in such topics, can put a like under my OP ,so we know how many are honestly against such topics being discussed here. If such people are not in majority, can we ask mods to allow us to continue opening threads on these 'taboo' subjects uninterrupted?

What say?😆

Edited by Tinaa11 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Well actually speaking the things related to Bollywood  (anything ) can be discussed here...  If the actor passes any comment on taboo sub it can be discussed...  Like threads on any political /religious statements can be discussed,  but it has to be limited to the point the actor said....  If it gets overboard the DTs close the topic.

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Kyunki debate mansion forum bhoot ghar hai.

Originally posted by: Zephyr_57

Well actually speaking the things related to Bollywood  (anything ) can be discussed here...  If the actor passes any comment on taboo sub it can be discussed...  Like threads on any political /religious statements can be discussed,  but it has to be limited to the point the actor said....  If it gets overboard the DTs close the topic.

I absolutely agree with you. Though, I would say, instead of talking about the subject the actor may have spoken on, good or bad, we should be focusing on the actor himself much much more and dissect whether he is following or imbibing what he preaches to us mortals. Why politicise things here unnecessarily in Bollywood forums. We do have debate mention if somebody wants things discussed in details..no?

For example, I opened a topic on ananya being Annie peter and I made sure nobody goes overboard discussing thing related to her religion. Even at the cost of sounding repetitive I made sure everyone sticks to discussing ananya only and not christianity. Some people did come attacking me/ preaching me/calling me weirdos n all but I knew what I was doing and what my intentions were. I managed to keep the thread clean. 

Only, if we had people without agendas here, we all could actually get along really well and make the forum a better hang out place for everyone.

Originally posted by: Mishh007

Kyunki debate mansion forum bhoot ghar hai.

Then, either the owner should merge the two or allow discussion to happen on here uninterupted. I mean nothing wrong commenting on these subjects. Why do we look down on those who want to discuss it here?😆

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Well I agree..I would happily discuss these topics in debate mansion coz I love debates. 

Here the topics r opened referring to actors or movies but intention is just to mock or take sly digs at people who have n opposing political view to yours..And it's not just restricted to actors or members, goes beyond that.

I would call out a person who does that..But personally don't like mocking or insulting/abusing a person..However different views they may have. 

I respect my country and would defend it respectfully..Won't take anyone insulting it.. Similarly I know others also won't like their own being insulted..

So best thing is...Sab apna apna dekho, live n let live.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

I hope Tina I have had a healthy debate with u regarding Kangana😆

Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Moderators are too lazy to take any action regarding off topic discussion. I would like to point out based on priority , off topic discussion should be on top considering the fact that it leads to huge misunderstanding , shaming & name calling. 

The_Best thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

No I am against such topics. I dislike India-Pakistan politics debate. Other politics I am a little bit okay, but I won’t be fine with those either if it goes too much. Race, religion, politics annoy me when it goes on too much. 

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Everything we do in life is interspersed with politics. Religion unfortunately in the past 5 years has been made an issue because of political opportunists and that has crept into Bollywood as well. Naturally, everything gets mixed up and people will discuss everything. 

Of course, with the advent of social media every actor has an opinion on everything, so inadvertently the fans have to take a stance too. That is what has led to this.