•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

PreRish OS : Raabta 

On a dark night with  buzzing sounds from the near by woods,  Prerna,  walking by his side on a deserted road, her arms crossed hugging herself,  to keep the cold  off on that wintery night...

From the corner of his eyes.. he notices her discomfort and struggle with the cold .. he decides, to offer her his jacket, yet again , as she has rebuked him earlier when he offered it, to keep herself warm in the chill weather 

he takes the jacket off his arms and stretches his hand, surprisingly, this time around, she takes it, rather with attitude, in place of gratitude. He sighs, in relief, least affected by her snobbish attitude, rather he finds her amusing whenever she shows this snobby  attitude of hers .. verbally or non-verbally , like a little kitten trying to fight a tiger.. the imagination makes him chuckle ...which gathers  her attention.. 

she frowns as if asking the reason for his untimed, out of the blue chuckle ? he nods in negative to say it's nothing  .. 

"aur kitna time lagega ..." he yells into his phone, at his driver who went to get the guy to repair their car which broke down on the outskirts of Kolkata.. where Uber seemed from a distant planet . She notices his frustration on his poor driver ..  and rolls her eyes .. 

she hasn't uttered a word, but her glares were snobbish enough which rebuked him for every gentlemanly offer made .. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Earlier in the day he informed her to be ready in the evening to meet the business partners at a party, to set up an event management company which he wants to start for her maa, who is now his maa. as she has accepted him as her son-in-law or rather her son after realizing the person behind the name Mr.Rishab Bajaj, whom her daughter married for reasons unknown, 

Veena maa took great pride in her son-in-law, her flaunting glares almost ripped  Mohini off all the mockery she had in store  , for her or her daughter... maa saw a son in son-in-law, when he stood by her and her daughter against  untoward hurls by the Basus and to top it he saved her from a major incident on Kuki's birthday, where he ended up hurting his arm, which was held in place, by a sling,  for a week .. 

the mother and daughter were in gratitude and humbleness, maa accepted him shedding away all her unwarranted prejudices, the reverence and benevolence he had for maa garnered him immense respect from the Sharma family and one in particular , his wife .. she seems a changed person now , but does miss her old self, her snobbish attitude which used rebuke him and judge him , his secret amusement pleasure  

Prerna , with gratitude and humility agrees, as the day dusked into darkness, they enter hand-in-hand into an illuminated party place with glitz and glamour . The wife and husband are looking stunning that almost all heads turned towards them in the room . 

"Hello Rishab", a very gorgeous looking female wraps her arms around his neck and leans to peck, shocking Prerna whose eyes are big .. but then she looks away.. He notices her every reaction from the corner of his eyes. 

"Hey Piyali " he hugs her back, "this is my wife Mrs.Prerna Sharma Bajaj ", he introduces her coming out of the hug... Prerna forces a big mock smile, he notices her .. "this is  not her... ab kya hua " wonders his inner self which he suppresses ..

Piyali pulls him to the dance floor, he looks at his wife whose expressions are totally different, he cannot decipher those, but that's definitely not her usual self .. he feels .. 

She notices them , he smiles , he laughs as well .. "but in other woman's arms " her inner voice echoes ..
her brows narrowed, her lips twitched ...she looks away to get a grasp on her herself and her new found feelings .. 

Though dancing with Piyali , his eyes are glued on her, on his wife, not missing any of her expression or her body language .. she is mad .. he was able to conclude.. but not sure what triggered the uninvited madness in her ..,

Prerna looking at other side.. deep breathes.. 
she chides her inner self which probes  if that unnamed feel is termed  "jealousy" 

"Prerna .." him calling her name.. in that husky voice of his, is  the best thing off late for her... at times she walks away from him, when he was still talking, only to be called  "Prerna" in his husky voice... 

She turns with a smile, which comes to a screeching stop on seeing the woman by his side .. 

"Your saree is very gorgeous Prerna ", compliments Piyali..
"hmm yeah that is why I got it .. I guess" with a forced smile...rolls her eyes..  
what's wrong with her , he wonders .. 

"Mrs.Bajaj " his stern voice.. more like telling her to show her basic congeniality

She now thanks Piyali ..just because her husband wants her to.. not something she would want to .. specially to that woman..

"Mrs.Bajaj, Piyali is the one who is helping us with the event management company for maa" , he comes to the core point..coming to reality,  she thanks and shows her genuine smile, gratitude and humility, this time around, for Piyali . 

Piyali bids bye with a peck on Rishab .. which poses all negative effects in her.. and concludes that  she will be working with my maa and HIM too .. sighs .. 

On one side she is more than happy, she has gratitude , respect and humility for her husband ,  for everything he is doing for her maa... but then Piyali.. the name which makes her uncomfortable .. for reasons unknown or for reasons she doesn't want to explore ! 

He leads her out of the party into the lush lawn, "what is that you were doing inside " he asks her....
acting casual and unaware.. 

she says it's nothing .. he probes as  what prompted for her snobbish behavior towards Piyali .. 

"I didn't expect this from you Prerna ... Piyali is .. "

she cuts him short with what seemed like a totally out of the blue and irrelevant query 

"did you get me here as your wife or mother of your daughter"  her arms folded, looking straight into his eyes..

"Obviously as my wife, Mrs.Bajaj .. kuki is not even here today " he tries to explain

"toh people normally dance with their wife or husband .." she murmurs under her breath .. looking away .. 

it takes a good few seconds for him to connect the dots ..and is amused .. smiles ... almost chuckles .. 

"But ball room dance is not bhangra ... if so you know .." he teases her 

"huh .." confused her.. 

"Mrs.Bajaj , if you remember , there is something called NO TOUCH clause between us,  and this dance is not a dance without touching .. .." pauses "your partner" he leans and drops these words  in her ears along side warm breath .. in the cold night .. 

she felt something , what was that effect ..why is he all  over my brain, my senses and my heart .. she wonders... but tries to get a grip on herself

The car pulls up, they head home... 

Their conversation is pretty much through eyes and unspoken words, glaring, confusions, smiles ... 

The car comes to a screeching halt .. they are shocked as it's rounded off by few miscreants ... they pull the driver out.. 

"Prerna.. please stay inside.. don't come out at any given time.." he warns and gets off his black Merc S Class 

She is scared and worried inside..... he was taking off his wallet, watch to give to them... they ask for the wedding ring... he pretends it's not sliding out .. they come close to him .. to knock him down... "Mr.Bajaj " Prerna comes out of the car .. the miscreants round her .. point at a gun at her .. she takes off her diamond earrings and bracelet ..but they want the diamond mangalsutra which she was holding on tight.. 

"I can't give this "  , she holds it in a tight grip .. aware of her stubbornness and stupidity .. he shows off his marshal arts .. and saves her and himself ... 

Once they leave.. he lashes out at her for her stupidity, she defends herself saying she was worried for him ,  he retorts that  he can save himself ... but  "what if something happens to you ... how can I  ,.." he trails off 
she tries to take in those words he just said . .. "at times your immaturity and stupidity will cost us something big... "  he continues with exasperation ... ..."you shouldn't have come out and what's with this connect with mangalsutra in 21st century".... he continues in worry and anger,... she takes it all  with teary eyes...

"aap nahin samjhoge.. mujhe aapse baath hi nahin karni " , she turns away from him ..,..her tears disturb him, distract him, make him restless, but does he have the right to ask her to not to cry... 

The driver who ran to call the near by people comes back and they head home, but fate decides something else as the car broke down ... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

walking on the dark road in the village side, they reach a place which looked like a road side tea stall with a small bulb in the stall , under a tree and a street light near by.. 

tired from the walk, she decides to sit on the stone bench... wearing his jacket .. he sits next to her ... 

"Prerna ... chai  ?" he asks her .... his "Prerna" yet again, she looks into his deep brown eyes..  nods in yes ... but wouldn't say a word... he orders two chai ... 

she is avoiding him, she is not using her words., is it to irritate him , is it her way of getting back at him or is it her way to keep a tab on her thoughts and feelings, she wants to hide all that's going on with in her.. be it her jealousy, or the effect of his closeness on her or even his husky calling her name .... or his worry and concern for her , she is yet to process and sort her feelings...let alone talk about them .. not to blurt out anything she is putting up a farce fight with him.. not talking to him, else , in no time he will trap her to talk about the new feelings in her which she exhibited today .. 

he offers her the chai in the khullad... she is careful enough not to brush his fingers while taking .. she sips the hot chai in the chill weather .. he looks at her trying to read her reactions... but she is blank... however this is the first time she has stayed without talking for so long .. 

Keeping aside her new found feelings... she recollects what all he has done  for her mom and her family... she takes pride in him, in her husband , she has a great sense of gratitude and respect for him..... but is that it .. her inner self pokes.. which she snubs .. 

"Mrs.Bajaj I just realized that you haven't said a word in the last 2 hours "

"Thank you and Sorry .. " she says not facing him ... 

his confused look... "Thank you for what all you did to my maa and my family... ", her voice choked and eyes pooled.. with gratitude .

"our maa... our family " , he rectifies her .. 

the tears threatening to fall out , eventually lands on her cheeks...  she smiles through tears... 

he teasingly asks whats the sorry for .. she says for getting out of the car ... , he stresses further... she plays ignorant .. "no sorry ... for Piyali " ? he teasingly asks her...

"nahin..."

"par kyun ..."

"aap nahin samjhoge".... .. looking everywhere else but him... 

he connected the dots, he is amused with her...she has become his case study,.. he tries to read and analyze her expressions , her words spoken and unspoken, her body language ... and today she has shown all her sides to him in a single day.. 

Edited by munnihyderabad - 4 years ago

Every time I come at the Main Forum, I see a new PreRish story. I'm so happy.

Res

U write OS also!smiley32

Will read soon.

I loved this. Sasuma and Damaad ki jodi

Bajaj did become her son from son-in-law, and Veena became his mother from the mother-in-law. How I wish this happens soon in the show. Jealous biwi is always a treat to watch/read😆. I loved when she asked whether he brought her here as his wife or his daughter's mother. This marriage means so much to them, he couldn't remove his wedding ring, while she couldn't remove her mangalsutra.

Ekdam choukha , i am always a biggest fan of writer munni ❤️

aap nahin samjhoge❤️

M so glad I read this one.

Will give a detailed view from laptop.

Originally posted by MR21

I loved this. Sasuma and Damaad ki jodi

Bajaj did become her son from son-in-law, and Veena became his mother from the mother-in-law. How I wish this happens soon in the show. Jealous biwi is always a treat to watch/read😆. I loved when she asked whether he brought her here as his wife or his daughter's mother. This marriage means so much to them, he couldn't remove his wedding ring, while she couldn't remove her mangalsutra.

Yess looking forward to Sasuma Damad ,,, after misunderstandings have to be cleared na ... between them... they won't accept but koi bhi bahaane se this marriage means .. he is ok with not giving away his ring.. but was furious with her holding mangalsutra .. 

thank you Ramya, glad you liked it ❤️🤗

Originally posted by opsora2090

Ekdam choukha , i am always a biggest fan of writer munni ❤️

Thank you Oppo ❤️🤗

Originally posted by saps.156

aap nahin samjhogesmiley27

M so glad I read this one.

Will give a detailed view from laptop.

Haan ji., thank you ❤️🤗

Loved it. Read only half, will come back to read the whole OS tomorrow. I always make it a point to read your OS. I am not a PreRish fan so I read it imagining PRB. I just love ST-RR 's PRB like crazy 

Res❤️