Posted: 4 years ago

Hey

It's been a while, and not sure who is still here, since it's been maybe 2 years since I was last on I-F.  Looks like a lot of people may have fled after the design overhaul 😆

Anyway, I thought it might be good to have a thread where we can discuss upcoming mytho shows on TV before they debut and get their own forums.  Since the older threads that dealt w/ such topics are now locked, decided to open this one.

So what new mytho shows have surfaced recently, or are about to debut, and on which channels?  Who are they about, which actors do they feature, and what's the likelihood of their impact?

Hey Vrish,

Good to see you after a long time.

Recent Mythos are mainly maker's interpretations. 

Only Shrimad Bhagvat Mahapuran on Colors is using Puran's story up to certain extent. 

RadhaKrishn is from Swastik. Has taken its own route to explain & few viewers have lost interest. 

A show on Ma Vaishnodevi, is coming up on Star Bharat. 

Ram Siya Ke  Luv-Kush by Swastik, on Colors is a new one. Forum is not opened, so can discuss here. 

There is nothing like DKDM & MB. They were much better.

Thanks, Minakshi

Shrimad Bhagvat Mahapuran - is that about Krishna's life story, or the entire Dasha Avatar?  Not obvious from the name

The Luv-Kush one, I'm even scared to think about what they'd show.  Since in Siya ke Rama, they made the kids absolute haters of their dad for the vanvas deal.  I dread to think of what they might do here.

If you say that MB was better than what they're showing now, no wonder the place is so quiet 😆

Are all the actors featured new, or have we seen them in past productions?

Vrish,

Shrimad Bhagvat, covers many stories. Some are not mentioned in SB by Ved Vyasa. Its a convo between Radha & Krishna. She asks her doubts & Krishna narrates different stories explaining the theme & reason. Comparatively a better show, airs only on Sundays.

Not much idea about the actors, except RK. 

Havent seen any epi of Vuv- Kush. Afters watching SKR, dont have courage to watch another show on Ramayan. ðŸ˜†

Too be fair, there have been too many Ramayan shows: I wouldn't be disappointed to see a moratorium on that epic.

What we could use would be an adult Krishna series - post Kamsa.  Dwarkadheesh was a disaster after a somewhat gloomy start, so they ought to try that one.  A better idea even - do a composite of Mahabharat and SB, showing both Krishna and Pandava/Kaurava stories in parallel, merging or forking them wherever necessary.

DkDM did a pretty thorough job on Mahadev, but did a shoddy job covering the achievements of Parvati and Kartikeya.  We could use another Shiva based mytho that does justice to all of them.  Focus on the major ones, but don't pull in too many unknown stories from god knows where, and it doesn't have to last 5 years.

I'm not sure that a Shakta centric show around the goddesses - Durga, Saraswati, Kali, Lakshmi, et al would be a success, unless they made it a point to highlight the achievements and contributions of their consorts.  An all female cast rarely attracts great TRPs - rightly or wrongly - but a Shakta centric show (like JJMD) would have to highlight the glory of the goddesses in their own right, w/o diminishing the Tridevs, which would rub most devotees the wrong way

Edited by .Vrish. - 4 years ago

Mahakaali on colors covered tridevas too. It stated well. In spite of story distortions, was much better shakta centric show.

Saw promo of "namah", an upcoming mytho on friendshop of mahadev and vishnu, on sp.

Edited by mnx12 - 4 years ago

See Paramavatar Shri Krishna on &TV 

Its a smidgen better than most modern myths shows. So far they are sticking to the story and characters... after the leap.

So far they showed, Jarasandha attacking 17 times, Kalyavan, Muchukund, Ranchod-leela, burning of Gomantak, Dwarka, Rukmini. They now on the Pandava-birth of Draupadi track

S

I am watching ram siya k luv kush . I don't like to see Lord Ram and Lord Sita crying. Already saw crying in siya k ram.  don't like Evilness in  luv kush cousins.  

I was just going thru the Ram-Siya ke Luv Kush, and saw that it's gone off the air.

What exactly was the offensive content that got it off the air?  B'cos we've seen a lot of that previously, and no serial ever got tossed for insulting Hindu sentiments.

For instance, DkDM freely hurt the sentiments of Parvati and Kartikeya devotees by showing them pretty frequently in bad light

Dwarkadheesh made a mockery of Krishna's story, especially the Paundrak tracks

Siya ke Rama - don't make me laugh!

Mahabharat - okay, we got to know later that it was a khichri of several national versions, many at odds w/ each other.  But it did rub several people of faith the wrong way

Suryaputra Karna - which made a complete joke out of Krishna's part of the story, including a caricature of the Yadava fratricide as well as the swargarohan journey of the Pandavas

So what did this serial do to achieve what no other serial managed in the last 10 years, despite pretty egregious behavior?