Yeh Rishtey Hai Pyaar Ke

The Pendant - A MishBir OS

nlisa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

The Pendant

I glanced up the stairs in the direction of her room. She had gone up to change, at the request of Badi Ma. It felt surreal that she was here. I really had thought that I had lost her. 

My fingers tightened over the pendant in my pocket. The round edges dug into my skin bringing me to reality. 

Mishti was here. I found her. In fact, she hadn’t even gotten on that damn plane. Closing my fingers around the pendent again, I glanced around me. Satisfied that everyone was busy with the pheras, I took the stairs two by two. 

The door was wide open, I noted as I approached her room; my footsteps slowed and I walked there cautiously.  My heart was a little erratic and it had nothing to do with the fact that I had sprinted up those stairs. 

Somewhere inside me, I wondered if I would find her there. Would she still be here? Is she still within my reach? 

At the doorjamb now, I ground to a halt. 

There she was. She was facing the mirror. Her long dark hair was pushed to the left side of her neck, exposing her back. 

A grey lehenga, simple compared to what the other women were wearing downstairs, but she took my break away. I swallowed at the sight she made. She was sexy - I know she would guffaw at me if I said those words to her face and she would tell me that I was mad. I wished she could see herself the way I saw her. 

I cleared my throat to alert her of my presence. Her hands paused as they tried to tie a necklace around her neck. Her eyes raised up as she looked at me in the mirror. 

“Abir,” she exclaimed. I took that as an invitation and crossed the room until I was standing directly behind her.  She was tiny. Tiny enough that I could grab her and hide her in my embrace. Like I had at the airport. Like I wanted to do always. 

I wanted to protect her. From everyone and everything. Including herself. 

She shook the ends of the necklace impatiently. As I looked at her in the mirror, I shook my head. No. 

I could see the indignation starting to form on her features. My angry chorni. 

I pulled the pendent I had selected from my pocket and let it dangle next to her face. Her eyes widened in surprise. 

A soft pink crept up her cheeks as she looked at me again.  Who knew angry chorni could blush like this? 

I smirked at her in the mirror as she lowered her arms; the previous necklace forgotten.  I took her silence as acquiescence. 

I let my fingers deliberately touch the side of her exposed neck. I watched goosebumps erupt on her flesh and I willed myself not to groan. 

Her breathing was almost non-existent. Her eyes lowered in shyness before they looked up at me again. Our eyes never wandered from each other’s. 

Finally, setting the delicate necklace to rest on her nape, I lowered my head next to hers and turned my mouth to her ear, “ Your 2 days are almost over, angry chorni,” I whispered. From downstairs, the pandit-ji's voice echoed through the Maheswari’s house. “Vivaah sampan hua.” 

Her eyes were wide as she gasped. 

“Your move,” I said as I stepped away from her. She turned around to look at me. I smirked before I left her standing there. 

There!

She would have another piece of me with her and I knew that despite the chaos of the wedding and the insanity that was my mother, she would never doubt where I stood. 

I smiled in triumph as I went downstairs. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote this last night when I saw the picture of Rhea wearing Abir's pendant. I love the little hints that we've received so far about Abir and Mishti belonging to each other ( e.g. Haldi, Tilak and even Mehendi...) so I thought the next one was the actual wedding. 

Hope you liked it. Reviews are welcome and appreciated. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

meen123 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Omg I'm so happy reading happy one shots here... Thank you so much for writing this

Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Beautiful is the word that comes to mind!!  👏

Aanchal15 thumbnail

I am in a daze reading this wonderful OS! 👏

basket_101 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Hey there!!

Wow... I am absolutely speechless after reading your OS. This was absolutely beautiful!

You've done such a great job with the wording; especially towards the end.

"... she would never doubt where I stood"

I love this line! It was really a pleasure of mine to read such a beautifully written OS!

Krpkab_superfan thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Such a nice scene this will be. I hope the CVs visit here and take this scene and shoot it 

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Oh!! This was soooo good! I absolutely loved it. Abir is <333333

My favourite bit was definitely the reference to the 2 days. Hayyyeeee!! Complete love! 💕💕💕

Seeing Abir so happy and joyful over the fact that she's back, him being afraid that she might've gone away again, the immense love he has for her. All of it was so well portrayed! SO SO SO GOOD!!

Ofc, the part where he made wear the pendant was <33333

GODS I NEED THEM TO BE TOGETHER ALREADY!!

LetThereBeLight thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

this is really beautiful 👍🏼👏

hope to see this in show... so romantic.. 

fangirl1012 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

How did I miss this gem. It's really well written Mashallah really hope we get to see a similar scene in the show. 

guy3 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Lovely! This will help me survive the weekend:) do continue if you can please