Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum

A Love Blossoms in The Rain - Ronaskhi OS

Anuka1 thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Sonakshi looked out as she watched rain pour down the windows of her apartment in Goregon where she lived. The sky was filled with angry grey clouds, as if they were crying their tears of frustration onto Mumbai. Tears rolled down her own slender face as well as she stared out the window, upset at what her life had become. 

She knew she was a money making machine for her mother Suman and Praniti Rastogi. They gave no care to what she had to go through every day and night, working countless hours providing for them and their expenses. Paying for Praniti's expensive and lavish nightlife and clothes, while funding Suman's cosmetics for her face. She was a money mule, who was kicked around every time she opened her mouth to defend herself even a little. But she couldn't help but take it, because after all.. they were family. 

Sona muffled her cries into her hand and tried to wipe away her pain from her eyes, she couldn't let them see her like this or else they would blame her for being dramatic and for acting selfish. After all, she was the infamous "Parvati", or "The Chosen One of the Mata Rani", the queen of acting. 

Today Sona had just spoken against Praniti of going out every night and returning home at 4 AM in the morning, fearing the safety of her baby sister. 

Flashback

"Ma, you can't keep sending her out every night like this, she is still young and it's dangerous. There are people who could hurt her." Sonakshi tried to reason with her mother. She was worried of Pari's recent behaviour, especially after the fashion show. She was fearful that now since Praniti had won, it would go to her head and cloud her decisions that she was making.

"Sona, are you her mother?" came Suman's sharp reply. Her mother glared her down with fury burning, annoyed with Sonakshi's constant butting into Pari's life. "I know what's best for her, not you. What do you know anyways? Have you been a parent yet? Do you know what I had to do to make sure you became a successful TV Actress? Maybe if you worked as hard as I did for you, you would have been in Bollywood instead" Her mother huffed at her, insulting Sonakshi's line of work for the umpteenth time again. 

Sona felt her mother's words burn her as shock filled her and she stepped back in retaliation. Anyone could say horrible things about her and her work and she wouldn't have minded, but it was a different pain when her own mother spit hateful words about her work. Only Sonakshi knew how hard she worked to land a leading role in "Kahani Parvati Ki", no one else knew her pain and struggle. It hurt to be unappreciated. 

Pari just huffed and glared at her older sister for speaking against her. "Ma, tell Sonakshi to stop bothering me with her stupid nonsense attitude. I can't stop going out at night, or else I won't make any connections with producers and big stars if I don't go out where they all like to hang". Pari walked over to Sonakshi and stood in front of her, angrily snapping her fingers in front of Sona's face  to catch her attention. "You didn't make it to Bollywood so you settled for television, but stop getting in my way okay? Just because you don't love me enough to support me, doesn't mean you have a right to ruin my chances." Pari spit out the words in a fury, not giving a single care if it hurt Sona's feelings or not, just like their mother. She shot Sona one last glare before walking away from her with Suman trailing behind her, who was trying to calm Pari down. They left Sona on her own, who was struggling to hold back her tears and cries. She fled to her room in despair. 

Flashback Ends

Sonakshi wiped her face and decided to leave her apartment. There was too much negativity suffocating her and she needed to be free, even if it was raining cats and dogs outside. She walked out without a care, not even bringing an Umbrella to shield herself from the unmoved rain, who poured down it's tears with her. It was like the heavens were crying along with Sonakshi.

The rain comes, oblivious to the life it gives. It washes the world, quenching soil and the life whom depend upon it. In either warmth or coldness, sunlight or moonlight, rain comes, humble to its role. In this almost-spring afternoon, it is the percussion to the birdsong and the bringer of brightness to every hue of bark and leaf. 

Sona let the rain wash over here, closing her eyes, letting go of all of her worries to bask in the feeling of rain droplets falling down her face. She felt the overwhelming urge to let tears fall, frustrated on how everyone treated her. Karan left her and mistreated with her because he hated her success, her family was not happy with the success she had now. She had faced people who didn't treat her as a human being, but a prop for their happiness, their "Parvati". 

Sonakshi just wanted to be Sonakshi. She wanted to be free from everything, from being a daughter, an actress, an older sister. She wanted to be loved for herself, and her hard work. She wanted someone who only wanted her, not for her money, not for her success, but just her. Her personality. Even the strong ones needed some love at the end of the day. 

The rain fell softly as if it knew of the hardships both behind and ahead. Each droplet alighted on her skin with just enough coolness too command her mind to the present, to pull her away from the pain of the past and the uncertainty of what was to come. The beads over her face, more numerous than even the freckles in her skin, joined to wash over her in a delicate cascade of trickles. She raised her eyes to the grey layer that touched every mountain top, there was more to come before the skies cleared, of that she could be sure.

In her absent mind, Sonakshi didn't hear the car coming behind her. All she heard was someone scream her name, before a warm body pushed her down, strong arms wrapping around her thin frame. She heard the car screech to a stop, but then rev away in a hurry. Her eyes opened as she found herself staring into dark brown eyes, eyes who were filled with shock and fear. She gasped as she realized that she was in Rohit's arms. The rain poured around him, droplets falling from Sonakshi's face onto Rohit's, yet neither of them moved. Something made her want to keep looking at Rohit's gentle brown eyes, feeling secure for once this entire day of sadness. 

He was walking back to his car after taking care of an emergency two roads over when he saw her walking, drenched completely in the rain. He looked over and was concerned with what she was wearing, only a tee and jeans. He could see she was shivering in the rain, and began to walk over to help her, taking off his coat. She didn't see him, but he heard a screech and looked over towards the road. A car at high speed was coming fast... towards Sonakshi. Panic set in and he screamed her name while running towards her, giving no care of his well being. He had to protect her. He grabbed her as they fell, rolling her on top of him, saving her. He looked up into her innocent doe brown eyes, and seeing the shock at what had transpired. All he could think was to thank god that she was alive. 

"Sonakshi! Are you okay? What were you thinking going out in this weather?" Rohit picked Sonakshi up, confronting her for putting herself in danger like this. "You're not wearing anything, do you see how it is raining? Furthermore, Why weren't you paying attention? Are you trying to get yourself killed like a crazy person?" Rohit yelled, angry at how careless she was being. Rain poured down relentlessly as he stared at Sonakshi's face. 

Sonakshi let her tears fall as she let Rohit yell at her. It seemed like fate did not want anyone on her side today. First her family, and now Rohit. It seemed like no one cared. She didn't speak a word as Rohit continued on how careless she was. 

Rohit became quiet as he began to notice that Sonakshi was not talking back to him, as she normally did. He could see Sonakshi's bloodshot eyes, clearly in a lot of emotional pain, and he couldn't help but feel her sadness. He watched as she stood there, silently letting her tears fall while listening to his rant. She seemed... broken. She wasn't the bubbly and positive Sonakshi that he knew, the one who always took whatever came her way with a smile. He tentatively pulled her towards him. 

"Sonakshi? Are you okay?" he asked, concerned on why his fun loving friend was so broken and sad. His Sona was never this let down. It hurt him for some reason to see her like this. 

Sonakshi broke down crying in Rohit's arms, utterly defeated by the world around her. She felt so alone. "Rohit, I'm done. I don't care if I live or die anymore. Why did you save me? You should have let the car hit me, I would have been happier" Sonakshi cried hitting his chest, baring her soul to the man she loved but she could never have. 

"What are you saying? Are you crazy!?" Rohit's anger grew at her outburst. "You don't care about your life, that's okay, but I do. I CARE Sonakshi! Your family cares!" Rohit yelled, shaking her, trying to make her understand. He didn't understand why she was like this. 

"No Rohit, you don't, you're only saying because it's your job to, right? You're a doctor, you have to say that. No one cares for me, I am tired of being everyone's money mule, I am tired of working day and night for people that don't care for me. I am sick of this life Rohit." Sonakshi cried falling to the ground, tired. "I have dreams, I have desires, I have FEELINGS! Even I get tired, I am human, so why does no one around me understand that?" Sonakshi let out, crying heavily as her tears mixed with the rain droplets on her face. 

"Sonakshi.. I care. I care for you" Rohit said as he crouched in front of her, cupping her face. "You're so wonderful Sonakshi, and I understand you. I understand who you really are. Please don't be like this, it isn't you. The Sonakshi I know is happy and strong. Please be strong." He gently said as he held her face lovingly in the rain. Their eyes connected and for a moment everything stopped. They didn't feel the rain pouring on them, they didn't hear any sounds around them. It was just... them. They were together and that was all that mattered to both of them. 

"Rohit" Sonakshi's voice trembled, "Why do you care so much? I am nothing for you. I'm not your family, so why are you showing me so much concern. My life doesn't involve you, so why are you worried about me like this?" He always fought her at every turn of their lives, even when they tried to be friends. He had.. Raima. She was nothing for him, barely a friend, so why was he so hurt over her current state?

Rohit grew tense at her words. He looked at her beautiful face that asked him for answers. He watched as the rain fall down her pale slender face, down her long eyelashes, down her luscious lips. She was perfect in so many ways. Everytime she was hurt or she was in danger, he always run towards her. Whether he was hurt, he did not care. She needed to be okay. Her laughter made his heart swell with happiness. He was always able to sense her pain, her danger. Reading her thoughts were easy because he knew exactly what type of person she was. The connection he had with her was strong, even stronger than Raima. Her happiness was his happiness. Every time he saw her, he felt his heart flutter. Even now, with her bare face and puffy red eyes, she was the most beautiful woman he laid his eyes on. She was utterly... perfect. He couldn't the stop the words that tumbled out of his mouth even if he wanted to because it was the truth. 

"I love you. That's why I care Sonakshi." He said as the the icy grey sky restlessly grumbled. The thick blackened clouds were dragged down by the heavy rain which it held in its delicate frame. The rain poured down over the city with a roar. The sound of emptiness was disrupted by the loud gregarious boom of thunder. The cold icy rain pierced their wet skin. The quality of darkness shifted in the sky but the rain kept pouring. They did not care. 

Sonakshi stared dumbfounded at Rohit's confession. She couldn't believe his words. He... loved her? 

Tears filled his eyes as he stared down at her face. "I love you. Your pain is my pain. Your happiness is my happiness. You will never be alone, because I'll always be with you. That is why I care Sonakshi". 

"R-Rohit, I also-" Sonakshi tried to explain, but Rohit placed his finger on her lips, quieting her. He smiled as he wiped away tear, he wiped away her pain.

"I know Sonakshi". She didn't have to explain herself to him because he already knew. He knew she loved him, it was obvious since the day she tried to keep his orange jacket with her. "Rest Sonakshi, I will take care of you. I always will." He looked down at her and knew she was the one for him. No matter what, he would always be there for her. He picked her up in his arms and began to walk back to his car. His world felt complete. 

Rain falls like God's own poetry; each drop is a single letter in a song that takes eons to sing. It has always been music, always called to people in ways that cannot explained. When the patter of the drops tumbles from grey skies the melody brings serenity no matter the chaos in people's lives. Rain. Blessed rain. A love that blossoms in the rain will forever water the seed of love in the future of their relationship. 

Hey guys, thanks for reading this one shot I wrote. It's not the best but I really wanted to write this scene before it left my brain. Hope to write more! - Anjali 😊❤️

Edit: Hey everyone! I love your comments, they really encourage me!! Please if you have any requests, comment down below or just PM me!!! I can't wait!

Edited by Anuka1 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

smile10000 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Amazing os.. The pain of Sona so well described and her seeking comfort in Rohit.. 

laila889 thumbnail

Wow amazing writing I must say! I love how you have portrayed Sona’s pain and emotions so beautifully! And I also loved how Rohit confessed his love so effortlessly! You really are an amazing writer and I really hope that you write more amazing pieces on Ronakshi! 

natzcreado thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Beautifully penned!!!

sosweetsumi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

most amazing one 

loved it

..RiMi.. thumbnail

Amazing.. deserves more likes ❤️

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

GOSH THIS!! I love it so much!! 

The way you've shown Sonakshi's despondency is commendable. She is *so* tired of their shit. GODS I HATE THOSE TWO!! They don't appreciate Sona at all. They don't deserve her.

But, Rohit! OOOF. THAT MANS!! I love him! <33333

The confession in this one was so beautiful. Ekdum sweet and simple with zero show and it hit right in the heart. REALLY GOOD.

haribol79 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Well written..keep writing more..you express beautifully with words

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Lovely!

Do write more!

Anuka1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DMGThings

GOSH THIS!! I love it so much!! 

The way you've shown Sonakshi's despondency is commendable. She is *so* tired of their shit. GODS I HATE THOSE TWO!! They don't appreciate Sona at all. They don't deserve her.

But, Rohit! OOOF. THAT MANS!! I love him! <33333

The confession in this one was so beautiful. Ekdum sweet and simple with zero show and it hit right in the heart. REALLY GOOD.

Thank you soooooo much!!!! Your comment really made me happy!❤️