I Trust You - A MishBir OS/Drabble

Posted: 4 years ago

Hola! I'm Prags. Relatively new to the forum, but I'm a huge MishBir fan and today's episode left a sour taste in my mouth, so, I ended up writing this drabble/OS. Hope y'all like it! :)

I Trust You

I absolutely hated how Mish was portrayed in today’s episode, so a quick drabble on the MishBir scene. What if Mish had told Bir what was wrong today? Also, Mishti never wrote thank you in that text message to Meanu, because I refuse to believe that.

“Mishti, kyu kar rahi ho yeh sab?” Abir asked, yet again. He refused to believe that Mishti, his Mishti, his Angry Chorni, who loved her family more than anything else in the world would do something so drastic, hurt them so badly. Was this the same girl who he’d met that night? The one who had followed Naman to get her Badi Maa’s money back? The same girl who was ready to apologize to his mother for no fault of her own, just to please her family? No. She was not. And she was definitely not the girl who told him that nothing mattered more to her than getting Kunal & Kuhu married, the one who defied her family for Kuhu’s happiness. 

This was not the Mishti he’d fallen in love with. The love of his life could never do something like this. He knew that. He trusted her more than he trusted himself. So, it was obvious that she was doing this because someone was forcing her to do it, someone was blackmailing her. What hurt him was that she didn’t think she could confide in him. He’d done his best to be there for her, to support her in everything. He’d told her, time and again, that he would always be in her corner, no matter what. So, why couldn’t she trust him enough to tell him what was troubling her?

“Abir… Tum please jao yahaan se. Mujhe kuch nahi kehna,” Mishti reiterated, yet again, though her heart was screaming not to do so. This was Abir. Her Abir. He trusted her despite everything that had happened. He trusted her, even now, when her Bade Papa was so disappointed in her. She could share everything with him. She knew that. But, should she? She didn’t know. It would hurt Abir to know how his mother was blackmailing her. But then again, she knew that he was very aware of his mother’s scheming ways. 

“Mishti, please,” He pleaded. He turned her around so she was looking at him. “Please, batao mujhe. Itna toh trust kar sakti ho na mujhpe?”

She scoffed internally. Trust? She trusted him more than anyone else. Even her, even her Badi Maa & Bade Papa. His words triggered a slew of memories in her heart. She remembered every instance when Abir had stood by her. And then, she remembered that night at this very house, when Abir had driven her home to cheer her up after Meenu had humiliated her in front of everyone, and what he’d said then. He’d asked her to always be truthful when it came to him, had assured her that everything would be okay as long as they were honest with each other. Today, she would be honest, she decided. She would tell him.

“Mishti?” Abir called softly, cupping her face in his hands. “Please,” he said, yet again, resting his forehead on hers. He needed her to tell him, to trust him. His need to protect her from everything was primal, but his need for validation from her, for proof that she trusted him was even deeper. 

Unable to take it anymore, Mishti hugged Abir, hiding her face in his chest. Abir gave a sigh of relief and wrapped her up in his arms tightly. Mishti smiled despite her tears. Abir’s support meant the world to her, especially now, when all of her family was questioning her. His arms were her safe haven. She never wanted to leave. What had she told Kuhu? She’d never let anyone come in between her and Abir. And, she wouldn’t. Abir coming to talk to her, wanting to know, wanting to help, had changed everything. She finally realized that she wasn’t alone. She had Abir. And for now, that was enough.

“Come on,” Abir told her, pulling away slightly. He walked to the bed and made her sit on it, before sitting beside her. “Batao mujhe. Please.”

And then, Mishti couldn’t hold back. She didn’t want Abir to hear her say ‘I love you’ for the first time in such a situation, so omitting that part, she told him that his mother didn’t like how close the two of them were, that she didn’t want Mishti to be a part of Abir’s life in anyway, that she didn’t deserve to be Abir’s friend. And then, she told him how she’d been blackmailed into doing all this, his mother telling her that she wouldn’t let Kunal marry Kuhu if she didn’t go away, and in such a way that her family wouldn’t try to stop her. She told him that his mother was already aware of Kuhu’s parentage and had still made her create a scene in front of everyone just to distance Mishti from the rest of the family. 

All the while, Abir listened to her intently, completely aghast. He knew his mother wasn’t really happy with this alliance, and he also knew that she was a master manipulator, but he had never ever expected her to stoop so low. Not once.

Once Mishti was done talking, Abir hugged her yet again, kissing the top of her head, holding her close. He would deal with his mother, but right now, it was Mishti who needed him. And he would be there for her, just like he’d promised.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So, here it is. The ending is a little iffy, I think. I could've done better, but kuch samajh nahi aa raha tha. And I wanted this to be only MishBir and no one else, so other scenes weren't a part of this. 

Please leave honest feedback. Thank you! :D

It's wonderful. You should post more often

Originally posted by Dotslover22

It's wonderful. You should post more often

Thank you!! :))

A part of me wishes that she should have just melted right there and than and then the sadist in me craves for the airport scene. Very well written though🤗

Originally posted by fangirl1012

A part of me wishes that she should have just melted right there and than and then the sadist in me craves for the airport scene. Very well written though🤗

Thank you so much!! I know what you mean. The airport scene. FREAK. CANNOT WAIT.

Heyy, you watch this show too??? Okay I wouldn't say I "watch" it per se, however I do follow it via the written updates and watch the occasional episodes.

Anyway... Aah I'm so glad I found this OS! You've put into words a scenario which I've imagined in my mind so many times! I hated how this whole fiasco ended up playing out, especially with Mishti complying with Meenu's demands. Anyway I'm not even going to go there.

You've done such a great job with this OS, it really was a treat to read!

He’d told her, time and again, that he would always be in her corner, no matter what. So, why couldn’t she trust him enough to tell him what was troubling her?

THIS! One of the reasons I started shipping MishBir is because of how vocal Abir has always been about his support for Mishti. I can only imagine how painful it is to have someone you feel so protective towards hiding something from you.

He’d asked her to always be truthful when it came to him, had assured her that everything would be okay as long as they were honest with each other.

I absolutely loved this line! This is what relationships are about in the end. Mishti must realize Abir is mature enough to handle the situation wisely and help her out, instead of just acting on an impulse. He definitely deserves to know the truth. I don't buy this mahaanta crap (forgive me for my words), but honestly - that is just something I no longer believe in. You won't survive the world like that. People have to be selfish at times, and rightly so.

I don't understand why Mishti thinks Kuhu will be safe once Mishti does what Meenu asked her to do. A person who resorts to such low tactics to get her way once will likely not stop there. There's no guarantee that Kuhu will have a happy and peaceful life after marriage. And actually, if Kunal is willing to break off the alliance at his mother's say right now, then what's there to stop him from wanting a divorce in the future according to his mother's whims and fancies?

She finally realized that she wasn’t alone. She had Abir. And for now, that was enough.

This... this right here was perfect. I loved this last bit!

I realize I wrote a bit too much - my own little drabble in response to your OS 😆 Please do write more, and also let me know when you do. I'd love to get to read more of your works! ❤️

Originally posted by basket_101

Heyy, you watch this show too??? Okay I wouldn't say I "watch" it per se, however I do follow it via the written updates and watch the occasional episodes.

Anyway... Aah I'm so glad I found this OS! You've put into words a scenario which I've imagined in my mind so many times! I hated how this whole fiasco ended up playing out, especially with Mishti complying with Meenu's demands. Anyway I'm not even going to go there.

You've done such a great job with this OS, it really was a treat to read!

He’d told her, time and again, that he would always be in her corner, no matter what. So, why couldn’t she trust him enough to tell him what was troubling her?

THIS! One of the reasons I started shipping MishBir is because of how vocal Abir has always been about his support for Mishti. I can only imagine how painful it is to have someone you feel so protective towards hiding something from you.

He’d asked her to always be truthful when it came to him, had assured her that everything would be okay as long as they were honest with each other.

I absolutely loved this line! This is what relationships are about in the end. Mishti must realize Abir is mature enough to handle the situation wisely and help her out, instead of just acting on an impulse. He definitely deserves to know the truth. I don't buy this mahaanta crap (forgive me for my words), but honestly - that is just something I no longer believe in. You won't survive the world like that. People have to be selfish at times, and rightly so.

I don't understand why Mishti thinks Kuhu will be safe once Mishti does what Meenu asked her to do. A person who resorts to such low tactics to get her way once will likely not stop there. There's no guarantee that Kuhu will have a happy and peaceful life after marriage. And actually, if Kunal is willing to break off the alliance at his mother's say right now, then what's there to stop him from wanting a divorce in the future according to his mother's whims and fancies?

She finally realized that she wasn’t alone. She had Abir. And for now, that was enough.

This... this right here was perfect. I loved this last bit!

I realize I wrote a bit too much - my own little drabble in response to your OS 😆 Please do write more, and also let me know when you do. I'd love to get to read more of your works! ❤️

Heyyyyyy!! Thank you so much!! I'm so very glad that you loved this OS. Even I was a little frustrated with how Mishti wasn't confiding in Abir, and especially yesterday when she was about to say something but then changed her mind, I couldn't take it. Toh frustration nikaalne, wrote this.

I actually started watching the show a couple weeks ago. A lot of people on my twitter tl used to praise it all the time so I thought I'd check it out and I fell in love with both Mishti & Abir. They're such great characters! I only watch for them. Baaki toh mostly sab fast forward hota hai, especially Meanu. :p

The trust Abir & Mishti both have in each other is the most beautiful thing and I adore it so much. They both understand each other better than anyone else and are so in tune, it warms my heart. I love how they're always honest and open with each other, barring the current scenario, and lean on each other for support. Theirs is a very good foundation for a relationship!! 💕

You're right about Kunal, but I think that Mishti thinks that it's her that's the problem for Meanu. That she's doing all this only because she found that Mishti loves Abir, and once she goes from Abir's life, Meanu will leave Kuhu alone. That's the only motivation I can think of. She doesn't know just how manipulative Meanu is, neither is she aware of the fact that Meanu never wanted this marriage to happen. So, her thinking is somewhat justified. I think.

Waise, seeing your username, I'm sure you're also a DMG fan. Toh, I kinda am writing 2 fanfics if you're interested in reading - I'll Love You Longer Than Forever & The Distance Between Us. I'll DM you links if you want. :)

Thank you so much for this hearty response! It made my day!! 🤧🤧

Originally posted by DMGThings

Baaki toh mostly sab fast forward hota hai, especially Meanu. :p

Say word, I just realized why people have been writing it as "Mean-u" 😆 Quite apt!

The trust Abir & Mishti both have in each other is the most beautiful thing and I adore it so much. They both understand each other better than anyone else and are so in tune, it warms my heart. I love how they're always honest and open with each other, barring the current scenario, and lean on each other for support. Theirs is a very good foundation for a relationship!! 💕

^ Yesss! Their foundation is strong, and they're dealing with a major obstacle even before formally establishing their relationship which means they are going to be well equipped to face any future issues as a team! Relying on one another and actually supporting each other!

You're right about Kunal, but I think that Mishti thinks that it's her that's the problem for Meanu. That she's doing all this only because she found that Mishti loves Abir, and once she goes from Abir's life, Meanu will leave Kuhu alone. That's the only motivation I can think of. She doesn't know just how manipulative Meanu is, neither is she aware of the fact that Meanu never wanted this marriage to happen. So, her thinking is somewhat justified. I think.

That is true I suppose. And it also boils down to the personality/character of the person in question - if I were in that position, I'd definitely be questioning the credibility of whatever Meanu says. But for Mishti, she truly does believe that she is the problem for Meanu and not Kuhu. So you definitely have a point there - and the last bit too.

Waise, seeing your username, I'm sure you're also a DMG fan. Toh, I kinda am writing 2 fanfics if you're interested in reading - I'll Love You Longer Than Forever & The Distance Between Us. I'll DM you links if you want. :)

Yess, AR was the reason I joined IF  Please do! I may not be able to get to them right away, but I'll definitely add it to my watched topics and catch up!

PS. I just posted another OS on RoNakshi - I'll send you a link as well (:

Thank you so much for this hearty response! It made my day!! 🤧🤧

Awwh, I'm gladdd <3 You are well deserving of all the praise for this piece, seriously! Great job once again 🤗

wow prags,,.. this is so lovely... i really wish something like this happened in the show.. but haa we hav the airport scene.. 

this is written so beautifully.. would love to read more of ur work..🤗