Sacred Games Season 2 - Reviews & Discussion - Page 4

Posted: 4 years ago

just finished season 2.

I would say it was good, but I was disappointed with the little screentime of Guru-ji had. Also trying to spin that Guru-ji had anything to do with Hinduism was also not something I agree upon.

There are so many things to discuss but dunno where to start.

Saifu character Sartaj had so much material IMO, but the makers for whatever reason, kept on making him a chaman.

I rather liked Majid's character.

The guy who plays Home Minister is awesome though, he plays the guy whom you wanna trash with perfection. Same with the guy who plays Trivedi.

Jojo was a weird character IMO, and her being a traitor angle while expected because of hint from season one, was shocking.

The lady who played Yadav is an excellent actor.

I personally felt Kalki and her character was wasted, because it didn't gave her much depth.

As for the propoganda of the makers, well it was quite visible. The need to make it like, everything wrong happening in the nation is because of Hindus, and Muslims are the victim. A very one sided narrative.

Originally posted by AllThatCritique

Just finished with season 2. This season is again completely Nawaz's with equally powerful performance by Pankaj Tripathi and Ambruta Subhash( SHE IS RIDICULOUSLY GOOD so much so that she steals every single scene from Nawaz which I didn't think was ever possible for any other actor). The performances are fantastic but Saif hardly has anything to do. The actor playing his partner is good. Most of season 1 actors have next to nothing to do. 

Story wise its not upto season 1 standards. That's all I wanna say. Anything else will be a spoiler.

This season is colored in religion though. There's appropriate majority bashing with zero to no comment on minority flaws. Its kinda expected when you have Kashyap and Grover as headliners. The book also had certain leanings so there's that.

There is a certain comment spoken in the series with no repercussions and actual answer to it that had me baffled.

Anyway,take Nawaz,Tripathi and Subhash out and there's nothing worthwhile about the series. Saif is useless pretty much. 

which certain comment ATC??

Originally posted by Thug-Leader

which certain comment ATC??

The 'Muslim ko uthane ki liye koi wajah lagti hain kya'. The hypocrisy of the statement and the officers suddenly looking very guilty and ashamed and schooled by a whole criminal who was supporting anti India activities was baffling to me. 

The 'Muslim ko uthane ki liye koi wajah lagti hain kya'. The hypocrisy of the statement and the officers suddenly looking very guilty and ashamed and schooled by a whole criminal who was supporting anti India activities was baffling to me. 

I agree.

Also it is amazing how Shahid Khan had so much hatred for India, while he was born of an Indian mother and possibly from rape.

Originally posted by Thug-Leader

I agree.

Also it is amazing how Shahid Khan had so much hatred for India, while he was born of an Indian mother and possibly from rape.

The show did two things very cunningly.

Humanized the terrorist with the mother angle. If anything,he should have hated people who did that to his mother. But this also shows the Pakistani conditioning against India. Its either hatred or nothing. 

And the worst plotpoint in history : ofcourse behind the greatest terrorism plot is a Guru talking about Satyug. ðŸ˜† Sure its not pointing to a particular religion at all. Forget Hindu bashing,the fact that these writers think Ghazwa-e-hind masterminds will take help for a Guru,someone who isn't Muslim and propagate their idea of Islam is next level. Jihadists rather die then take help from a non Muslim in their Jihad. 

Sadly, season 2 came to a predictable end... It lacked so much of the "WTH"ness of season 1 that I was kina bored. Isn't it always convenient to crown the big 3s? Money, sex or religion? It would've been more (just more) if the darker side of human psyche was explored to the fullest.

The show did two things very cunningly.

Humanized the terrorist with the mother angle. If anything,he should have hated people who did that to his mother. But this also shows the Pakistani conditioning against India. Its either hatred or nothing. 

And the worst plotpoint in history : ofcourse behind the greatest terrorism plot is a Guru talking about Satyug. ðŸ˜† Sure its not pointing to a particular religion at all. Forget Hindu bashing,the fact that these writers think Ghazwa-e-hind masterminds will take help for a Guru,someone who isn't Muslim and propagate their idea of Islam is next level. Jihadists rather die then take help from a non Muslim in their Jihad. 

I think Shahid Khan didn't knew that Malcolm was part of that cult, as when he met Shahid, he acted like he was some Muslim dude. So he was also fooled, like Trivedi, who thought Guru-ji cared about Hinduism.

I think it would have been much better had they shown Guru ji as some mad theorist/more Thanos like rather than the creepy pansexual Baba(which was still awesome), rather than a man who wanted to go back to Satyayug, using the Hindu angle cleverly so when questioned they can say, hey we didn't said anything directly.

It would have been awesome, if they showed that the likes of Trivedi, Home Minister were fooled by using the Hindu angle while Shahid and co were fooled by Muslim anglr. Would have been more balanced, and a better message that how power hungry and mad people who just want to see the world burn, were corrupting religion. I know that Guruji wasn't exactly about Hinduism, but they didn't made it in apparent. Rather discreetly used it to portray Hindus as the actual villains and muslims as victim of torture lol. It isn't black and white like that lol. But than again Varun and Anurag se kiya except karna.

Btw what you think about Sartaj's next move??? I have a feeling after saving Bombay. I don't know but it felt like he was impressed by the cult.