Sacred Games Season 2 - Reviews & Discussion - Page 3

Posted: 4 years ago

This season is gonna piss lot of people

Originally posted by GhayalParinda

Is this series actually any good or is it praised just cos it's one of India's first gangster web series? 

Its fantastic. One of the best coming out of India. Gaitonde's characterization is one of the best in the series. I have read the book it is based on and the amount of unbelievable character building that book has is something I didn't think one can so justice to in a visual medium but Sacred Games aces it. The story,visuals, and the magnetic performance of Nawaz makes it all worth it. Saif is good in the later half but Nawaz is the one who makes the series what it is. 

Originally posted by AllThatCritique

Its fantastic. One of the best coming out of India. Gaitonde's characterization is one of the best in the series. I have read the book it is based on and the amount of unbelievable character building that book has is something I didn't think one can so justice to in a visual medium but Sacred Games aces it. The story,visuals, and the magnetic performance of Nawaz makes it all worth it. Saif is good in the later half but Nawaz is the one who makes the series what it is. 

Gaitonde is ruling hearts. 

Just finished with season 2. This season is again completely Nawaz's with equally powerful performance by Pankaj Tripathi and Ambruta Subhash( SHE IS RIDICULOUSLY GOOD so much so that she steals every single scene from Nawaz which I didn't think was ever possible for any other actor). The performances are fantastic but Saif hardly has anything to do. The actor playing his partner is good. Most of season 1 actors have next to nothing to do. 

Story wise its not upto season 1 standards. That's all I wanna say. Anything else will be a spoiler.

This season is colored in religion though. There's appropriate majority bashing with zero to no comment on minority flaws. Its kinda expected when you have Kashyap and Grover as headliners. The book also had certain leanings so there's that.

There is a certain comment spoken in the series with no repercussions and actual answer to it that had me baffled.

Anyway,take Nawaz,Tripathi and Subhash out and there's nothing worthwhile about the series. Saif is useless pretty much. 

I've only watched Sacred Games season 1 till now and it is actually quite amazing specially Nawazuddin Siddiqui  as Ganesh Gaitonde and Saif as Sartaj Singh....both were really really good in season 1....I used to dislike Saif before watching Sacred Games...but he made me change my opinion . The first season was quite gritty, gory...raw....yet very entertaining...till the very end....I watched the entire season in one night .

But according to the reviews......people are disappointed with second season...apparently the showrunners thought it'd be okay to use this show to feed people their disgusting anti-hindu propaganda . Shame on them . 

Do you think there will be Season 3?

Originally posted by altgr

Do you think there will be Season 3?

No

There is no book story to continue.

Even if they make they can't have Nawaz storyline etc continue.

Continuing with saif character would be bland and boring.

*Might contain spoilers below*

Season 2 is kinda disappointing after watching season 1 which was so truly amazing. For me Nawaz stood out the most again. He was frickin brilliant and owned every single scene he was in. 

I was pleasantly surprised with saif in season 1 and kinda rooted for him but he’s too bland in season 2. I don’t know if it’s the characterisation or Saifs acting skills. Just could not connect. 

Pankaj T was good. So was that Yadav lady. 

If there isn’t a third season , then There are so many unanswered questions. What really happened to dilbagh. And what made Sartaj try the code in the end!! What happened to yadav ma’am that she was traumatised??