Mission Over Mars - Teaser | ALTBalaji | Sakshi, Mona

Posted: 4 years ago

Edited by Khai_R_Haagi - 4 years ago

Looks so much better than the movie!! Movie trailor was akshay all over.. 

This one looks much better than
Mission Mangal movie! 👏

Mona Singh's acting is so impressive!! Love her performances since the Jassi Jaisie Koi Nahi times. It's impressive the way she always gets attached to her characters.

On the other hand Sakshi Tanwar's dialogue delivery seemed a little bland to me. Otherwise everything on the trailer looked totally on point.

Edited by ffkhan - 4 years ago

Edited by Khai_R_Haagi - 4 years ago

Wow .. looks so much more authentic than gharelu trailer of MM!

This is a far superior trailer to Mission Mangal. What I like about this trailer that it focuses on the characters as scientists and engineers. 

Mission Mangal's weird focus on sindoor, housework, etc. although well-intentioned came out cringeworthy. It distracted from the focus. In addition, the narrative seemed centered around Akshay Kumar, and that felt in poor taste to me. 

Look, many women juggle family and career and their efforts deserve to be lauded. It creates this unrealistic pressure for women to have it all. A working mom once said to me that the movement for women in the workforce was also combined with a movement for men doing domestic chores. While the workplace made space for women, there was nothing to offset chores like cooking, cleaning, caring for kids, caring for husband in-laws. Working just added a whole new set of professional chores to an already long list of domestic chores. Men doing domestic chores get lauded more than women who juggle career and family. Men who focus on career only never get questioned, but women who are career-oriented get all sorts of judgment. 

The point is celebrating women who "have it all" is well-intentioned but we need to stop focusing on this almost superhero-like mythos around women. Building narratives focused on their careers and professional skills instead of their domestic duties would be a giant leap in unburdening women from the pressure to "have it all" 

Wow looks fantastic and better than the movie