The Night We Met // Imaan OS

Posted: 4 years ago

I don't think we ever discussed a ship-name for Hanuman and Imarti, so I'm just gonna go ahead and call them Imaan (wordplay absolutely intended because Imaan seems like a beautiful word to sum up their relationship).

THE NIGHT WE MET

I am not the only traveller,
Who has not repaid his debt.

Hanuman didn't think he could ever pay back Imarti for everything she had done for him, for everything she was to him. He had tried when she still was with him, with all her laughter and wit. He tried now when she wasn't, when her laughter and witticisms still rang in his ears and mind. He loved her with all he had. But it wasn't enough. Imarti deserved the entire world, and he was just an inconsequential part of it.

I've been searching for a trail to follow, again.
Take me back to the night we met.

He wondered sometimes, what he would have been like, what his life would have been like, if he had never met Imarti. What would have his life been like, if his bride had been someone else? Would she have let herself be overpowered and suppressed? Would he be just like his father had been?

He thought back to their wedding night. The way she had looked so simple and naïve when he had entered the room, the way she seemed to completely transform to this feisty warrior the minute he tried to subdue her. Oh, what a sight she had been! He fell head over heels in love with her in that moment. He knew he would move heaven and earth to win her over. God knows he tried his best. And he did it, won her over, proved himself worthy of her love. It felt like he had conquered the world.

And then I can tell myself,
What the hell I'm supposed to do.
And then I can tell myself,
Not to ride along with you.

What did she think about his life now? Was she proud that he helped Minnie and Babita to start a new chapter of their lives? Was she happy that he remembered what she had told him, that he stood by the daughter-mother's side through thick and thin? What did she think of them, did she like them? Was she mad that Hanuman loved them?

Her voice, the one in his heart, the one that he still heard sometimes, laughed at him. Told him to stop thinking about these foolish things, Maan, of course she wasn't mad at them! They made him happy, before any of them knew it, they became his raison d'être. How could she possibly be angry them, or him? Not his Imarti, no. She was far better than that.

I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you.
Take me back to the night we met.
I don't know what I'm supposed to do, haunted by the ghost of you.
Oh, take me back to the night we met.

To him, it felt like yesterday when they had gotten married. It also felt like a lifetime ago. One day, he was just a man about to get married, thinking he would show his bride her place the moment they got married. The next day, he had fallen in love with her because she showed him his place. One day, he was a man without a care in the world. The next day, he had a wife whom he loved and who loved him, and he knew both of them would move mountains to be with each other forever. One day, they were happy and so, so in love. The next day, his world had stopped spinning. To add to his misery, he was held responsible for the death of the person most dear to him. Was he responsible? He didn't know. Did he feel responsible? Yes, he did. Heavens help him, he did.

He had felt like he was broken beyond repair. He'd had no one with him while he went through his suspension, the court case, the testimonies, through the ordeals he had to face so soon after bereavement. Of course, Imarti had always been there, in his heart. But the fact that she had to be in his heart and not by his side, holding his hand, made it hurt just a little bit more. It was yesterday, and it was a lifetime ago.

Today, his worst nightmare had come back to haunt him. Eight years later, he was going to face everything once more. But he knew Imarti was with him, she would make him stronger, strong enough to face the tornado coming straight at him.

Knowing what he knew now, knowing that it would end this way, that their love was star-crossed, would he still want it all over again? Given a chance, would he still go back to the night they met?

Yes. Yes, he would.

Edited by Manasi_MD - 4 years ago

I felt a sharp pain in my heart reading this. 

They were star-crossed indeed. What a beautiful piece, my dear! Take a bow. ❤️

Indeed if he had a chance to do it all over again, he would change nothing. He would not want a docile, meek wife. Imarti and he had been made for each other, and those short years, they had made memories for a lifetime. 

Movingly lovely.

Loved it to bits. The last line broke a part of my HS Babes love though. But that's the beauty of it all. He would go back, given a chance. :)

Wonderful!

Originally posted by inlieu

I felt a sharp pain in my heart reading this. 

They were star-crossed indeed. What a beautiful piece, my dear! Take a bow. ❤️

Indeed if he had a chance to do it all over again, he would change nothing. He would not want a docile, meek wife. Imarti and he had been made for each other, and those short years, they had made memories for a lifetime. 

Dil dukhane ka iraada na tha, ji. But I'm glad you liked it! ❤️ I was having too many Imaan feels today 😆

Originally posted by Mishti_Dahi

Movingly lovely.

Loved it to bits. The last line broke a part of my HS Babes love though. But that's the beauty of it all. He would go back, given a chance. :)

Wonderful!

Thank you so much! smiley27

@bold: I was just in the mindset that the fact that Babita so willing accepted the accusations against him must've made him feel so alone in this once again. Hurt my Hanita heart, but he could be thinking like that in the moment. 🤔

Originally posted by Manasi_MD

Dil dukhane ka iraada na tha, ji. But I'm glad you liked it! ❤️ I was having too many Imaan feels today 😆

Imaan is the perfect choice for perfect emotions of a perfect couple. 

Wow it made me teared up.. so beautiful and so much emotions wrapped up... When you love someone so much ..it's always hard to let it go.. and when that person has left you in circumstances where you are blamed for it...agony doubles.. His Imarti would be happy if he moves on though..Your OS took me back to the scene where Hanuman is drinking after hurting Babita and Imarti comes up with tears in her eyes... And she holds his hand when he feels lonely the most..

Originally posted by riti4u

Wow it made me teared up.. so beautiful and so much emotions wrapped up... When you love someone so much ..it's always hard to let it go.. and when that person has left you in circumstances where you are blamed for it...agony doubles.. His Imarti would be happy if he moves on though..Your OS took me back to the scene where Hanuman is drinking after hurting Babita and Imarti comes up with tears in her eyes... And she holds his hand when he feels lonely the most..

Thank you for the kind words! 🤗

And that scene, oh my god, I cried so much at that. It was painful and beautiful at the same time! ❤️😭

Originally posted by Manasi_MD

Thank you so much! smiley27

@bold: I was just in the mindset that the fact that Babita so willing accepted the accusations against him must've made him feel so alone in this once again. Hurt my Hanita heart, but he could be thinking like that in the moment. 🤔

Yes, as of now.

But even otherwise, first love is first love. No debates on that. He would go back to Imarti a hundred times, if given hundred chances. She has made him the man he is. And I've no problems accepting this cause I know where she stands in his life.

Originally posted by Mishti_Dahi

Yes, as of now.

But even otherwise, first love is first love. No debates on that. He would go back to Imarti a hundred times, if given hundred chances. She has made him the man he is. And I've no problems accepting this cause I know where she stands in his life.

Exactly! ❤️

Just for that one reason, I sometimes wish Imarti was really back from the dead 😆