Patiala Babes

Basic Instinct

Cinnamon_Kisses thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Many including myself are disappointed with the way Babita handled the situation yesterday but the only question arising in my mind thereafter was that has she not behaved in such a way all the time? Hanuman’s calculated risks worked in his favor. He was able to push her away and that happened because she shut down. More so because he knew she would.  She wanted to walk away from the situation. That she did. Whereas Mini got her Hanuman Uncle's back like a strong and steady rock. This is the difference between Babita and Minnie’s basic nature. Minnie’s instincts say fight whereas Babita’s instincts say flight, both of which can become extreme at one time or the other.  Babita has always lived and behaved in such a way. She is conditioned to react like this  whether it’s about a man she is developing feelings for or her own daughter. 

Yes, she has grown through an Earth shattering reality in life and her daughter was there with her but if we see the graph of her character, she is someone who has needed immense support even in regular course of life. Minnie and Hanuman were there for her when she started her catering business. She had said no to the competition from where her journey began in the first place and even after that she kept telling Minnie that “jaisa chal Raha hai waise chalne de” in the name of holding back expenses. When Ashok came to fight with Babita saying that Minnie is interfering in his personal life, Babita had slapped her daughter before asking for an explanation.  Even when she got to know that Manmeet has committed cyber crime she was not ready to file a police complain. Hanuman was exhausted drilling sense into her head. Babita had to be put in that situation where she had no other option left. This reminds me of the whole Amit Kukreja episode too. 

As I said Minnie fights everything that she can. Sometimes she is right, sometimes she is not. Minnie stood up to fight for her mother when her biological father did what he did. She fought against Manmeet, yelled at him, beat him up and suffered because of anger issues. She has beaten other people too. She fought against her best friend when Rano spoke ill of babes. She fought against Hanuman when she got to know about his true feelings because she had negative conceptions of love. She has fought with Hanuman again when she felt that he should move on. Correct or not become secondary basis for her, she always stands for what she feels is right. 

Hanuman has been someone who is equally important in this dynamic. He has always been there for the mother daughter duo and balanced them out in life. He has guided Babita in making decisions and he has scolded Minnie when she did something wrong. He is the one who has become an emotional anchor for Babita and a pillar or of strength for Minnie.  But matters are not the same right now. He is the one who needs emotional support. In such an unfolding of life, Hanuman is doing the best he thinks he can – Pushing the mother daughter away from his pain and problems. Minnie is doing the best she thinks she can – Not believing in pieces of paper and asking her dad about what is right and what is not. Babita on the contrary is baffled. Her nerves have numbed. Yet again she has to be pushed beyond a limit where she has no alternative left but to make a decision on her own. Last time it was about filling the FIR, this time it will be about supporting Hanuman through the court case. 

Lastly I would like to say that at this particular point of time in her life  it is genuinely not about Babita's feelings for Hanuman. It is not about love, falling in love is something she has to learn. Before which she has to learn to live a life where she will speak as Babita and make her own decisions. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Muktchand thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Well I don't know this is related to topic or not

if anyone seen segment Paridhi told in our story daughter is doing all imp things strictly my opinion Paridhi look bit off saying this.....  

I felt Writers giving little more imp to Minnie than Babita 🤔 or may be Babita's character still needs to grow more depth she comes out bit timid, escapist ( try run away from situation), self centered , quickly jump on conclusion person  

with all her bitter past she has became like this or she is always been like this 😕

yes Minnie's relation with Hanuman is totally different than Babita Hanuman can not compare 

but like u said its basic nature of characters coming out 

still I will wait for some episodes esp today's 

riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

You are right..it's about basic structure inside.. Babita has always been playing safe one... and Minnie is the one who challenges and fights for what is right... While Hanuman I think is someone who would do a right thing even if it kills him .. Minnie and Hanuman do share common nature traits.. they are fighters..but also they will hide their pain and instead take measures to deal with it as it should be..

If we see from a distance at the scene that played out that night.. I know Minnie had seen case files but she doesn't about court notice yet.. She recalled Hanuman's reaction when he left the house so she might have guessed that there is something that he is hiding about that case only.. She is not fully aware of things but still when she sees Hanuman reacting that way to Babita , she is sure that whatever came in the evening was about that past that she just uncovered.Despite hearing his ruthless words..she felt his pain and was crying for both her parents. 

Next day even his words could not shake her beliefs coz she had seen his act the other night.. while on other hand his act the other night drove Babita to a quick decision.. which he wanted out of her.. 

He can fool his daughter ki mother but his daughter can't be fooled by him.. 

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Totally agree with the last portion where Babita needs to make decisions on her own, not influenced by Minnie or anyone else.

And well, if she still decides to back off rather than stand strong, then I guess that's her choice.

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: blushing

if anyone seen segment Paridhi told in our story daughter is doing all imp things strictly my opinion Paridhi look bit off saying this.....  

I felt Writers giving little more imp to Minnie than Babita 🤔 or may be Babita's character still needs to grow more depth she comes out bit timid, escapist ( try run away from situation), self centered , quickly jump on conclusion person  

with all her bitter past she has became like this or she is always been like this 😕

yes Minnie's relation with Hanuman is totally different than Babita Hanuman can not compare 

I think she's always been like this. She has always done what others have told her because she trusted their wisdom and experience. E.g., getting her married at 18, sending Ashok alone to London etc.

It's only because of the divorce that she has been put in a position where she has had to make some hard choices. At the age of 35 she's learning how to do things that Minnie has learnt at the age of 17. There's bound to be some form of fear inside her where she doubts if she's making the right choice.

But then she does things like releasing Ashok and sending him to London and it mind boggles me as to how we don't see her do things like that on a continuous basis. Like she did that all on her own. So why can't she make all her decisions like that??

Originally posted by: blushing

I think it is related to the topic and even I noticed Paridhi's demeanor. 

I feel at this point Paridhi as a person is not able to relate to the character of Babita. 

I am eagerly looking forward to it.

Muktchand thumbnail

exactly she doesn't convincing with this track......thanks i felt i was the only one who felt 😆  

Muktchand thumbnail

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

I think she's always been like this. She has always done what others have told her because she trusted their wisdom and experience. E.g., getting her married at 18, sending Ashok alone to London etc.

It's only because of the divorce that she has been put in a position where she has had to make some hard choices. At the age of 35 she's learning how to do things that Minnie has learnt at the age of 17. There's bound to be some form of fear inside her where she doubts if she's making the right choice.

But then she does things like releasing Ashok and sending him to London and it mind boggles me as to how we don't see her do things like that on a continuous basis. Like she did that all on her own. So why can't she make all her decisions like that??

agree

well that's again self benefit part 😆 

well Babita is super insecure person ...her low self esteem is reason.....

here too she is judging situation very superficially ...

Originally posted by: riti4u

You are right..it's about basic structure inside.. Babita has always been playing safe one... and Minnie is the one who challenges and fights for what is right... While Hanuman I think is someone who would do a right thing even if it kills him .. Minnie and Hanuman do share common nature traits.. they are fighters..but also they will hide their pain and instead take measures to deal with it as it should be..

I will agree because even now Babita said that she cannot stay in the Haveli. That is a very safe move. Mini on the other end is there for Hanuman and about the man himself, he asked for a suspension, pushed Babita away, started drinking out of a bottle and said 'murder is murder'. He is abiding by the law and making every effort to keep his daughter and Babita safe even when it means that he is dying a thousand deaths on the inside.

If we see from a distance at the scene that played out that night.. I know Minnie had seen case files but she doesn't about court notice yet.. She recalled Hanuman's reaction when he left the house so she might have guessed that there is something that he is hiding about that case only.. She is not fully aware of things but still when she sees Hanuman reacting that way to Babita , she is sure that whatever came in the evening was about that past that she just uncovered.Despite hearing his ruthless words..she felt his pain and was crying for both her parents. 

I am truly amazed by how mature and strong Minnie as a person is becoming by the day. Even when she saw the papers she did not question Hanuman about whether it is right or wrong ... she just stated that she knew that it is wrong.  Minnie chose to trust her experiences with him and also her instincts. Something which Babita is unable to do even after living under the same roof as his, 'his roof.' 

Next day even his words could not shake her beliefs coz she had seen his act the other night.. while on other hand his act the other night drove Babita to a quick decision.. which he wanted out of her.. 

Again he did that on purpose because he knew those words will break her heart. 

He can fool his daughter ki mother but his daughter can't be fooled by him.. 

The moment when Babita says "Ab main yaha nahi ruk sakti" and he says "Jaanta hu" along with all the while when Minnie was demanding answers and it took him every bit of restraint to gain control over himself made it clear that he knows mother and daughter inside out.

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

Totally agree with the last portion where Babita needs to make decisions on her own, not influenced by Minnie or anyone else.

And well, if she still decides to back off rather than stand strong, then I guess that's her choice.

Exactly. Your words remind me of one of Minnie's dialogue wherein she means something like one is responsible for their own happiness and here Bbabita is responsible for her own life.