FF- kabir and pooja # Fated updated chp 7 pg 6 - Page 6

Posted: 4 years ago

Chapter 8

Music playing...kabir tried to reach for the phone To switch off the alarm. Today, strangly he felt irritated with the sound also there was something close to him that smelled like vanilla, he forcefully opened his eyes and there she was pooja cuddled to him. Her head was rested on his cheast her hand sprawled across his tourso. Immediately events of last night flashed before him. He was still uncomfortable about the idea of happy family. But right now he had to wake her up. Pooja ....pooja 

Pooja 

Pooja : snuggling closer uttered

hmnn 

Kabir stiffened did she just purred he looked at her, she was closer than before she looked like a contented kitten. 

Was he living a dream? a woman he loved was in his arms looking  content. He realised it was years since he had slept so peacefully without the help of sleeping pills. Was it her?? That brought him that elusive peace? An alarm sound jarred him back to the present. He shifted trying to unentangle himself from pooja...pooja wake up...pooja ..pooja ved will be late for school. The moment he uttered ved's name pooja awoke. She got up so fast it was almost comical. She looked at the clock it was 7.20 and went into full blown panic attack. 

Pooja : getting out of bed in record speed kabir! Tum jaldi nahi utha sakte the? Now ved will get late for school. She almost sounded accusing. He was about to open his mouth to defend himself but she was almost at the door. She stopped turned around, looked at him with suprise and asked why are you still in bed? Can't you see its 7.20 ved will be late!!!! Go wake him up by the time I prepare breakfast..and just like that she tossed her order and was out of the room. Kabir shaking his head went to ved's room. To say his son was heavy sleeper was an understatement. He was scared for a minute had his son developed deafness overnight..but alas he had taken after his mother in sleeping patterns. Finally tired!!! he scooped him in his arms, took him to the bathroom and turned on the shower!!! and said buddy if you don't get ready for school your mum is going to be super mad. He wasn't prepared for what followed..his son let out a loud wail while he stood there wondering how could a tiny body produce such a loud sound. Pooja and amma rushed in the bathroom to see what had happened!! They both had identical horrified expression on their faces. Kabir looked at them uncomfortably, suddenly he felt an urge to defend himself. I was Trying to wake him up. Pooja's expression reminded him of the time when he had failed in his exam back in school days. His son's wailing had turned into full blown tantrum by now. Pooja looked at him and calmly said you caused this now you fix this.. I want him ready in 10 mins and at the breakfast table. His clothes are on the bed. She left. He looked at amma who was supressing a giggle, for some help but she was too busy getting entertained. She too left the room leaving him to his own devices. 10 mins later...pooja was arranging breakfast at the table and amma was helping her, they looked up and were shocked by the scene unfolding before them. kabir was dripping wet with soap lather still in his hair, a wet towel carelessly thrown on his shoulder ved was dressed giggling at something. Moment he saw pooja he came running and proudly said mum I won the water fight with dada!!!! Pooja supressing a laugh said wow!!!! Now everyday you will get to beat dada in water fight. As he will wake you up from now on. I am so proud of you ved. She looked at kabir and winked. Kabir was ofcourse horrified at the prospect. Amma had volunteered to drop off ved to school giving pooja and kabir some time alone. Kabir had dressed and was sitting at breakfast table;

pooja : here have some pancakes, looks like you had a rough morning, oh wait i should actually say, welcome to fatherhood!! She said playfully. Kabir : (saying dryly) looks like you had a great morning on my expense.

Pooja : oh come on! Kabir I admit ved is a little cranky in the morning...

Kabir : a little cranky!!! He gave a whole new definition to being cranky!!! My ears are still ringing from all that loud crying.

Pooja nonchalantly said you will get used to it.

Kabir : you purposefully put me in that task, didn't you. But you have to admit I did get him ready in record time. 

Pooja : yes, but you created bigger problem for yourself. Now everyday he is going to ask for that oh so fun water fight during bath time.  Seriously Kabir you have lost all your charm.. u can't charm a 3 yr old these days..budhe hogaye ho tum. 

Kabir grabbed pooja, with his face inches away from hers said.. isliye tum saari raat mere baaho mein thi? He raised his one eyebrow. Oh he had his naughty face on. Pooja turned pretty sade of pink realising maybe she pushed Kabir too far..they shared an eye lock moment. kabir wisphered i can still charm my baby and the mother of my child too. Don't play this game with me. I am better at it than you.

Days passed, it had been three weeks, things had fallen into routine , of course he still did not believe in that dream of happy family that pooja was determined to turn into reality. Their relation would require a lot of work, it was so fragile filled with distrust he doubted it would last the test of time. However he was not fighting against pooja. At the present his son was happy and he was content with that.  kabir was almost done in his process to set up an office in Mumbai.  It was almost 11.00 and pooja still hadn't come to the room. He had become habituated with her presence besides him in such a short time. Unable to resist any longer he went in search of pooja. He saw her hunched over her laptop on the dining table, she seemed frustrated. He came to her trying to be casual he asked isn't it a little late to use that creative cells in brain for designs.

She looked up with eyes flashing fire. OK.  Kabir realised this was something serious. He sobered up.

Pooja : I hate this school authorities . What sort of guideline they are coming up with! They have organised a cooking competition for mothers in school tomorrow. And it's mandatory to make a dish that is nutritious and tasty that kids love.  Has ever a child born on this planet who loves nutritious food? And since when is  nutritious and tasty part of same sentence in regards to food? She threw the pencil she had held in her hand.

Kabir sat besides her, took the laptop and said let me search the recepies.After few minutes he looked at Pooja and said why don't you make chickoo milkshake it's nutritious and tasty. Pooja looked uncertain, she asked do you really think I make good chickoo milkshake? I mean ved really wants me to win this competition. Kabir looked at pooja. She was the same woman who single handedly destroyed p.k. Mittal with her flawless plans and here she was nervous about a cooking competition. He held her hands, ved and me, we both love it. So here's  100 percent review in your favour. That brought a smile to her face. Kabir liked being the reason for her smile. It was the first time kabir had appreciated her cooking, pooja reflected. Kabir continued pooja, even if you don't win this competition you are still the best mother ved can have. It was said with such genuine emotion that pooja couldn't hold back her tears she on an impulse hugged kabir. Pooja thought she was right, kabir is 'the one' for her. Now She had to work on the part of being 'the one' for him. Next day kabir was in the office, in the middle of the meeting, yet he was constantly looking at his watch. Why didn't pooja call him with the news of the result. He hesitantly admitted he too was nervous about the cooking competition.  After what felt like an eternity his phone rang he answered it in first ring..from the other side of the phone came a beaming voice....daddy!!!!! Mum won!!!!!  Esha, niya, Tina, Anna, priya, all loved the milkshake. Kabir laughed his son had a contagious laughter. He asked what about your teachers?  Ved paused than said I don't know dada. Kabir now understood what pooja always complained about. His son's priority list was shewed. Ved disconnected  the phone saying he will be waiting for dinner. Kabir was little disappointed that pooja did not talk to him. God! he was missing her..he wanted to hear the happiness in her voice. But maybe it was asking for too much he thought. And got back to work.

Such a great story❤️ Love the plot and your narration😊

Originally posted by arviabhigya

Such a great story❤️ Love the plot and your narration😊

Thank you

continue please. Now we need your stories to fill the void now the show has ended. 😭

Originally posted by Milalal27

continue please. Now we need your stories to fill the void now the show has ended. 😭

Hey are you on wattpad I have updated it there!!!! Let me know or else I will update here too....

I found it on Wattpad. ❤️👍🏼

Chapter 14 please .....

Edited by Milalal27 - 4 years ago

hi what is it called on wattpad? i cant find it!

Edited by ishqi - 4 years ago

Originally posted by ishqi

hi what is it called on wattpad? i cant find it!

my user name on wattpad is Icey_dreams

and it's called Fated - A fanfiction based on star plus show Ek bhram - sarvagun sampanna

Edited by Icey_dreams - 4 years ago